Old 06-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dimitry Prog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaames View Post
Jantuah can punch.... He was a big jr middleweight.... middleweight seems to be a good place for him.... He's a strong guy with good punching power and experience.... He's been in with former and current world champions... Even winning against one of them by stoppage.... Also, he is durable... He's gonna make it a tough night for Pirog...
Very one-sided fight it was,jaames! We both were wrong! Pirog showed a very impressive performance winning a wide shutout point decision over Jantuah.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It was a typical Pirog's performance. He is just that good. He is extremely talented yet he lacks one important feature among his skills: he cannot hide on knockout punch in his combos. He is just delivering bombs but they are of the equal power and that's bad. If he is able to erase this minus you can put him in front, say, Sturm the next day.
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #18
Nakz
n00b

Pirog looked really solid yesterday, very good boxing skills. He only didn't show much KO power against Jantuah.
Nakz is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakz View Post
Pirog looked really solid yesterday, very good boxing skills. He only didn't show much KO power against Jantuah.
He didnt show much ko power against Jantuah,eh! Hm!

Jantuah suffered the most brutal beating of his career at the hands of Pirog two days ago.The Russian beat him black and blue,but as we all know Jantuah has an extremely good beard.
AA who is without any doubt the biggest puncher at middle weight wasnt able to stop Jantuah who kept attacking AA throughout their entire encounter despite being the target of AA's murderous shots.
Pirog took him to school and gave him a lesson in boxing.
My guess that most fighters at middle weight wouldnt have gone the full route with Pirog two days ago.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Jantuah suffered the most brutal beating of his career at the hands of Pirog two days ago.The Russian beat him black and blue,but as we all know Jantuah has an extremely good beard.
AA who is without any doubt the biggest puncher at middle weight wasnt able to stop Jantuah who kept attacking AA throughout their entire encounter despite being the target of AA's murderous shots.
Pirog took him to school and gave him a lesson in boxing.
My guess that most fighters at middle weight wouldnt have gone the full route with Pirog two days ago.
AMEN to that.

I feel sorry for my compatriot Asikainen, if he will meet Pirog for the vacant EBU title.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB View Post
AMEN to that.

I feel sorry for my compatriot Asikainen, if he will meet Pirog for the vacant EBU title.
Amin vs Slyvester will be on if AA doesnt move up to supermiddle,vhb!

Asikainen vs Slyvester III. I think that your compatriot has a better chance to beat Slyvester in their third encounter than Pirog.Besides Slyevester is the financially more attractive fight for your compatriot.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #22
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I know. Sylvester III would be THE fight for Amin. Right kind of opponent.

BUT...

I think even Sylvester is too much for Amin today. He has clearly improved his mobility with his new coach Rower. He solidly defeated Lajuan Simon, who is top 15-20 middle IMO. Asikainen will never have a new coach, nor will he improve anymore. All he has is a puncherīs chance.

But hey, world loves the underdogs. And Sylvester has ran into Aminīs left hook in both previous fights. No doubts, this would complete a classic trilogy.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #23
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know. Sylvester III would be THE fight for Amin. Right kind of opponent.

BUT...

I think even Sylvester is too much for Amin today. He has clearly improved his mobility with his new coach Rower. He solidly defeated Lajuan Simon, who is top 15-20 middle IMO. Asikainen will never have a new coach, nor will he improve anymore. All he has is a puncherīs chance.

But hey, world loves the underdogs. And Sylvester has ran into Aminīs left hook in both previous fights. No doubts, this would complete a classic trilogy.
Yep! Amin has a puncher's chance.He has mor pop in his fists than Simon.I enjoyed watching both Amin vs Slyvester I and II.
I also think that Slyvester should be favoured over Amin if their third encounter really comes off.

Slyvester vs Lorenzo for the world title
Neither he nor the Domenican are truly worthy of a world title.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2009, 04:50 AM   #24
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Btw, Pirog was at the Drozd fight. He surely hadn't a single bruise or even spot on his face. Rumors are he will be fighting in Moscow this autumn.
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #25
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStalker View Post
Btw, Pirog was at the Drozd fight. He surely hadn't a single bruise or even spot on his face. Rumors are he will be fighting in Moscow this autumn.
Lucky one,mate! You are moscow based,arent you,stalker!

Any rumours who will be at the receiving end of Pirog's fists in Russia's capital?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #26
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

I have been checking Pirog out now for a while, he has some great attributes.. i am very impressed......

mirageboxing.blogspot.com
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #27
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Good to see he turned out well
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #28
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

I want to see more of this guy.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #29
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Pirog will be EBU champion within a few years. He might already make it as the Mandatory challenger for the winner of Asikainen - Gevor. Anyhow, I think he should get some inter-continental title or similar one, defend it 3-4 times, continue to improve, then challenge for the EBU belt.
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum