Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #16
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Looks like fedor is a UFC fighter now...(almost finalised)

I hope they come through with this shit.
Blacc Jesus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #17
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4
Fedor/Couture is one of the biggest fights ever...but will the casual UFC fans care about Fedor? To Pride fans, this will be astronomical. But Fedor better hope he doesn't have a "Cro Cop moment" after getting this big deal.
they will really have to hype fedor up. i feel a lot of casual fans will look at fedor who looks like some regular dude and will be like no way this guy can be as dangerous as they say.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentauros
I agree, but Cro Cop has faced who is who in both K1 and MMA.Fedor didnt face top opponent since August 2005 (CC vs Fedor).I would like to see him against Barnett,Arlovski,Werdum,Couture,Gonzaga.....
Mark Hunt? K-1 champ and at the time he was touted top10 HW in the world(even though i disagree). Coleman isn't a pushover either, his loses come only against people who are really good. Lindland even though a MW weighted in at 210(if im not mistaking) which is probably his walking weight plus some muscle building. Lindland is easily top 3 imo in MW today. I'd say thats a pretty solid competition and is certainly better than "Eddie Sanchez's".

The only 'can' is Zulu who is just a punching bag. When Fedor beat him i seriously thought it looked like a man fightin a baby. Undefeated Vale Tudo record my ass.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #19
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblate
they will really have to hype fedor up. i feel a lot of casual fans will look at fedor who looks like some regular dude and will be like no way this guy can be as dangerous as they say.
I can see it now...

Text appears, " 30 minutes before the fight". You see him playing cards and laughing. . Flash of him in his kimono walking out. "25 minutes before the fight" Back to him playing cards and looking at a catalog of T-shirts... Flash of him hitting Nog's had so hard that it keeps bouncing off of the floor. "10 minutes before the fight" Back to him warming up in a hallway... Flashes of the footage in Nog's fight where he comes straight at the camera and just doesn't stop.

That would be so bad ass :P.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #20
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This will probably THE biggest fight in MMA history. Out of all the people in MMA if there was someone who has a chance to beat fedor it would be couture. I doubt it will happen though. Couture still has a few surpirses left in him
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
kentauros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Mark Hunt? K-1 champ and at the time he was touted top10 HW in the world(even though i disagree). Coleman isn't a pushover either, his loses come only against people who are really good. Lindland even though a MW weighted in at 210(if im not mistaking) which is probably his walking weight plus some muscle building. Lindland is easily top 3 imo in MW today. I'd say thats a pretty solid competition and is certainly better than "Eddie Sanchez's".

The only 'can' is Zulu who is just a punching bag. When Fedor beat him i seriously thought it looked like a man fightin a baby. Undefeated Vale Tudo record my ass.
Fedor is #1, but:
Mark Hunt has no ground game (see Hunt-Barnett)
Zulu is can
Matt Lindland,"even though a MW"!,2 divisions below Fedor!!

Eddy Sanchez,hmm..who knows.His only loss is against Cro Cop,he is 2-1 in UFC with one solid win over Neto
kentauros is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #22
BoardBULLY
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

its not going to happen
BoardBULLY is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #23
kentauros

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec
This will probably THE biggest fight in MMA history. Out of all the people in MMA if there was someone who has a chance to beat fedor it would be couture. I doubt it will happen though. Couture still has a few surpirses left in him
IMO Barnett has the biggest chance to beat Fedor.Barnett is bad matchup for Fedor
kentauros is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #24
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentauros
Fedor is #1, but:
Mark Hunt has no ground game (see Hunt-Barnett)
Zulu is can
Matt Lindland,"even though a MW"!,2 divisions below Fedor!!

Eddy Sanchez,hmm..who knows.His only loss is against Cro Cop,he is 2-1 in UFC with one solid win over Neto

Again, Mark Hunt was touted top10 at the time of Fedor's fight, i dont care if he has no ground game, it doesn't matter. CC doesn't have no ground game either it doesn't stop him from being the top competition for anyone in HW.
Again, Matt Lindland WAS TWO HUNDRED TEN POUNDS at the time when he fought Fedor. 210lbs = Heavyweight. It also means he was a lot stronger and NOT exhausted from cutting weight.
Zulu is can
Sanchez is can
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #25
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

Nog is no can especially at the time neither was Herring who at the time PrideFC was trying to position in a title shot at Nog, unfortunately they matched him up against a guy named Fedor.
Nuke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum