draw 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065
Default Re: paulie 'the magic man' malignaggi vs junior 'hitter' witter who wins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
on an interview with Bscene malignaggi said if witter wins this fight is definatly on, who wins?
Malignaggi !
psychopath is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #17
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paulie 'the magic man' malignaggi vs junior 'hitter' witter who wins??

Paulie is probably my favourite non-British fighter but I feel that Witter would stop him. Paulie just doesn't have anywhere near enough power to discourage a top class and experienced operator like Witter walking right through his punches.Witter certainly hits harder than Cotto at 140
David UK is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #18
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

witter ud

the 2 flaws in witters style wont matter vs malignaggi

great fight though
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #19
Sheehan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
underrated toughness.
surely not underrated anymore
Sheehan is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #20
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha
Well we'll see if Paulie can step up and take on the challenge unlike Hatton who has been making excuses for years to avoid Witter while fighting people like Michael Stewart.
I maybe wrong, but wasn't the Michael Stewart (36-2-2 at the time) fight a title eliminator, and at the time Stewart had an ok resume? Hatton was working his way up to a fight with Kostya and this fight made sense????

Hatton after crushing Stewart then had two more fights to avoid Witter again fighting Oliveira and then Kostya becoming the no1 Light Welter in the process. Definite ducking.

Meanwhile 4 years after his loss to Judah, round about the same time as Hatton was peppering Stewart, Witter was still fighting real bums and not doing a whole lot. He did however manage to fight (super inflated overrated) N'dou who was 39 -7 at the time.

I can clearly see the ducking.

Both have worked their way up to the top and I think a fight between the two would be good. However to say Hatton has 'ducked' Witter is laughable.
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
Manjanek
ESB Double Whopper
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik
I don't think so, Witter hasnt the power to knockout Paulie, but i think he will get inside and scores his points there to get the close UD.
Paulie by UD
Witter counters... so paulie's gotta throw to be countered right? Well Paulie has insane accuracy (look at his compubox numbers). Witter likes to let a weak jab in mid to late rounds glance off him and counter. Paulie's jabs are STIFF rounds 1-12. We can thank his broken hands early in his career for that. Also, witter waits for spots to mount his own assault and we have all seen paulie light up 5-10 hit combos and then he's gone- out of effective countering distance.

But weather I am right or wrong as to the outcome, I have a bigger and probably more accurate opinion on this matchup. If this fight comes to fruition, I see it being a snorefest with someone losing a title. Paulie sticking and moving with a counter from witter. That's how i see it playing out. I am praying for witter to take a different opponent and leave paulie to other choice but to do the same.
Manjanek is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum