Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #31
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jeff Fenech vs Manny Pac- Prime 4 Prime, Who Takes It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Your probably right, I didn't watch the Larios v Vas fight, I was just going off the result, so it may well have been. Regardless, Larios is definitely getting on, and Pac considering he is the no.2 p4p fighter in the world should have put on a more dominant performance.
He toyed with Larios.

Simply too quick for Larios mate.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #32
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

it's been fun discussing with you aussies again. no name calling, no cussing, no degrading of mothers. you're cool guys.

peace and until next time
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 01:10 AM   #33
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Larios beat Vasquez before they had a rematch.Larios is a good opponent don't understimate these Mexicans they're tough as nails.And Larios was pumped to fight Pac.Obviously,he had prepared hard out.Even though Larios was moving up in weight Pac doesn't really have the advantage apart from having fought at that weight, Pac is still a blown up SFW. I agree with underdog Pac is at his best now, not because of his power and speed.IMO his power isn't all that devasting but he can still knock you off your feet and he still has the speed.The biggest difference now is he knows the game better, he is starting to use his head a little bit, make adjustments and corrected a few of the mistakes he was making before......he still has alot to prove only time well tell if he is overhyped or not...
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 AM   #34
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
it's been fun discussing with you aussies again. no name calling, no cussing, no degrading of mothers. you're cool guys.

peace and until next time
Cheers mate. Its almost strange after posting on the general isn't it?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #35
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So whats to say that if the big fights stayed at 126 Pac wouldnt have made these improvements at feather??

I reckon its maturity and experience, not weight gain, that have seen him get better.

With the Larios fight, I half expected that result thought I thought it would actually pan out with Larios taking some rounds and getting stopped. Not pac dominating most rounds and getting the decision.
Larios' prep for that fight sounded crazy, he was totally focused and had spent months putting the weight on properly. Im pretty sure he was training in Japan for a while, which means he would have been getting good sparring and would have had great training facilities.
Pac on the other hand appeared to be taking training a little less seriously and was caught up in the hype of the fight at home. I dont think he was 100% fit for that fight, close but I think mentally he was totally focused.
I dont feel that fight impacts on the way I view Pac at 130.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #36
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cheers mate. Its almost strange after posting on the general isn't it?
the difference in night and day. you can't have a discussion out there without the name-calling. that's why i troop here once in a while. it's fun to discuss boxing with people who actually know something about it.

i made a thread about pac's physical peak. most people agreed with you that he wa best suited for 122-126 but then they agreed with me that pac's skills are in their top level today.
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #37
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Yeah MSTR, he did get rocked in that fight by larios.
I goe what you are saying by him being regarded as p4p #2.
Also i know you are a cotto fan and i am too, but dam i hope he shows a good performance against mosley.
I was just thinking how much i wanted mosley to fight floyd, and thought it would be one of floyds toughest fights.
Then i was like damn, cotto took the fight. I can see both guys winning, but with shane at his age cotto can take it.
Its crap being a fan of both

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
With the Larios fight, I half expected that result thought I thought it would actually pan out with Larios taking some rounds and getting stopped. Not pac dominating most rounds and getting the decision.
Larios' prep for that fight sounded crazy, he was totally focused and had spent months putting the weight on properly. Im pretty sure he was training in Japan for a while, which means he would have been getting good sparring and would have had great training facilities.
Pac on the other hand appeared to be taking training a little less seriously and was caught up in the hype of the fight at home. I dont think he was 100% fit for that fight, close but I think mentally he was totally focused.
Yeh i thought pac may stop him.
But afterwards i was like larios trained his ass off like you mentioned and he didnt have to boil down to 122Pds. Larios was in great shape being at a higher weight and all, he fought his heart out, but the fight imo took abit out from larios.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot16
Yeah MSTR, he did get rocked in that fight by larios.
I goe what you are saying by him being regarded as p4p #2.
Also i know you are a cotto fan and i am too, but dam i hope he shows a good performance against mosley.
I was just thinking how much i wanted mosley to fight floyd, and thought it would be one of floyds toughest fights.
Then i was like damn, cotto took the fight. I can see both guys winning, but with shane at his age cotto can take it.
Its crap being a fan of both

Yeh i thought pac may stop him.
But afterwards i was like larios trained his ass off like you mentioned and he didnt have to boil down to 122Pds. Larios was in great shape being at a higher weight and all, he fought his heart out, but the fight imo took abit out from larios.
Cotto is a sensational talent. Having watched his career I have seen him mature as a fighter, and I have no doubt he can and will beat Mosley. IMO, he is the only guy right now who has the skills/style, and also the bargaining power to both fight floyd and beat him. I would love to see Cotto beat Mosley, Floyd beat Hatton, and then both of these guys meet. Can you imagine? 2 undefeated multiple weight world champions coming off arguably (not for Cotto) the biggest wins in their respective careers, to battle it out for the undisputed welterweight championship of the world... It would be almost too good to be true. The winner of the fight would gain a MASSIVE amount of credit, and would certainly put themselves in a great position to be one of the top ATG's.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #39
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Cotto is a sensational talent. Having watched his career I have seen him mature as a fighter, and I have no doubt he can and will beat Mosley. IMO, he is the only guy right now who has the skills/style, and also the bargaining power to both fight floyd and beat him. I would love to see Cotto beat Mosley, Floyd beat Hatton, and then both of these guys meet. Can you imagine? 2 undefeated multiple weight world champions coming off arguably (not for Cotto) the biggest wins in their respective careers, to battle it out for the undisputed welterweight championship of the world... It would be almost too good to be true. The winner of the fight would gain a MASSIVE amount of credit, and would certainly put themselves in a great position to be one of the top ATG's.
Yeah imo i say Floyd is the Champ at 147 since he did the the man who won the belt Baldomir.
But yeh i want cotto to win, but at the same time i dont want shane to get belted cos he is a fav of mine too.
Yeah cotto did use to box more earlier on.
But yeah that would be a good fight with cotto and floyd, but also mosley vs floyd.
The only think is i dont like cotto in with someone who is quick and had power.
But should be a good fight.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #40
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
So whats to say that if the big fights stayed at 126 Pac wouldnt have made these improvements at feather??

I reckon its maturity and experience, not weight gain, that have seen him get better.

True dat, Pac was susceptable to getting (outboxed) if you will. Why? because he was erratic and out of control, Pac is awkward he's all over the place, off balanced, one dimensional..He made so many mistakes.He is more patient, I guess,he wont go hard out left hand trigger happy, reckless as he always was.Pac worked on how to fight on the back foot and also using the right hand more,because really he was a one handed fighter.Although his boxing hasn't improved all that much to be honest he has added a few minor changes here and there and worked on other things to his game.The biggest difference is Pac is under control which he was against MAB.But strangely against Marquez and Morales I guess he was over excited,nah he was exposed bigtime as one dimesional simple as that.....He got a neat boxing lesson but Pac has so much fight and energy it usually pulls him through. He doesn't quit, he'll keep coming the only way to make stop him is if you back him up or hurt him......

PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #41
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
well i hope your right buddy, i dont wanna see Mundine retire before he either wins a real title or gets KTFO
your wish will be JC command after he bitch slaps kessler!!!

Calzaghe KOs kessler 8th
Calzaghe KOs mundine 5th
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #42
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot16
Yeah imo i say Floyd is the Champ at 147 since he did the the man who won the belt Baldomir.
But yeh i want cotto to win, but at the same time i dont want shane to get belted cos he is a fav of mine too.
Yeah cotto did use to box more earlier on.
But yeah that would be a good fight with cotto and floyd, but also mosley vs floyd.
The only think is i dont like cotto in with someone who is quick and had power.
But should be a good fight.
The biggest thing I would worry about with Cotto is fighting someone with Power. I don't think Shane is a power puncher anymore, and I don't think he has been for a while. he can still hit, but not like he used to. Guys like Cintron would be very dangerous for Cotto, as his chin is still slightly susupect.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum