Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Tendonitis : (

has neone had it here? i went to the doctor today and he said that the surgery for the cist might not be the problem and it might actually be that i have tendonitis (in my left wrist) and was also talking about how i might have to start getting shots of cortozone in it every few months...i'm 19 yrs. old...this type of thing isn't supposed to happen till i'm like 50 or 60...neone had it so i can work on it myself and not have to get the steroids shot in my wrist just so i can funtion properly??? please!
JMonster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Quickhand
Journeyman

Default Re: Tendonitis : (

I have it in my elbow. Just try to give it some time to heal. If that doesn't work then you'll have to get the shots.
Quickhand is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
scott c

If it was a GP you went to you will want a second opinion. There not trained to spot spoting injuries. avoid the injections at all costs as there de generative and will in the long run do more damage. Tendinitus can be cured via physio depending on the cause and severity. I used to get it in my left knee every year or so. My sport was non impact though so i used to get it taped up if i had alot on that week but you must rest unless you cant avoid doing so. Take stuff like glucosamine. Not sure how much difference it makes but its cheap enough to give it a go. 2x1000mg a day + cod liver oil ice and compression will help too as well as hot and cold treatment. A good sports Dr will charge around £100 for a consultation but go on reputation as well as cost. Also check there qaulifications. A physio will charge about 30 a session and id use these after a propper diagnosis from a sports MD
scott c is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thanks for the help...it's been about a year now since it's not been 100%...actually probably a lil over...i heard about the glucosomine and was thinking about taking that...the doctor sent me to another doctor who specializes in hands or w/e but i can't get in till 2 weeks (u know how doctors go) and at one point i didn't do nething w/ my wrist for about 2-3 months and it didn't even really help, if nething it made it worse
JMonster is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
evan_bod
Journeyman

Ice and heat treatment cured the pain I had from a rotator cuff tear very quickly. I had it for nearly 4 months and it didn't seem to go away. After every time i work out at the boxing gym I would apply ice for 20 minutes right away, then take a steaming hot shower for about 15, then once I got out ice again for 20 minutes. Pain stopped within a week.
evan_bod is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #6
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thanks...i'ma give that a shot next week...i came down w/ a lil illness right now and my wrist is actually seeming to feel better so i dont' know if it's really all the way bad that i got this lil bug. but next week i will for sure do that...thanks again
JMonster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing