Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #541
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
I think McVey's keeping me up now! Don't think i'll be awake much longer, but i'll seriously appreciate the help.
Take this to bed with you and ponder it...

The team with the ball at the time, the offense, gets 4 chances (plays) to advance the ball 10 yards. If they don't, the other team takes over right at that spot, that's if the team with the ball doesn't elect to punt (kick) the ball out of hand a lot farther (50 or so yards down field) ... This is what happens 90% of the time...
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #542
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 20,012
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
I always though they spoke Spanish and the only Portugese spaeaking country is Brazil no? The Spaniards took over, or began to take over Cuba in 1511 and the language has been there ever since. Am i completely mistaken here?

Yeah i know all about the tribunals and execution squads, it's just his ideals that he felt so strong about creating. Che Guevara's (not Castro the native Cuban's) dream was to bring the revolution to the whole of South America and 'liberate' it, so that the poorer continent would not help develop the most developed country in the world which neighbours it.
You are right ,a senior moment overtook me I was thinking of Brazil,apologies
The trouble with all dogmatic ideology is "the end justifies the means".
Lenin said he needed Stalin,but after things were "settled" he would rein him in ,but once you open the tigers cage ,its hard to get him back in it.
If Cuba is so great how come Americans arent risking their life sailing there on little make shift rafts?
Hopefully with Obama's new moves things will ease up,we shall see.
Time for bed said Zebedee
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #543
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
Take this to bed with you and ponder it...

The team with the ball at the time, the offense, gets 4 chances (plays) to advance the ball 10 yards. If they don't, the other team takes over right at that spot, that's if the team with the ball doesn't elect to punt (kick) the ball out of hand a lot farther (50 or so yards down field) ... This is what happens 90% of the time...
No Chinx!!! I meant i want to understand the system that your season etc operates in! And how trophies are won, and which trophies are the most prestigious etc etc.

Sorry my fault.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #544
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
You are right ,a senior moment overtook me I was thinking of Brazil,apologies
The trouble with all dogmatic ideology is "the end justifies the means".
Lenin said he needed Stalin,but after things were "settled" he would rein him in ,but once you open the tigers cage ,its hard to get him back in it.
If Cuba is so great how come Americans arent risking their life sailing there on little make shift rafts?
Hopefully with Obama's new moves things will ease up,we shall see.
Time for bed said Zebedee
One thing I know, the women are beautiful, as are a lot of the Caribbean women, a nice blend...
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #545
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

McVey you asked about books and plays and i responded i want to hear your thoughts on them

Cuba sounds a good place
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #546
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
You are right ,a senior moment overtook me I was thinking of Brazil,apologies
The trouble with all dogmatic ideology is "the end justifies the means".
Lenin said he needed Stalin,but after things were "settled" he would rein him in ,but once you open the tigers cage ,its hard to get him back in it.
If Cuba is so great how come Americans arent risking their life sailing there on little make shift rafts?
Hopefully with Obama's new moves things will ease up,we shall see.
Time for bed said Zebedee
Yeah thanks for the reply McVey. Is it possible though that he collapse of the Soviet Union is the major reason why more and more have tried to leave Cuba's shores since it? And what about the embargo? Surely the American government all these years have persecuted a small island through their bitter hatred towards the one man they couldn't get rid of in Fidel?

The ones that left the country in 1959 would likely have mostly been the 'white' Cubans that had had their wealth taken by the Revolution i'd bet. The ones that would have been living pretty under Batista.

I just think it's all so fukd up that all this kind of stuff has had to take place, the dam planet's full of contempt and nasty shit going on.

I by no means think i'm right, i'm just asking and still learning.

I must go to bed, later everyone.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #547
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
No Chinx!!! I meant i want to understand the system that your season etc operates in! And how trophies are won, and which trophies are the most prestigious etc etc.

Sorry my fault.
Oh, you mean you understand the actual "play"? That makes it a lot easier.

Thirty two teams, two leagues (National and American), eight divisions...

Twelve teams make the playoffs every year, the winner of each division plus four Wild Cards. Then it's single elimination, you lose once you're out. Then, you have the two League Championship games (four teams left), the winners of these two games go to the Super Bowl for the big game...
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #548
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
McVey you asked about books and plays and i responded i want to hear your thoughts on them

Cuba sounds a good place
Sounds
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #549
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I would love to see McVey kill someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Sounds
wtf you meaning

cya later mate if your going to bed

ESB is too addictive
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #550
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
Oh, you mean you understand the actual "play"? That makes it a lot easier.

Thirty two teams, two leagues (National and American), eight divisions...

Twelve teams make the playoffs every year, the winner of each division plus four Wild Cards. Then it's single elimination, you lose once you're out. Then, you have the two League Championship games (four teams left), the winners of these two games go to the Super Bowl for the big game...
Sort of understand, sort of.

Thanks.

Our league is simple as well, twenty teams compete in one national league. Every team plays each other twice, once at home, and once away. After each team has played thirty-eight games, the team with the most points are the champions. You get three points for a win, one for a draw (tie), and zero for a loss.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #551
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
wtf you meaning

cya later mate if your going to bed

ESB is too addictive
Too addictive! Just like what McVey said, it sounds great on paper, but people want to leave there because they are very poor and ambition is dead in a communist country.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #552
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Night fuking nite!
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #553
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Sort of understand, sort of.

Thanks.

Our league is simple as well, twenty teams compete in one national league. Every team plays each other twice, once at home, and once away. After each team has played thirty-eight games, the team with the most points are the champions. You get three points for a win, one for a draw (tie), and zero for a loss.
Yeah, though we've got them divided into two leagues, the teams play each other sometimes, though every team will play each team within its division (four in each), twice in a season. So that mean that six games will be inter-division games, leaving only another ten. (16 regular season games plus four preseason that don't count for anything)... a lot of teams you will not face in a season..

The name of the Super Bowl trophy, btw, The Vince Lombardi trophy, named after the famous coach of the Green Bay Packers in the 60's.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #554
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

In history we do like Socialism and Capitalism so heres my run down

Socialism: Sounds great with everybody equal. Lazy people get it easy and the top guys skim of all the cash.

Capitalism: probably the best but can be unfair on poorer harder workers but in theory sounds great
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #555
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
In history we do like Socialism and Capitalism so heres my run down

Socialism: Sounds great with everybody equal. Lazy people get it easy and the top guys skim of all the cash.

Capitalism: probably the best but can be unfair on poorer harder workers but in theory sounds great
Gorbachev, the ex premier of the USSR, said that maybe a combination of both systems would be best. Over the past eight years in this country we've seen the largest split in the classes. More cash has been siphoned up to the top few % of wealthiest Americans through legal financial coups (think stock manipulation), and government and corporate interests have in a sense become one. When you finance the careers of congressmen and senators you can bet they will pass laws (or not pass laws) that are most beneficial to your interests. "Unbridled Capitalism" in my opinion has been a disaster for this country.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013