Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Cobra33
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Anybody remember Omar Weiss

Pretty slick boxer who got robbed against Antonio Diaz and gave Judha a good fight.
Cobra33 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
kickbxn5
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Anybody remember Omar Weiss

He was the first guy to beat Hector Camacho Jr
kickbxn5 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra33
Pretty slick boxer who got robbed against Antonio Diaz and gave Judha a good fight.
Interesting, largely overlooked guy, C33. Not only was he a slick boxer, but had the grit to do an ol' school thing that very few do, and largely overlooked: When the ref broke a clinch, he moved instantly forward, instead of takin' a step back to re-group.

So, he brought foot pressure, and was within punching room. He could also use the whole ring, if he had to.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
good right hand
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i remember weiss,

i heard he had a controversial fight with olivera too.

i saw his espn fight when he totally outboxed augustus

i remember he had great upperbody movement and ring generalship.
good right hand is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I wonder now how many of those draws, SD's and MD's actually should have went his way. Things could have been a lot different for him...

I must admit I only saw him in the Judah and Camacho fights, he looked pretty good, solid contender material..not much more. I actually might of seen the Augustus fight but my memory is a little hazy on all the Augustus losses Ive seen.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
good right hand
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I actually might of seen the Augustus fight but my memory is a little hazy on all the Augustus losses Ive seen.
as a huge augustus fan, but i myself cant even find anything to defend him on the absolute brilliant fight that weiss brought to win the match.

one flaw that augustus has imo is not at all with talent or experience, like im sure some others may think, augustus has the tools to be a world champion. its his mindset i think. he has to try to make the fight exiting... he has to entertain... he has try and make it a fight. augustus is a equally brilliant counter puncher but he noticed weiss doing one brillian thing, he was forcing augustus to make the fight and augustus felt obligated to do that which ment to walk in and trying to catch weiss like a bar slippery soap. weis had great ring generalship and augustus get a few jabs thrown at him before weiss would slip out.
good right hand is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Interesting fighter, Weis. Had what I call the South American style--wide leg stance, jumped in and out, really no jab, but pretty accurate with his punches and active.

The above poster is right, the win over EA was an excellent tactical exhibition. He befuddled EA by going counterpuncher and refusing to come out of that mode. Against Hector, Jr. he started that way but soon realized he was being outquicked, changing tactics mid-stream and becoming more aggressive won him that fight down the stretch, although I scored it 95-94 for Camacho.

It's weird that after the Augustus win he took a year and half off then lost to Arturo Morua, followed by going back to Argentina as an opponent at jr. middle. I'm wondering if personal issues played a part?
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum