Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #361
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Willie Pep - would his fans please justify his placement in their top all time lists

It's quite sad to quote someone from two months ago, just to say 'he's hardly Pernell" or whatever it was. That is 'prattish'.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #362
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Default Re: Willie Pep - would his fans please justify his placement in their top all time lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
It's quite sad to quote someone from two months ago, just to say 'he's hardly Pernell" or whatever it was. That is 'prattish'.
No idea when he was quoted, and dont care. The thread was up and running from today and the thread was open when I clicked on the classic section. I happened to reply about boxing.

I think its quite sad when someone takes a difference of opinion personal, thus the reason he never replied to my personal message, no other reason. No big deal.

And If I happened to post a personal message to him, he should have left it at that. But he had to post on here saying "Dont personal message me I wont reply" thats prattish. I hardly needed a reminder on the forum he wasn't going to reply.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #363
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
The thread was up, it's not like he ressurected the thread just to say that.

So, out of 22 or so pages, he felt the need to say a whole lot of nothing?
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #364
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
No idea when he was quoted, and dont care. The thread was up and running from today and the thread was open when I clicked on the classic section. I happened to reply about boxing.

I think its quite sad when someone takes a difference of opinion personal, thus the reason he never replied to my personal message, no other reason. No big deal.

And If I happened to post a personal message to him, he should have left it at that. But he had to post on here saying "Dont personal message me I wont reply" thats prattish. I hardly needed a reminder on the forum he wasn't going to reply.
Why do you think I've taken something personally? I wouldn't give two shits if you thought Willie Pep was a shit boxer who beat up his mother and strangled his neighbour's cat. Judging by your rambling, it looks like you're the one who's taking things personally. Now **** off
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #365
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa
Why do you think I've taken something personally? I wouldn't give two shits if you thought Willie Pep was a shit boxer who beat up his mother and strangled his neighbour's cat. Judging by your rambling, it looks like you're the one who's taking things personally. Now **** off
With the words "**** off" looks like u have made a complete ass of yourself saying its me whos taking things personal.

Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #366
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

Nope, I'm just brutally direct.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #367
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Nope, I'm just brutally direct.
Nope, its not personal?. I think everyone on planet earth would disagree. Mind Manassa, your the one who used the words "**** off" towards me, YOUR THE ONE TAKING THINGS PERSONAL.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #368
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

Alright mate, I mean, tosser
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #369
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
JW: What do think of todayís fighters? Do you get a chance to watch any fights?

Jackie Graves: Yes, I get a chance to watch the fights on Friday nights (ESPN2ís Friday night fights), and I think a lot of them are bums. They have no heart. I donít think they would even be able to be sparring partners of mine or Pepís, or Del or Glen Flanaganís. Some, but not most. I watch them and it makes me want to make a comeback. (We both start laughing). It really does. It makes me wonder what might have been if Iíd be fighting today. Sometimes I get too excited watching the fights and I get up and start shadow boxing. Sometimes itís too much for me. I still go into dreams about my fights. At night, and in the day. I wake up or I snap out of a daydream and I start shadow boxing. Sometimes they are so real too. Even today at my age I still dream about my fightsÖand other fighters too, like Jack Dempsey and Joe Louis. Iíll never quit dreaming about my boxing."
Thankyou for highlighting the 'back in the good old days' line of thinking.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #370
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe

It is annoying.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #371
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Alright mate, I mean, tosser
Peace in the middle east.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #372
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Yep.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #373
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

This thread should be stickied! Mods, why don't you sticky classic, awesome threads, like this one and a couple of others?

You could form a Forum of classic ESB threads! It would raise the profile of ESB a lot - and newcomers will learn to appreciate the quality that can be found here more readily!
Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum