Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583
Default Pacquiao and Marquez are the best things that ever happened to each other

Sounds a bit gay but bear with me...

Pacquiao is the best thing that ever happened to Marquez because their fights gave Marquez a chance to showcase his superb boxing skills to a much bigger audience. MAB and EM didn't fight him befre Pac probably because they viewed it as a high risk, low reward kind of fight (feel free to educate me with this point). Sure he has great wins over Casamayor, Diaz and MAB and no doubt those wins solidify his PFP status, but it's mainly because of his 2 incredibly close fights with Pacquaio that JMM is getting all this attention. With every Pacman victory, the legend of JMM grows as well, and it's getting him the big fights he truly does deserve.

For Pacquiao, no doubt that his loss to Morales was a career defining one, becuase it signaled the end of the one sided Pac and the birth to a HOF level 2 handed whirlwind. But I believe that it was his 2nd fight with JMM that brought about his ascent to an ATG. Why? Because Freddie Roach said so

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Something clicked after Marquez (in March of last year). Hes a more-complete fighter. Everything weve worked on is coming into play.

And so far, Freddie has been spot on with everything he has said, we all thought Freddie was high when he said Pac would stop DLH. But he did, we all thought that when he said Hatton wouldn't last more than 3 rounds that we was just doing his bit to promote the fight. Hatton didn't even last 2 rounds. Freddie calls it as he sees it, and he sees very very well indeed.

When I look back to PAc JMM 2 now, I can see what he means.

I thought JMM won that fight(but I'm no expert so if the judges scored it otherwise, I'll bow to their better knowledge), and when you see Pac's reaction to the decision, it looked to me that he was a bit surprised with the outcome as well, as if some small part of him wasn't sure if he did enough to win. And maybe, because of that Pac realized he can still be beat and because of that, he has worked that much harder to make sure that he doesn't come close to losing again. And so far, he has performed almost perfectly against a game LW champion and 2 HOFers, all in higher weight classes.

And I think Pacman should thank JMM for bringing out the best in him.

Long post, sorry about that. Peace.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao and Marquez are the best things that ever happened to each other

I still think pac shoulda won the 1st JMM fight, but it had no business goin past rd 2. That and the loss in the 1st EM fight motivated Pac to adjust his style and step his game up. He has. And JMM is obsessed wit pac after those 2 fights, so he's been steppin his game up too. Unfortunately, he called out PBF just to spite Pac and that's gonna get him KTFO.
mangler is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Pacquiao and Marquez are the best things that ever happened to each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
I still think pac shoulda won the 1st JMM fight, but it had no business goin past rd 2. That and the loss in the 1st EM fight motivated Pac to adjust his style and step his game up. He has. And JMM is obsessed wit pac after those 2 fights, so he's been steppin his game up too. Unfortunately, he called out PBF just to spite Pac and that's gonna get him KTFO.
true that, on one hand I'm happy that Marquez is in a position to get a huge payday, but damn, Mayweather? Skillwise it could go either way, but with the size issue, it doesn't look good.

JMM may be more technically skilled than Pacman, but from a physical aspect, I don't think he can bring his power up the way Manny did to give Mayweather much trouble
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

gay
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
ninerskeet
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
How so? Most judges never score 10-6 scores to begin with. That puts the fight almost out of reach for a fighter. I forget where I read this, but it was from a very qualified source.
ninerskeet is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict

Marquez to Pac: "You complete me"

good analysis btw
HyperBone is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBone View Post

good analysis btw
Lol, man, thread title fail for me...
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #8
Gonzarelli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Manny to JMM: "You had me at herro"
Gonzarelli is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzarelli View Post

Manny to JMM: "You had me at herro"

more like "you had me at hilo"

taking into account Pac's southern accent (souther philippines that is)

seriously, Pac speaking english is more likely to give him nosebleeds than any other fighter at 140

sill, props to Manny for not using a translator, he has guts!
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 AM   #10
asero
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

good analysis btw

i've been searching for you all these months..please give me money that i deserve
asero is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum