Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: PAC: I think Marquez is the better boxer(than Mayweather)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Rand View Post
Corley was a junior welterweight who was famed for wobbling Cotto. And Floyd won every round. Marquez was losing the fight to Diaz.

If Floyd didnt KO Diaz, he would have beaten him so bad that the fight would have been stopped. Floyd wouldnt have lost a round.

Diaz is a feather fisted brawler with a low KO percentage. Yet he was able to catch Marquez and rock him multiple times?

Have you ever seen Floyds fights at the lower weight classes. Stop being an idiot.

This is why you joy boys are a joke, anything less than PBF is God and you all get upset like someone insulted your mom, so guess what.

**** yo bitch ass Mom.

PBF was still young and learning a lot about the game when he was at 135, JMM has become complete at 135. Mayweather didnt become completely defensive until he moved to welters.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #32
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
I remember what Castillo did to Void in their first fight. Good thing Void had his judges.
Most have been hard crafting 9,000 posts of nothing but retard. How'd you do it?
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 AM   #33
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Ok, back to the original purpose of this thread.
What do you guy's think of Pac's comment as to speed? Mayweather is fast but faster than Pac? What about Marquez' speed which is definately not slow?
Does anyone else find it suprising that Pac mentions speed rather than power and size?
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #34
hmm
damn chairs
ESB Addict

hmm says... with the issue of speed... JMM proves he's a great counter puncher if he can time pac's speed. I also believe Pac's speed is faster than PBF. For sure JMM will be able to hang with PBF and give him hell.
hmm is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #35
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
This is why you joy boys are a joke, anything less than PBF is God and you all get upset like someone insulted your mom, so guess what.
Because I say that Floyd was a better fighter at 135 then Marquez, I think of him as a god?

Boy you're pathetic.

Lets review. Marquez got rocked by a feather fisted brawler and was losing to a guy who dropped a decision to a 40 year old Nate Campbell. What is your rebuttal? Try to make it semi coherent this time.

Quote:
PBF was still young and learning a lot about the game when he was at 135, JMM has become complete at 135. Mayweather didnt become completely defensive until he moved to welters.
Floyd did become a smarter fighter at 147. However at 140 and below he was still better defensively then Marquez has ever been. He made a fantastic fighter like Corrales look like a novice.

Lets review again. Floyd was stronger, faster and better defensively, and also beat better fighters. What makes you think Marquez is better then Floyd at this weight?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #36
Powerman55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Manny has studied and fought Marquez twice and works with one of the most inteligent trainers in boxing.

I think he knows alot more about boxing than aload of armchair boxers on eastside boxing.

Pac speaks the truth and doesn't mouth off ala 'Mayweather' so I'm inclined to believe him.
Powerman55 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #37
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Quote:

Floyd did become a smarter fighter at 147. However at 140 and below he was still better defensively then Marquez has ever been. He made a fantastic fighter like Corrales look like a novice.
Not to hate on Floyd but I just watched that fight last night. There was something wrong with Corrales. I think Marquez would have made minced meat out of him too. The guy was a zombie in there, just followed Floyd without throwing any punches. He landed two jabs which took effect and just gave his jabs up for no reason. The man's mind was mush. This is not to take away from Floyd but I think Corrales has been blown up a bit.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #38
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:
What makes you think Marquez is better then Floyd at this weight?

I like Marquez's display at this weight more than when Floyd was. Marquez has shown more power and better ring generalship in this weightclass than Floyd has when he was at 135. Marquez has shown he is able to adjust to extreme speed, so I wouldnt put so much at stake on Floyd hitting JMM at will.

So Ill reiterate it,

This 35 year old version of JMM, would beat the 25 year old version of Floyd at lightweight.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #39
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros View Post
Not to hate on Floyd but I just watched that fight last night. There was something wrong with Corrales. I think Marquez would have made minced meat out of him too. The guy was a zombie in there, just followed Floyd without throwing any punches. He landed two jabs which took effect and just gave his jabs up for no reason. The man's mind was mush. This is not to take away from Floyd but I think Corrales has been blown up a bit.
Corrales couldnt handle Floyds lateral movement. Everytime Chico had him cornered, he'd either get caught with a 3 punch combination, or Floyd would jump into nuetralizing his body attack. Chico had steamrolled all his opposition at 130. His only loss in that weight class was to Casa because Casa opened a gash in his mouth, Chico was taking over that fight aswell. He would go on to beat Casa in a rematch. A primer Casa then the one Marquez had trouble with. Chico was no joke. He just met a peak of his skills Floyd who presented far more movement and speed then Marquez did. Marquez was never a guy who used alot of lateral and horizontal movement.

I have no problem with Pac saying Quez is faster then Floyd. A 135lb Quez probably is faster then a 147lb Mayweather. However weight class for weight class its Floyd all the way and Floyd is a superior boxer.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 AM   #40
Powerman55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

'I have no problem with Pac saying Quez is faster then Floyd. A 135lb Quez probably is faster then a 147lb Mayweather. However weight class for weight class its Floyd all the way and Floyd is a superior boxer. '

He said Mayweather was faster. Marquez was the better counterpuncher.
Powerman55 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #41
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

vCash: 107

Quote:
Boxers cant be objective about anything. Thats why their predictions are nearly always wrong.
Oh as if you're being objective right now you big ass Mayweather nuthugger?!
J.R. is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #42
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
I like Marquez's display at this weight more than when Floyd was. Marquez has shown more power and better ring generalship in this weightclass than Floyd has when he was at 135.
At 135 Marquez has stoppage wins over a faded Casamayor, a fight that was even on the scorecards before the stoppage, and a stoppage win over feather fisted Diaz who was beating Marquez on my scorecard, and leading on one judges scorecard while drawing on another is better then Floyds 2 victories over prime Castillo? Who beat a prime Casa, and most likely would have stopped Juan Diaz?

Meh, no accounting for taste me thinks.

Quote:
This 35 year old version of JMM, would beat the 25 year old version of Floyd at lightweight.
Im only wondering if Pacquiao can knock JMM down 4 times in 2 fights, and he can be rocked by a feather fisted puncher in Diaz, how many times Floyd can knock him down before the fight is stopped. 5? 6?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #43
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Oh as if you're being objective right now you big ass Mayweather nuthugger?!
Yes I can. But im not gonna concede points that are obviously false.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #44
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:
At 135 Marquez has stoppage wins over a faded Casamayor, a fight that was even on the scorecards before the stoppage, and a stoppage win over feather fisted Diaz who was beating Marquez on my scorecard, and leading on one judges scorecard while drawing on another is better then Floyds 2 victories over prime Castillo? Who beat a prime Casa, and most likely would have stopped Juan Diaz?

Meh, no accounting for taste me thinks.

Im only wondering if Pacquiao can knock JMM down 4 times in 2 fights, and he can be rocked by a feather fisted puncher in Diaz, how many times Floyd can knock him down before the fight is stopped. 5? 6?
You never really understood the concept that styles makes fights do you?

JMM gets rocked by J,Diaz so that means he gets rocked by Floyd huh
but Corley rocks Floyd and that dont mean shit does it

Ill let you joy boys believe what you want to believe, im sure if JMM gives Floyd a close competitive fight in July you will still argue that Floyd beats JMM at any weight and any version.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #45
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
You never really understood the concept that styles makes fights do you?

JMM gets rocked by J,Diaz so that means he gets rocked by Floyd huh
but Corley rocks Floyd and that dont mean shit does it
Floyd KO's Marquez at 135, its not a question of rocked.

Diaz is a feather fisted puncher who was able to visibly hurt Marquez on numerous occasions most of the time when Marquez was backing up. Not only that he was winning the fight. Corley caught Floyd once coming in, but Floyd still won basically all of the rounds. Corley evn had Cotto doing the shuffle. This was at 140 btw. Not 135.

Quote:
Ill let you joy boys believe what you want to believe, im sure if JMM gives Floyd a close competitive fight in July you will still argue that Floyd beats JMM at any weight and any version.
Floyd would KO Marquez at 135, and he will KO Marquez at 144.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum