Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #61
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Appleby v Martin Lindsay thread

gilmour is a good domestic level manager who will put his fighters through their paces and bring them through the ranks against tough opposition but I think he struggles to give them that boost needed to get to the world stage. Perhaps lack of funds?
kerrminator is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #62
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
gilmour is a good domestic level manager who will put his fighters through their paces and bring them through the ranks against tough opposition but I think he struggles to give them that boost needed to get to the world stage. Perhaps lack of funds?
If at lack of funds kerrminator my good man, then thats probably down to Tommy himself being a tightwad

Honestly, some of the decent scottish members who post here have some horror stories to tell about Gilmour & his infamous tightwad, be careful when listening to TG, cos hes all about making himself out to be the hero all the time, when hes fleecing his fighters.
Dont know if all I have heard is true, but its solid stories from trusted members in here, & why should they lie?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #63
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Cheers for the info Dunky

I just kinda based my post on what i'd seen over the years. There has been many a good fighter ready to move up a level yet he keeps them at the same stage until they go stale (if you know what i mean lol )
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #64
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
Cheers for the info Dunky

I just kinda based my post on what i'd seen over the years. There has been many a good fighter ready to move up a level yet he keeps them at the same stage until they go stale (if you know what i mean lol )
Listen, up until recently I saw TG s a good rep for scottish boxing. Then some scottish fight fans that I trust dropped me a line, & thats why I dont trust a word tht comes out of his mouth now.
Hopefully if they can be bothered, the guys I am taking about will get in touch, to tell you what they told me! Its no top secret stuff or anything, but we all know that ripping a promoter apart in public aint a good idea, cos I would love to talk about it some more in this thread

You & me are long term buddies though, so I wouldnt bullshit. You know that.
Hopefully Scotty comes back one last time & we can get some closure on the man who broke our collective hearts...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #65
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdogg2 View Post
we will see on saturday dunky please believe me appleby is losing this fight .
OK noob, heres the deal.

If Applebey loses this fight? I will stop posting here for good. THATS how sure I am chuckles wins this one.

No bullshitting, people have been wanting me away from here for years, but this fight has tipped me over the edge. So many people thinking the irishman wins this one, I have to take it one stage further & say that if Lindsey wins, I will retire from Brit ESB.

I been here for five years now, so it doesnt get anymore serious than this. It aint no cop-out, cos if my man loses I will return for 5 posts, take my punishment like a real man, give my take on the fight & will walk away. **** it.
THATS how confident I am of the scotsman winning, just incase anyone here thought it was mere bravado. Its time to put necks on the line.

FIVE YEARS here. If Applebey loses, I come in for five posts maximum just to say how I sawa the fight & to let the victors kick me when Im down, then Im off.
& if I dont go away as promised? just tell the mods & they have my blessing to ban my ass for good. After all, a bet is a bet. Not that I will be back anyway, but a bet is a bet at the end of the day.

Not that Im going anywhere of course

Only way I dont leave though if Appleby loses is if the fight ends prematurely on a cut that was unintentional. Thats never a satisfactory ending to a fight.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #66
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
OK noob, heres the deal.

If Applebey loses this fight? I will stop posting here for good. THATS how sure I am chuckles wins this one.

No bullshitting, people have been wanting me away from here for years, but this fight has tipped me over the edge. So many people thinking the irishman wins this one, I have to take it one stage further & say that if Lindsey wins, I will retire from Brit ESB.

I been here for five years now, so it doesnt get anymore serious than this. It aint no cop-out, cos if my man loses I will return for 5 posts, take my punishment like a real man, give my take on the fight & will walk away. **** it.
THATS how confident I am of the scotsman winning, just incase anyone here thought it was mere bravado. Its time to put necks on the line.

FIVE YEARS here. If Applebey loses, I come in for five posts maximum just to say how I sawa the fight & to let the victors kick me when Im down, then Im off.
& if I dont go away as promised? just tell the mods & they have my blessing to ban my ass for good. After all, a bet is a bet. Not that I will be back anyway, but a bet is a bet at the end of the day.

Not that Im going anywhere of course

Only way I dont leave though if Appleby loses is if the fight ends prematurely on a cut that was unintentional. Thats never a satisfactory ending to a fight.
right mate appleby will lose ...so dont exile urself from a place u enjoy posting 2..that would b silly..u need 2 stand ur ground and fight the great fight of scottish boxing...because appleby will lose its not the end of the world
fra is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #67
beecho1988
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lindsey on points for me
beecho1988 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #68
belfastmark

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
belfastmark is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #69
belfastmark

any idea what time the first fighters will enter the ring!
belfastmark is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #70
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastmark View Post
any idea what time the first fighters will enter the ring!

In my experience of boxing cards in the UK the 1st undercard fighters usually kick off at around 17.30 - 18.00
Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 AM   #71
TK Terrible
Tuff Little Unit
ESB Jr Member

Com' on Paul!
TK Terrible is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #72
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

~Paul looks like his is in the shape of his life,hes been training hard,and the effects are shown .

looking at lindsay he looks good but does he seem a wee bit dark under the eyes?maybe im looking too much but he dosent look vibrant,but im no expert in boxers health

also looking at the betting there are some good oddsdoing the round betting ,with the last four rounds for appleby to win by ko ranginf from 50/1 -66/1 .which given the way this fight could pan out that isnae too bad ...
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #73
TK Terrible
Tuff Little Unit
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
also looking at the betting there are some good oddsdoing the round betting ,with the last four rounds for appleby to win by ko ranginf from 50/1 -66/1 .which given the way this fight could pan out that isnae too bad ...
Might go stick a few on that, will have a wee look this afternoon
TK Terrible is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #74
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
~Paul looks like his is in the shape of his life,hes been training hard,and the effects are shown .

looking at lindsay he looks good but does he seem a wee bit dark under the eyes?maybe im looking too much but he dosent look vibrant,but im no expert in boxers health

its just a wee bruise under there from sparring or knockin heads with someone sparring. no big deal, shows hes primed to go

im going for martin big time being from belfast, but no matter who wins it BETTER be a exciting entertaining fight
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #75
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
OK noob, heres the deal.

If Applebey loses this fight? I will stop posting here for good.
Again?
Cobbler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum