Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
TeamHussein

vCash: 1000
Default Lenny Zappavigna

In front of a vocal 800 sold out crowd at Club Marconi Lenny Zappavigna was in great form knocking out Indonesian Moses Seran for the full count with his trademark punch the left rip to the body!

Lenny's next fight will be at Club Marconi on Friday 24th July with an opponent to be announced soon.

Lenny will campaign at Lightweight.

Thank you.

Team Hussein
TeamHussein is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Lenny Zappavigna

Good news..Go Lenny.

Hopefully he gets back to St Claire level comp again.

Katsidas vs Lenny in the near future?
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
RayKelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm sure Lenny is keen to keep stepping it up, but I'd imagine its hard for him to get many fights here in Australia. It would be hard to find the balance between finding quality opponents, and staying active.
RayKelly is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Very keen to see Zap going round again.......gotta love that left rip to the body........hes going to win lots of fights with that punch.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Is he going to actually step up against somebody decent or is he going to continue fighting other aussie fighters' leftovers??
ranser is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranser View Post
Is he going to actually step up against somebody decent or is he going to continue fighting other aussie fighters' leftovers??
I hear his next fight is on FOX late July against a legitimate Aussie Junior Welter.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
He has stepped up........are you calling ST Clair and Browne leftovers??
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
He has stepped up........are you calling ST Clair and Browne leftovers??
no, but the fact that they are a climbing the boxing ladder and then all of a sudden take a real backward step in their career and fight a nobody really pissses me off..
They should aim to improve on the calibre of boxers they are fighting, not go backwards..
ranser is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
no, but the fact that they are a climbing the boxing ladder and then all of a sudden take a real backward step in their career and fight a nobody really pissses me off..
They should aim to improve on the calibre of boxers they are fighting, not go backwards..
If your talking about the Seran fight well its more than meets the eye

1. Its not that easy to make quality fights all the time because the lack of pro fighters, money in boxing and general timing and the need to keep active
2. Seran is a great benchmark for aussie level because he is tough and comes to fight.
3. Most important is Zappas team gets to see how Lenny is going based on how he fights Seran and then relating that back to the likes of how Wills, Cool Willie and Egberime went against the same fighter.

Results showed that Zapps got his power in the right place and is ready for the bigger fights when the right time comes along.

However I know what you mean.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
If your talking about the Seran fight well its more than meets the eye

1. Its not that easy to make quality fights all the time because the lack of pro fighters, money in boxing and general timing and the need to keep active
2. Seran is a great benchmark for aussie level because he is tough and comes to fight.
3. Most important is Zappas team gets to see how Lenny is going based on how he fights Seran and then relating that back to the likes of how Wills, Cool Willie and Egberime went against the same fighter.

Results showed that Zapps got his power in the right place and is ready for the bigger fights when the right time comes along.

However I know what you mean.
Nice post.
Ashley Zappa's next fight on FOX in July will be against someone the calibre of Cool Willie & Egberime.
I think his progression at his tender age has been well justified.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Angry Fight Fan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've said it for a while, Zappavinga and Geale are our two best prospects. I marked Zappa as a future champion from his performance at Melbourne 06, he had the style of a pro then with the superb workrate and body shots and as long as he isn't rushed and starts fighting the top guys when he's 23-24 and a bit physically stronger I think he'll be a force for anyone out there. He's already battered Tommy Browne and St Claire, if he fights a few more guys on this level but maybe some overseas fighters he'll gain a bit mroe experience to be able to handle a live contender. Very excited about Lenny's future!
Angry Fight Fan is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Nice post.
Ashley Zappa's next fight on FOX in July will be against someone the calibre of Cool Willie & Egberime.
I think his progression at his tender age has been well justified.
How does Zappa go with his weight?

If he could drop down 1 division and take his power with him it would make him even more potent.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
RayKelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
How does Zappa go with his weight?

If he could drop down 1 division and take his power with him it would make him even more potent.
I've been working with Lenny on his weight and to tell you the truth he made weight for his last fight eating 5 meals per day and just training lightly for the last week. His team are keen to have him fight at Lightweight, an the goal is to have him more powerful at that weight.
RayKelly is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayKelly View Post
I've been working with Lenny on his weight and to tell you the truth he made weight for his last fight eating 5 meals per day and just training lightly for the last week. His team are keen to have him fight at Lightweight, an the goal is to have him more powerful at that weight.
It was at catchweight Ray, and he did weigh 63.90kg. I wouldn't expect him to have to starve himself to make that weight.

He's in good hands with you looking after his weight though. I hear he is going back down to 135, which is a little surprising considering I thought he struggled to make 61kg? He walks around over 70kg from all reports.

Seran was chosen as a softer touch for Lenny. After having some hard preps for Browne and St Clair, they thought to back off a little and give him an easier one. That's why he fought at catchweight.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
RayKelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
It was at catchweight Ray, and he did weigh 63.90kg. I wouldn't expect him to have to starve himself to make that weight.
Yes he was at 70kg but he usually diets pretty hard to make 64. We've put him on a plan that will have him sitting at a weight where he can drop to 61kg with relative ease.
RayKelly is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum