Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Re: How The Hell Was Sept 15 Not Worth It

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
whats wrong with some of you pansy ass ****en so called boxing fans....would you rather pay 50+ bucks to see THE GOLDEN OR PRETTY BOY DANCE AROUND, popular guys with mainstream names that dont give a **** about their fans.....or would you rather pay 40 bucks to see juarez and marquez duke it out until one can't throw anymore......bojado who brings it in every fight...forbes who's a great boxer that actually loves to mix it up....mora vs ouma would've been hella great....robert guerrero who always leaves it all in the ring....

maybe you all need to find another ****en sport man, for reals....there is more complaining in here then there is conversations now....this is turning into a big ****en bitching olympics....
Juarez is ****in boring.

Everything else I agree with tho.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheModel
lets just blindly support the sport, shut the **** up and buy every ridicoulous, holyfield, tua, rahman, rocky juarez PPV.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #18
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
so your saying rocky wouldn't of made him fight ....i think barrera will call you a liar
barrera schooled juarez twice

the first fight imo wasnt even close , neither second

marquez would have ktfo juarez

juarez has never stopped throwing punches

hes not active enough thats why he lost twice to Barrera
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
barrera schooled juarez twice

the first fight imo wasnt even close , neither second

marquez would have ktfo juarez

juarez has never stopped throwing punches

hes not active enough thats why he lost twice to Barrera
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #20
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marquez pulling out with an injury does make you wonder if it was a legit injury or perhaps ticket sales. As for the fight itself I never thought Juarez had much of a shot against Marquez. He's too methodical, plodding, and slow-starting for Marquez. He would have been beaten 9-3 at best.

While the main event wasn't appealing at all for a main event ppv fight, I thought the undercard looked solid. Atleast 2 competitive matches with name recognition involved. I would have probably ordered the ppv as there hasn't been much boxing on lately. I was actually looking foward to Marquez-Barrios much more than Marquez-Juarez, not too mentioin Guerrero-Juarez would have given the card 4 nice fights.

With the Marquez-Barrios/Juarez and Vargas-Mayorga cards being cancelled it kind of gets this great year end stretch of fights off to a bad start. The main matches are still in place so hopefully this trend of cancelled fights/cards doesn't effect the rest of the boxing schedule.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #21
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

vargas mayorga is back on though at later date
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

I followed Rocky alot early in his career, I have probably watched a total of maybe 7 of his fights. But in my opinion he didnt deserve to be headlining a PPV fight, especially considering his dismal performance earlier this year against Jose Hernandez. I scored that fight a draw leaning more towards Hernandez. Juarez had the opportunity of a life time. Especially cosnidering his previous fight before that one, where he schooled by Barrera. He was on the undercard of the biggest fight in years against an opponent that was there for the taking. And what did he due, he showed alomost no effort in that fight, losing most of the early rounds before staging a mid fight semi-comeback, it wasnt enough in my opinion to earn him the win. Over 2.1 million buys, millions of people saw him and were not impressed.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #23
4Rounder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBaseHead
You always support Mexicans, you bet money that Castillo was gonna BEAT Hatton, so that comment about you saying "Juan was gonna give Manny hell" is null and void. You always support your country-man, you MAY think you're a real fan but in reality you are the kind of bais fan who is horrible for forums. You are a classified blind homes, and it's sorry and pathectic that you actually believe that you are a benefit to boxing forums.

You sir are an idiot.
4Rounder is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #24
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i wanted to see Bojado-Forbes, Ouma-Mora and JMM whip Juarez to oblivion
41fever is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #25
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
watched clips of them ???

i've been watching rocky since his first couple of fights....yeah he's a bit slow, but he's explosive....and juan, please....i was telling most fools in here that he was gonna give manny hell.....everybody, i mean everybody just laughed.....

tell me this...aside from punk ***** m'****as being star struck, DO YOU THINK IT WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER THAN OSCAR VS FLOYD
Hell yeah it would.

But im more interested in Novembers lineup either way.
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #26
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBaseHead
You always support Mexicans, you bet money that Castillo was gonna BEAT Hatton, so that comment about you saying "Juan was gonna give Manny hell" is null and void. You always support your country-man, you MAY think you're a real fan but in reality you are the kind of bais fan who is horrible for forums. You are a classified blind homes, and it's sorry and pathectic that you actually believe that you are a benefit to boxing forums.
STFU..
is it wrong to support your countrymen....without that, boxing would have no ****en money involved so shut the **** up...i'm the only one that actually admits that if two of my fav's are fighting, one mexican and one american...i would side with the mexican...SO ****EN WHAT

i love boxing for what it is, and when there is a rivalry, of course i back up mexicans...that dont mean i dont like other fighters...if your gonna state opinions about me, atleast do your homework...my fav active fighters right now are miguel cotto and jermain taylor....

and i'm not here to be a benefit to A BOXING FORUM....if thats what your life revolves around, then so be it...but i'm on here to show my love and support for the sport....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #27
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing
Was looking forward to it. Had a good undercard too, which imo, would have probably turned out better than the main.

Disappointing it had to be called off.
yup was going to order this. And I wanted to see my boy Forbes on the undercard
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #28
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
whats wrong with some of you pansy ass ****en so called boxing fans....would you rather pay 50+ bucks to see THE GOLDEN OR PRETTY BOY DANCE AROUND, popular guys with mainstream names that dont give a **** about their fans.....or would you rather pay 40 bucks to see juarez and marquez duke it out until one can't throw anymore......bojado who brings it in every fight...forbes who's a great boxer that actually loves to mix it up....mora vs ouma would've been hella great....robert guerrero who always leaves it all in the ring....

maybe you all need to find another ****en sport man, for reals....there is more complaining in here then there is conversations now....this is turning into a big ****en bitching olympics....
LOL @ any reference to Juarez throwing a lot of punches.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #29
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
LOL @ any reference to Juarez throwing a lot of punches.
that m'****a brings it...maybe not like mayorga or williams, but he's good.....he's always stalking and he throws nice crisp punches.....maybe what i said was a lil out of line but rocky is not boring.....cause you know, once he lands...iT'S OVAHHHH
freddy-wak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum