Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #16
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Favorite Ten Rounders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging B(_)LL
Interesting thread, and glad to have you back TH, long time no see.

Besides the bouts already mentioned, I would nominate the two Merqui Sosa/Charles Williams bouts, especially the first one which ended in a double TKO after the ring doctor ruled both fighters were too beat up to continue.

Another good one was the Jorge Paez/Tracy Spann fight. Paez got dropped hard by a right hook (Spann was a southpaw) in the 4th I think, and he barely beat the count but managed to survive the round. He lost a point in the 6th if I remember correctly for repeatedly putting his left glove in Tracy`s face in an attempt to obstruct his vision, and after several warnings the referee took a point off.

But it was a seesaw battle and a highly entertaining fight, which ended with a split decision win for Paez. The fight was very close however, and could have easily gone Spann`s way in my opinion, but Jorge did come on strong in the last two rounds which probably swung the fight his way.

Two other favourites would be the Dick Tiger/Henry Hank and Mauro Mina/Henry Hank fights. The Tiger/Hank bout was a barnburner, both men stood their ground and it was bombs away for most of the fight. Hank stood his ground with him every step of the way, but Tiger did land the more telling blows and it was clear that he was the stronger of the two.

Hank/Mina was another great fight, with Hank throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Mina in the early going, but Mina blocked many of the punches coming his way and used his excellent jab to pile up the points. By the 7th round it looked like Hank had punched himself out, and was on the backfoot for the remainder of the fight. He fought in spurts only after that, and Mina kept sticking that jab in his face all night long to good effect, excellent action packed bout this was.

..........Good stuff RB. Hey, it's just about time for me to replace my Sanchez collection, having given it all away a bit ago on VHS. Time to upgrade. How many of his do you have again?

..........I shall be in touch.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan
..........Good stuff RB. Hey, it's just about time for me to replace my Sanchez collection, having given it all away a bit ago on VHS. Time to upgrade. How many of his do you have again?

..........I shall be in touch.
Hey there Sal, how you been man?

I have about a dozen of his bouts, most of them in very good condition. Send me an e-mail or pm, we will disscuss the details in private.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bobby Czyz-Robbie Sims.
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #19
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan
Great thread idea, TH, and nice to have you back!

You took my choice with Ramos vs. Ramos! Glad you liked it, though. I've been a big Mando Ramos fan since seeing that one (thanks, RB)!

I thought Chacon-Limon III was quite good, and also one of the worst decisions no one ever talks about. Bobby was bloodied, battered, and knocked down; nearly stopped......he managed to rally in the last couple rounds, and the judges somehow gave him the decision. Unfathomable. I love Bobby, but he got his ass kicked that night. Even the TV announce moaned "OH, they STOLE it from him" when the decision was announced. Good action though, and of course the trademark heart of both these guys was always on display.

I don't know for sure if this was scheduled for ten rounds, but I have the first fight between Jofre and the underrated Joe Medel. A ferocious fight, seeing both hurt badly (Medel was a murderous puncher; besides badly shaking the great Jofre, he also stopped the super-tough ATG Fighting Harada in their first fight), Jofre rebounded to stop Medel in the tenth. The fifth and ninth round of these are particularly good. Great see-saw action, with both guys nearly going down only to shake the other guy in the next moment.

Blake-Baltazar was great, too. Been a long time since I've seen that one, I need to get another copy.
I gave you 2 fights that were ten rounders, and 1 of em was complete, and I DIDNT SEE 1 fight or the 2nd fight on your ten round list.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum