Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #46
Harry Chibber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Vitali fight for haye, who does he fight now

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
with his recklessness and slightly dodgy chin any decent smart contender can beat haye that's why he want's the big payday vs the Klits ASAP

That's the problem with Haye. There is no point matching hm against an average heavyweight because there is too much of a risk he'll lose concentration and get caught with one decent punch. IMO it's only a matter of time until he's put on his erse again... at least with one of the Klitchkos' he wouldn't have lost his rep if he was floored

He had his chance and blew it big time... if I'm being honest I think he bottled it
Harry Chibber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
MickeyBlueEyess
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall2slow2 View Post
Haye needs to fight somebody. Anybody.
I hope he doesn't wait for a shot. That could be years.
On the up side, he has more time to bulk up and feel more comfortable with his new weight.
Well said

He's been out the ring way too long already, needs to fight in September latest against the best possible opponent. Hopefully against fatty.
MickeyBlueEyess is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #48
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyBlueEyess View Post
Well said

He's been out the ring way too long already, needs to fight in September latest against the best possible opponent. Hopefully against fatty.
Arreola is a good fight for Haye.A fight I think he can win.Arreola is not what you'd call elusive.Haye needs to look good after talking like he has been doing.A lacklustre performance will almost be like a loss given the position he has put himself in

Last edited by djoc175; 06-24-2009 at 07:04 PM.
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #49
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vitali is still considering Haye and Arreola. Valouev has to fight Ruiz again, afterall, Don King owns 50% of Valouev and 100% of Ruiz. So, looks like Arreola or Haye.

Klitschkoís _style_ could be impregnable, according to Emanuel Steward, who says, ďFor the first time Iíve ever had a heavyweight that I could always see weaknesses when I would train a guy to beat if I was ever in the other corner. Wladimir is gonna be the one I donít think I could train no man to beat the way he is. Iím serious. Iíve never had a fighter Ė I went from Holyfield and all the guys Iíve worked with, never, Lennox Ė (Wladimir) is a very, very committed, very difficult to beat fighter. Because he wonít let you fight him. He makes you fight what he wants you to fight. But the biggest thing which I think people are not looking at is his speed for a big man. Tremendous speed.Ē
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #50
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Valouev has to fight Ruiz again,
WHAT????? How the **** does Ruiz do it? This is the type of match-up that makes a laughing stock of heavyweight boxing...the premier boxing division my ****ing arse.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if Ruiz beat the Russian statue.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #51
John18
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Whats this about Haye KO'ing Arreola in sparring?

I've never heard that one before.
John18 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #52
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
i think haye should fight James Toney

ditto, would love to see that. Can't see it happening though. In fact, it's hard to see Haye take any fight at HW other than a fight against one of the Klits, even if it means he has to wait......................and wait..................and wait.

He'll use his mouth to get a shot once again. Although I'd like to see a fight against a Klitschko it would be pretty amusing if neither Vitali or Wlad rose to the bait this time and left him no choice but to earn his shot the hard way.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #53
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Haye should fight McCall.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 AM   #54
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Haye should fight McCall.
What possible good would fighting a has been do?
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #55
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I see Haye Knocking Arreola Unconcious in 1 round. Arreola is as slow as a pig in quick sand and is so easy to hit I think Stevie Wonder could land one on his chops. Seriously... Arreola couldn't move out of the way of Travis Walker throwing nothing but slow 1-2's down the middle... Haye would take Arreola the HBO hype job apart in under a minute! Kevin Johnson would be a tougher fight for Haye because he can actually box!
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #56
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chibber View Post
That's the problem with Haye. There is no point matching hm against an average heavyweight because there is too much of a risk he'll lose concentration and get caught with one decent punch. IMO it's only a matter of time until he's put on his erse again... at least with one of the Klitchkos' he wouldn't have lost his rep if he was floored

He had his chance and blew it big time... if I'm being honest I think he bottled it
Please.... name me an average Heavyweight who would be quick enough to actually land a telling blow on Haye... People seem to forget that while Haye has always carried his left hand low even the fater Cruiserweights used to struggle to land so much as a jab on him due to his reflexes... Macaranelli is faster than any body hands wise at Heavy and he couldn't even land his jab so what make you think the likes of Peter or Arreola could land one of there wild swinging hooks that takes a month to arrive?

As for bottled it... do me a favor! Anyone with an ounce of knowledge will tell you why he pulled out.
Setanta refused to pay his money up front (Setanta money was the only money he was getting by the way) and everyone knew they were in millions of pounds of debt and couldn't pay them off and were about to go bust. The only way Haye could then pull out of the fight without being sued by the Klitschkos was to claim injury. Can you blame the guy for not wanting to fight the hardest puncher in the world for free? he does have bills to pay after all! Why do you think he was saying he would be ready to fight again in 3 weeks? anybody in sport or doctor will tell you there is no way 3 weeks is enough time to recover from a back muscle tear... but it's plenty of time to sign a new tv rights contract with Sky though
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #57
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Please.... name me an average Heavyweight who would be quick enough to actually land a telling blow on Haye... People seem to forget that while Haye has always carried his left hand low even the fater Cruiserweights used to struggle to land so much as a jab on him due to his reflexes... Macaranelli is faster than any body hands wise at Heavy and he couldn't even land his jab so what make you think the likes of Peter or Arreola could land one of there wild swinging hooks that takes a month to arrive?

As for bottled it... do me a favor! Anyone with an ounce of knowledge will tell you why he pulled out.
Setanta refused to pay his money up front (Setanta money was the only money he was getting by the way) and everyone knew they were in millions of pounds of debt and couldn't pay them off and were about to go bust. The only way Haye could then pull out of the fight without being sued by the Klitschkos was to claim injury. Can you blame the guy for not wanting to fight the hardest puncher in the world for free? he does have bills to pay after all! Why do you think he was saying he would be ready to fight again in 3 weeks? anybody in sport or doctor will tell you there is no way 3 weeks is enough time to recover from a back muscle tear... but it's plenty of time to sign a new tv rights contract with Sky though
Monte '2Gunz' Barret
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #58
Kid Lucky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post

Correct.

I don't really care who he fights next just so long as he gets the **** on with it. He's been on the telly for 6 months shooting his mouth off but he's beginning to piss me off now.
Kid Lucky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum