Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #601
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
Who was it, Teeto, that said he liked "Unforgiven"? I'm not real big on Westerns, but that's my # 1 of all time. Also, I like most of John Wayne's movies, "The Man who shot Liberty Valance", is a great one. And Mcvey, mentioned a lot of great films, too. "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," definitely, and other Bogart flicks, Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, and I liked the boxing flick, The Harder They Fall... On the Waterfront is probably one of my top picks, It's a Wonderful Life, and of the more recent classics, most things by Scorcese, DeNiro, Pacino, and I like Hoffman too... A couple more obscure ones of these guys'... The King of Comedy, Scarecrow and Midnight Cowboy.

Just wanted to throw my 2 and a half cents into the pot...
Not sure who said that Chinx, but On The Waterfront is an all-timer. And Sweet Pea, so is The Deer Hunter, crazy how the last scene is, and the whole thing is put into perspective, that's how i see it anyway. Like they are all sitting around the table, there's no conversation, then the camera pulls out and that's just in one house, thats' just the devastation in one house, so imagine the bigger picture.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #602
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

The Kill Bill films are some of the best i've ever seen.

What about The Midnight Express everyone?

My fave scene of any film used to be the sitdown in Godfather Part 1, 'i want to say, that i have selfish reasons..... if my son were to be struck by a bolt of lightning.......then i'm going to blame some of the people in this room.....and that i do not forgive'. Brando the man.

By the way Gotti is good, but some dodgy actors that shouldn't be breathing the same air as Anthony Quinn might spoil it.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #603
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,861
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

I feel Basterds will be a let-down....thought Death Proof was below average...........Tarantino may have lost it :(
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #604
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

This Basterds, it's a new Tarantino film about world war 2?
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #605
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,861
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
This Basterds, it's a new Tarantino film about world war 2?
yeah it's cover story on this months Empire there's a review.....ges four stars but they are quentin nuthuggers
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #606
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Talking of films, a bus passed me earlier with an advert for The Taking of Pelham 123 emblazoned on its side. I didn't realise they'd remade this small classic. The photo featured Denzil Washington and a moody looking John Travolta. Judging by his earnest expression, I'm guessing that (the always-excellent) Washington is playing the (equally always-excellent) Walter Matthau part. Please tell me the other goon hasn't been given the opportunity of murdering the Robert Shaw role?
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #607
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
yeah it's cover story on this months Empire there's a review.....ges four stars but they are quentin nuthuggers
Haha, by mentioning the word 'Empire', you just reminded me of Star Wars.

Can the forum please stand still as a sign of respect for a moment.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #608
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh View Post
Talking of films, a bus passed me earlier with an advert for The Taking of Pelham 123 emblazoned on its side. I didn't realise they'd remade this small classic. The photo featured Denzil Washington and a moody looking John Travolta. Judging by his earnest expression, I'm guessing that (the always-excellent) Washington is playing the (equally always-excellent) Walter Matthau part. Please tell me the other goon hasn't been given the opportunity of murdering the Robert Shaw role?
MDWC, i have no idea what you are talking about at all, should i watch this?
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #609
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
MDWC, i have no idea what you are talking about at all, should i watch this?

An old 70s classic has been given a makeover. I nearly puked when I saw John Travolta playing, i'm guessing by his kite on the photo, the Robert Shaw role.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #610
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh View Post
An old 70s classic has been given a makeover. I nearly puked when I saw John Travolta playing, i'm guessing by his kite on the photo, the Robert Shaw role.
Well it sounds like from how devo'd you are. Is it bad enough a sickener to make you not watch it like?!
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #611
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh View Post
An old 70s classic has been given a makeover. I nearly puked when I saw John Travolta playing, i'm guessing by his kite on the photo, the Robert Shaw role.
Shaw was the villian? I'm not a big Travolta fan either, but he does a pretty good villain. He and guys like Tom Hanks and Jimmy Stewart seem(ed) like such nice guys, I think they do better as bad guys in movie roles...
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #612
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Well it sounds like from how devo'd you are. Is it bad enough a sickener to make you not watch it like?!

Well, American Cinema fell halfway down the toilet quite a while a go for me and I don't like remakes anyway- and think John Travolta is super-crap, especially trying to fill the awesome Robert Shaw's hobnailed boots. Washington won't likely be as good in the role of the cop either, as he lacks Matthau's brilliant dry humour. And the orginal has such a perfect, funny ending, which will probably be spoilt by a stupid shoot-out atop of an old building.



* That's if I have the roles correct.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #613
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
Shaw was the villian? I'm not a big Travolta fan either, but he does a pretty good villain. He and guys like Tom Hanks and Jimmy Stewart seem(ed) like such nice guys, I think they do better as bad guys in movie roles...

Hardly any actor can do 'villain' like Robert Shaw.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #614
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh View Post
Well, American Cinema fell halfway down the toilet quite a while a go for me and I don't like remakes anyway- and think John Travolta is super-crap, especially trying to fill the awesome Robert Shaw's hobnailed boots. Washington won't likely be as good in the role of the cop either, as he lacks Matthau's brilliant dry humour. And the orginal has such a perfect, funny ending, which will probably be spoilt by a stupid shoot-out atop of an old building.



* That's if I have the roles correct.
Tell you what then, i'll sack the new one and watch the old one if i can!
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #615
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,861
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

watch the original. the new one is supposed to be pants
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013