Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: That was a prime, vintage Hatton..

He WORKS inside whilst holding and clutching in the Castillo fight different to Urango and Urango, where I felt he did hold excessively late on as he was exhausted.

He threw some special body punches last night. The way he shifted his body to land them is amazing. Great technique. Very Special. Just because it isn't a jab-hook, 1-2 combos, 1234 combos, doesn't make him any less skilled. He's just skilled in different areas.

As a smallish (height and reach-wise) fighter why are people surprised he fights inside the way he does?
grayggr is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

All i can say is see how many punches were thrown and landed in just under 4 rounds.

Now go and watch the first 4 rounds of mayweather and odh and see which is more exciting
fidds is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #18
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitman
Castillo was holding a lot more than Ricky in this fight, and it visibly pissed Ricky off. I'm not saying Ricky doesn't hold, in fact he did it so excessively vs Collazo and Urango that it annoyed the hell out of me but against Castillo he was the one doing more to make the fight.
seriously anytime i see something stupid said about hatton i look at the persons info and its always someone from the uk. hatton won the fight he won by stoppage be happy about that but don't bullshit and say the clinches were initiated by castillo. castillo vs corrales they fought so long on the inside and there was no holding going down. hatton always hold and he was the one initiating the clinching yesterday.
oblate is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum