Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #31
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450
Default Re: Thanks for the memories crocop!

but CC doesn't have great take downs, he was fortunate to get CK down, the last thing he would want would be to catch a knee in the chin or kick trying to use a takedown in which isn't his specialty.
AJAX is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #32
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I didn't, that's true. But the bottom line is, like I said, if Cro Cop has to take the fight to the mat, it is obvious he's not what he once was, as he has faced and beaten bigger and better strikers than this before. He is officially done as a top notch fighter, and I noticed you had nothing to say to the second part, as he is certainly finished, he's not gonna bounce back from this.
So you want me to say that Cro Cop is effectively done as a top rank competitive fighter? I don't totally believe that. I think it will be 10 times harder for him to win his next bouts as the airs of intimidation and near invincibility that he possessed are now lost which will certainly discourage Cro Cop and boost the confidence of ALL of his opponents. This is when we get to see just exactly what kind of a man Cro Cop is made of. If he soldiers on despite this he is the all-time great I suspect he can be. If he gets defeated soundly every time he enters the octagon then it becomes painfully obvious that his reputation greatly exceeded the merit of the man.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #33
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

yes, you can't take away his accomplishments and what he's done for the sport. It's just hard to see someone at 33 "past his prime" when a guy like Couture at 44, 11 years his elder is at the top of his game.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #34
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
yes, you can't take away his accomplishments and what he's done for the sport. It's just hard to see someone at 33 "past his prime" when a guy like Couture at 44, 11 years his elder is at the top of his game.
Very true. A lot of these guys are not "young" and are competing effectively. Henderson, Couture, Liddell, Sherk, Hughes, etc. are all older than Cro Cop and still compete at the upper echelon of this sport. To say that he is past his prime appears to be a cop out. To say that he has encountered some adversity would be more accurate. Like I said, we'll just have to see how he adjusts in his bouts in the future.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #35
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

the thing is with 1 more fight left on his contract he's likely going to call it a career. after 2 straight loses he would have to win about 3 in a row in order to deserve a title shot. Not to mention would have to beat some top competition, I def think he hangs of his spandex shorts.
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum