Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: How much does a person's age influence their boxing interests?

Boxing was at its best from 1985 to 1995... peaking on March 17th 1990 and having one last great moment on November 5th 1994

Got to admit pretty much post 2000 I have not got a scooby

Last edited by TBooze; 09-01-2007 at 04:37 PM.
TBooze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I'm 54 and I remember fondly the era of the seventies, and the free tv, and the great fighters of that decade. I obviously think, that with a few exceptions, that the champions of that era were superior to what has come since then, so I'm naturally somewhat nostalgic for the seventies as well as earlier times and fighters. I'm as interested in great fighters and fights of the past as I am those of today.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #18
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield
The buzz of a great fight, the electricity of a Pacquiao entrance, the 10th round of Corrales-Castillo I, bring the same chills as when I was a kid in the Stone Age.
I've seen you mention Pacquiao a few times, I think, so can I take it that you're a fan of his, John? He's defeintly a great fighter, but more importantly as a fan, he brings a lot of excitement to every fight. I like him a lot.

To answer this thread, I only became a serious fan of boxing in the last few years - Probably aound the time I got the internet a few years ago. Despite no fighters around that tmie really getting my interest, it gave me access to people like Henry Arsmstrong, who I had never heard of, and people like Frazier, who I'd barely seen. I just downloaded a bunch of fights and then started to buy the rarer bouts.

Like I said, no current boxer got my attention, so a lot of the fighters who got me into boxing were dead or certainly not fighting, were responsible for that.

I think most people my age would be fans of Shane Mosley or Lennox Lewis, and whilst I do like them, most of my favourite fighters are from the 70's - A decade before I was born.

I love boxing in 2007 though. As the decade has gone on, it's improved. The fights in the next 3 months are insane.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum