East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Appleby v Martin Lindsay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
come on dunky!!
be a man!!!
dont embarass your country!!
wheres the braveheart spirit??? LMFAO!!!!!!!!
5 posts!! remember!!!! lol
Yeah yeah, I remember noob, or as you won the bet, I will call you by your name, the jollystomper.

Well what can I say? Appleby lost, I lost the bet(to a ****in noob) & heres where its at. I promised to come back for 5 posts & 'take it like a man' as they say, & I am a man of my word. Absolute cunt of a weekend for me as a scottish boxing fan, scotty is pretty much been retired after he got jailed, & now chuckles has lost to the irishman. & as I am an honourable man & always keep to a bet, my big mouth has finally came back to haunt me, Im in a state of shock to be honest.

But hey, I wouldnt be me without a rant(I was ranting here long before Buncey ranted on Setanta, I believe he stole that trademark from me, but he'll never rant as good as I did.

Firstly, I underestimated that ****in bearpit they fought in. Cos thats what it was, a modern day bearpit. It got to Appleby I believe, cos at the end of the day hes still just a kid. The bad atmosphere was a bit over the top though, what the **** had Applebey ever done to anyone in Belfast to be verbally attacked before during & after the fight so ferociously? It was indeed a bearpit. Its nothing to be proud of IMO, cos at the end of the day every fighter should be shown some respect, when the event is over. Applebey wasnt given any respect even after his defeat, & that saddened me. Fans laughing at him when the MC had announced Appleby was deemed in no fit state to continue cos of THAT ref?
The fans should hve done the decent thing & given the kid his respect. They didnt though, & that hurt me as the irish fans have the reputation as the best & most knowledgable fans in europe, they lacked a bit of class tonight IMO. Sour grapes? Not at all. Just dont goad a man after hes been beat, especially as Appleby is no Gomez, he was a respectful opponent.

& the referee, where do I start with that cunt??? The minute I heard it was Howard Foster, I recoiled in hooror. Why you may ask? Cos he was the unfair SOB that was picking on Ricky Burns the whole night when he beat Gomez. The stoppage IMO was a joke, Appleby was hurt & struggling, but there was only 20 odd seconds to go in the round & chuckles had grabbed his man, but the ref couldnt get in there quick enough to stop it.
It was a huge fight, & to stop it just cos Appleby got wobbled & was on shaky legs?
Shameful reffing. SHAMEFUL. This was a huge fight for both men. For a fight of this importance, it was stopped too early. If Appleby had went down, taken a count & saw the bell, then its game on, as the fight is still in in the relative early stages. Its when a fighter looks down & out, thats when you find out if they have a true champions heart, if thay can come back & snatch the victory. & Appleby wasnt even down!!!

Onto the fight itself, & my worst worries came back to haunt me. let me explain...
Appleby set such a furious pace, & his chopping bodyshots were killing Lyndsey IMO. However, Appleby was fighting like a madman, putting everything into every shot cos the crowd were getting to him. Thats where the corner comes in, they should have been telling Appleby to calm down a bit, take a breather.
Not so though, McGuire snr & co were screaming for Appleby to keep ploughing forward even when it was obvious that he was tiring as he had set a ridiculous pace, but it seemed that his stupid triner was caught up in the din more than Applebey himself was, & IMO his tactics led to the defeat.
I whinged just a few days ago that Applebeys trainer worried me, cos the guy is basically hopeless & sadly he didnt half prove me right. he should have been the calming influence for a kid in that kind of atmosphere, instaed he urged him on from the corner instaed of using his ****in brain & telling Appleby to take his foot of the gas & regin his composure.

If Billy Nelson doesnt get his hands on Paul appleby soon, I fear he wont realize his potential. Im sending out an SOS to team Appleby right now to get their boy as far away as possible from McGuire snr, he hasnt got what it takes to train a guy like Paul Appleby.
Well done to Lyndsey I suppose, but Paul Appleby at this stage in his career shouldnt have been thrown into a place like that to fight at such an early stage in his developement.
Shame on Tommy Gilmour for taking Hayemakers cash & throwing a young champion like Paul into the lions den like that, SHAME ON HIM.

Bad management from Gilmour, & poor training & tactics from McGuire nsn left the boy in a hopeless situation. Not to mention a ref dodgier than Dave Parris to put the icing on the cake...

Oh & in case people think Im not keeping true to the bet, I said I would use 5 posts to come back, take it on the chin & vent my feelings if it all went wrong, which sadly for me... it did

4 posts to go.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #137
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Fair play dunky man to your word

Your boy put up a good fight
LHL is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #138
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scala20 View Post
Hey Dunky

Your boy may have lost tonight but I really respect you putting your balls on the line with your prediction and the penalty you'd pay if Paul lost. He may have lost decisively but I'm sure no-one here would want you to leave the forum when you've shown such passion!

If its any consolation Appleby took part in what I think is one of the best and most engrossing British fights I've seen for ages!!

All the best mate

Chris

PS Come on FROCH!!!
Thanks chris, but I got involved in a bit of manly puffed chest shit, & when you **** up you have to pay the price. It was a great fight while it lasted, but Tommy Gilmour left his young prospect out to dry, just so he could make a fast buck. Its that that hurts me more, the fact Gilmour put a kid in that position, to fight in a hostile arena like that. Im raging about it. I thought that the irish posters here were overdoing how hostile a place it was, I was wrong. Gilmour knew though, & still sent in Appleby anyway just cos David Haye threw cash at him. Gilmour isnt stupid, he knows you dont get money for nothing...
Im angry, at them throwing Appleby into that place, more than anything. Thats whats irking me right now.

& dont speak for the majority of posters here, most want to see the back of me
& they got their wish. But thanks again for the kind words Scala, it means a lot to me.

3 posts left! I shouldnt need to use em all though. I ****in hate long goodbyes.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #139
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Fair play dunky man to your word

Your boy put up a good fight
he ceratinly did LHL, & all the best to Martin, he admitted himself that Appleby had him a couple of times, but the home advantage pulled him through IMO. The fans didnt only get into Applebys head, but they got into his trainers head also, thats why he was shouting at Appleby to push on, when a few calming words would have made all the difference...

Anyway, do I have two or one posts left? I have had a few beers today, found myself in a weird situation being a Birmingham supporter cos I want to see Faddy back in the Premiership, cos it will help Scotland I believe. Then watched the Appleby fight, stayed up to hear Froch snatch from the jaws of defeat, & thought "if it wasnt for that cunt of a ref, Applebey could still have won"

aah, ifs & buts, eh?

two posts left, I just counted
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #140
zico2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Dunky, dont be daft. Or be daft, and just come back with a new name
zico2010 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #141
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico2010 View Post
Dunky, dont be daft. Or be daft, and just come back with a new name

I aint being daft Zico, I lost a bet I was sure I would win, & just imagine the grief I would have given the jollyboy if I won!

****, 1 post left
Old 04-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #142
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra View Post
when appleby makes his charges 4ward...lindsay will b countering all night long...appleby big clumsy attacks wont make any impressions on the fleet footed macman...martin will win this big
was i right or was i right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
This is the one post I will be bringing back up with a chuckle on my big scottish chops when chuckles nails his man.

& it aint no bravado, Appleby is being underrated so much on ESB its crazy.
Why? Cos irish boxing is on the up!!!

Crazy stuff, everyone is gettin swept away in a tide of optimism cos Irish boxing is doing well. Its as simple as that, paul Applebey is going to win. The kid is too good for Martin. Wait & see!
dunky ur looking like 1 stupid **** now
fra is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #143
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i didnt feel there was anything wrong with the stoppage..aplleby coundt defend himself properly ....it would of ended in a bad k.o in my opinion
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #144
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
i didnt feel there was anything wrong with the stoppage..aplleby coundt defend himself properly ....it would of ended in a bad k.o in my opinion
I agree.

A kd should have been called earlier when Appleby grabbed Lindsay's legs to stay up.

At the finish Lindsay hit him with a flush hook, Appleby's legs went, and then Lindsay stepped off for a second, leaving an opening for the ref to jump in. The stoppage was fine; Appleby was ****ed.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #145
rothwell
Journeyman

I disagree with the stopage.

No doubt Appleby was hurt and struggling, but he hadn't gone down and it wasn't like Lindsay had landed 6/7 consecutive unanswered shots.

Ref could have given him a standing 8 count? If he was struggling after that I would have had no problem.
rothwell is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #146
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothwell View Post
I disagree with the stopage.

No doubt Appleby was hurt and struggling, but he hadn't gone down and it wasn't like Lindsay had landed 6/7 consecutive unanswered shots.

Ref could have given him a standing 8 count? If he was struggling after that I would have had no problem.
The ref was looking to stop it when Appleby was on the ropes and taking a fair bit of leather. It looked as if he was on his way down but managed to hold on to Lindsay. At first viewing i thought it was early but having watched the fight again i think it was a justified stoppage he was out on his fight and was taking too many flush shots
LHL is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #147
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dont be a dickhead and leave Dunk!

You and alba are my two favourite Jocko McWhiskeyswillers on here and I enjoy yer posts.

A Lindsay avatar for the rest of the year will suffice. Anyone agree?

cop on man!
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #148
apps1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

paul will be back !!!! well done lindsay !!!
apps1 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #149
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Whos next now for lyndsay?
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #150
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222 View Post
Whos next now for lyndsay?

I'd like to see a rematch in Scotland. I think the hostile crowd played a big part. Shame on Gilmour imo.
kerrminator is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum