Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #31
Muchmoore

vCash:
Default Re: Foreman (1994) vs Tyson (1996)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave krieg
What I Find To Be The Most Amusing About These Tyson Vs Foreman Poles Is When Tyson Fan Boys Try To Rationalize How They Believe Tyson Would Win By Saying This."foreman Was Knocked Down By Ali And Ali Cant Punch So That Means Tyson Would Knock Foreman Out Easy"funny Right?then I Could Go Tyson Was Knocked Out By Buster Douglas.a Glass Chin Bum Who Couldnt Punch Vs A Damn.or Do I Have To Bring Up How A Past His Prime Holyfield Knocked Tyson Out And Yet A In Shape In His Prime Holyfield Couldnt Do The Same To A Fat Bald Slow Washed Up Foreman?
Foreman Also Hurt Holyfield Several Times In Their Fight With Glancing Blows While Tyson Did Nothing But Get Muscled Around Like A Child By Holyfield.tyson Himself Clearly Stated He Didnt Want Any Part Of Foreman Because He Knew He Would Be Knocked Out.foreman Only Said After Tyson Bit Holyfield Ear That He Wasnt Interested In Being In A Freak Show With Tyson.
To The People Who Say Foreman Didnt Fight Anybody In His Second Career Then I Say To You Who Did Tyson Fight?bruce Seldom?mitch Green?yeah Tyson Was Fighting Legends Right?tyson Never Beat A World Class Fighter Who Wasnt Paid By Don King To Take A Dive In His Career.foreman Fought To He Was 48 And Was Still Capable Of Beating Talented Punchers Like Briggs While Tyson Couldnt Beat Bums When He Was 38
Foreman In 1994 Or Any Other Year Would Always Beat Somebody Who Was As Cowardly And Pathetic As Tyson Was And Is.foreman In Less Than 5.
Find a nice, quiet place to sit down now
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #32
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

A lot of people talk about how Tyson wanted no part of Foreman, because Cus told him a come-forward fighter would never beat Foreman. Perhaps rightfully so, but let's be honest, how large is the chance of Foreman wanting to fight Tyson?

He made it clear that he wanted absolutely no part of Bowe and Lewis, and thought Holyfield/Morisson/Moorer would be more "beatable" champions.
Remember that before Holyfield beat Tyson, Tyson was still seen as near-invincible, in the ring he'd shown no signs of weak mentality at all yet and the Douglas loss was seen as a fluke. I strongly doubt Foreman at any point would've want to fight Tyson.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #33
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #34
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I believe Foreman would knock Tyson out.

Tyson could win if he runs and boxes all night very cautiously, like Tommy Morrison did.
Because the old man Foreman was SO DAMN SLOW that almost anyone could beat him with the run-rabbit-run strategy (Even Axel Schulz did it, remember, and George needed the judges to rob the German that night).

Still, I never saw Tyson run and box cautiously all night against anyone, and I think the 1996 version had less patience and less intelligence that the 1980s version.
So he's gonna get into a fight trying to KO big George, and Foreman would pummel him.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #35
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

After so many of Big George's wins during his second career, he would continually rev up his partisan fans with "I want Tyson, I want Tyson!" and continually would hype that matchup in post fight television interviews in the ring, repeating over and over that Tyson was too accustomed to being the predator in the squared circle, rather than the prey. Why did Tyson never take Foreman up on these lucrative challenges which the fans clearly wanted to see happen as badly as George? Simply because scared little Mikey had no prayer of beating Foreman, and everybody at the time knew it.

Considering how the weaker and smaller Bonecrusher Smith completely smothered Tyson with no difficulty whatsoever (and would unquestionably have knocked Tyson out if that one had been scheduled for the 15 round championship distance, just as he did Frank Bruno in ten) what's going to happen when George starts effortlessly and casually tossing frightened Mikey around like a little rag doll? This would be the proverbial man versus boy mismatch, and Tyson knew it as well as George. Foreman took Cooney's best hook coming forward, and no power punch in Tyson's petty little arsenal had anything to measure up to it. (I'd still like to see George get Mikey into the ring, but only if Foreman was granted immunity from prosecution for homicide.) All George would need to do, is plant his mitts on the little man's convenient shoulders, and keep him shoved away at arm's length. If itty bitty Mikey somehow managed to get closer inside, the lumbering giant would simply shove him back outside again.

At some point, Tyson might connect flush with the hardest punch he could ever possibly deliver, as Foreman walks right into it, and continues his inexorable advance. Then, midget Mikey would begin looking for a soft spot to lie down in.

Of course, itty, bitty Mikey might do something dumb to make George mad, like trying to bite him. If an incident like that takes place, then a hearse will be needed at ringside to cart away scared, stupid little Mikey.

Widdle bitty Mikey was easily pushed around by overblown cruiserweight Holyfield, who could never force Foreman to take a backward step. What kind of chance would this short little critter have in a contest where every single backwards move made is his? Foreman shoved the much bigger Tommy Morrison all over the place.

Tyson would eventually quit out of fear and frustration.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #36
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
After so many of Big George's wins during his second career, he would continually rev up his partisan fans with "I want Tyson, I want Tyson!" and continually would hype that matchup in post fight television interviews in the ring, repeating over and over that Tyson was too accustomed to being the predator in the squared circle, rather than the prey. Why did Tyson never take Foreman up on these lucrative challenges which the fans clearly wanted to see happen as badly as George? Simply because scared little Mikey had no prayer of beating Foreman, and everybody at the time knew it.

Considering how the weaker and smaller Bonecrusher Smith completely smothered Tyson with no difficulty whatsoever (and would unquestionably have knocked Tyson out if that one had been scheduled for the 15 round championship distance, just as he did Frank Bruno in ten) what's going to happen when George starts effortlessly and casually tossing frightened Mikey around like a little rag doll? This would be the proverbial man versus boy mismatch, and Tyson knew it as well as George. Foreman took Cooney's best hook coming forward, and no power punch in Tyson's petty little arsenal had anything to measure up to it. (I'd still like to see George get Mikey into the ring, but only if Foreman was granted immunity from prosecution for homicide.) All George would need to do, is plant his mitts on the little man's convenient shoulders, and keep him shoved away at arm's length. If itty bitty Mikey somehow managed to get closer inside, the lumbering giant would simply shove him back outside again.

At some point, Tyson might connect flush with the hardest punch he could ever possibly deliver, as Foreman walks right into it, and continues his inexorable advance. Then, midget Mikey would begin looking for a soft spot to lie down in.

Of course, itty, bitty Mikey might do something dumb to make George mad, like trying to bite him. If an incident like that takes place, then a hearse will be needed at ringside to cart away scared, stupid little Mikey.

Widdle bitty Mikey was easily pushed around by overblown cruiserweight Holyfield, who could never force Foreman to take a backward step. What kind of chance would this short little critter have in a contest where every single backwards move made is his? Foreman shoved the much bigger Tommy Morrison all over the place.

Some very astute observations here Deen..
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #37
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

I'm starting to feel a Rooster - Leonard thang here duo
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #38
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
I'm starting to feel a Rooster - Leonard thang here duo
Now you're just trying to stereotype me. (Stick around. I'm sure Rooster and I can find some issue to launch at each other about, just for your entertainment, JT. You'll find me perfectly capable of acting as an equal opportunity offender.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #39
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

George kept trying to hype a fight with Tyson for all of those years because he couldn't actually get that fight through merit. He tried to publicize his way into it with clever quotes, soundbites, and wins against inferior opposition. If George had to go through a legitimate contender to get into the ring with Tyson, the fight never would have happened anyway.

You can tell a lot about what a figther thinks of his abilities by judging his level of competition.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #40
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:

Considering how the weaker and smaller Bonecrusher Smith completely smothered Tyson with no difficulty whatsoever
I can say Tommy Morrison was able to completely outbox, outpunch, and outfight Foreman as well. If Smith had no difficulty how come he lost nearly every round of the 12 round fight?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #41
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore
I can say Tommy Morrison was able to completely outbox, outpunch, and outfight Foreman as well. If Smith had no difficulty how come he lost nearly every round of the 12 round fight?
For the exact same reason Smith lopsidedly lost nine of the first nine rounds against Frank Bruno, simply because he did not try. (The only difference betwixt Smith/Bruno and Tyson/Smith is that Smith finally got uncorked earlier in the tenth and final round against Bruno, whereas he waited until the very end of round 12 to rock Tyson. If Smith had begun round 12 against Tyson the way he began round ten against Bruno, he would have unquestionably dropped Mikey for the ten count well before that final round was over, exactly as he did to Frank. Nonetheless, I wholeheartedly grant that Smith should have been disqualified for not trying halfway through both matches, and had his purse forfeited each time. What Ali did against Foreman, and what Weaver did against Tate is not the same thing.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #42
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Now you're just trying to stereotype me. (Stick around. I'm sure Rooster and I can find some issue to launch at each other about, just for your entertainment, JT. You'll find me perfectly capable of acting as an equal opportunity offender.)
I wait with baited breath.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum