Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #61
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm bringing up Witter vs Hatton again....

So start a Witter-Alexander thread, not ANOTHER Witter-Hatton one......;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #62
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ben' View Post
Mosley is the 'super' WBA champion and the other guy is the regular WBA champion?.... who nobody has heard of either?

Witter is fighting for the light welter WBC title.... the biggest fight he can get at the moment.

I just don't think it's right to be talking about a fight with a guy nobody has heard of (I can't even remember his name) when in the next two or three weeks his domestic rivals are fighting for world titles. If this is his last fight then have he should surley fight one with meaning that his fans want to see (keeping in mind many don't care that much about him fighting Witter and/or would rather see him fight Khan.... if at all, but a fight with Witter makes more sense to me than who he's (speculating) talking about.
Hatton left domestic level behind a long time ago dude. Domestic level matters when you're at the level of John Murray, Thaxton, somebody like that. Not when you're competing at top level. I doubt there's anything in these stories, it is one of those "back page of the sun on a slow news day" jobs with no quotes, not even the old "source close to the fighter" classic.

However, it does perfectly illustrate the hypocritical attitudes of some on here. Hatton comes back from defeat against a top ten opponent and people moan about him apparently "ripping off the fans". Witter comes back against an absolute stiff and there's no mention of it. Witter is about to fight an unknown for a paper title and the only posts are mostly wishing him good luck. One rumour that Hatton may be doing the same and the knives come out again. I can only think it's due to resentment/jealousy over Hatton's popularity and the money he makes.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #63
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Anyone think this fight will actually happen? I doubt either one would like to lose to their biggest rival especially after some of the talk they did. Both out of their prime (especially ricky by the looks of it).

I think we are as far away from this fight than ever.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #64
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
All boxers do that and as a boxing fan if you get the opportunity to have a photo taken with a boxer you also have to clench your fist. It's an unwritten rule .
Its funny cause its true!
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #65
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by "TKO" View Post
Hatton left domestic level behind a long time ago dude. Domestic level matters when you're at the level of John Murray, Thaxton, somebody like that. Not when you're competing at top level. I doubt there's anything in these stories, it is one of those "back page of the sun on a slow news day" jobs with no quotes, not even the old "source close to the fighter" classic.

However, it does perfectly illustrate the hypocritical attitudes of some on here. Hatton comes back from defeat against a top ten opponent and people moan about him apparently "ripping off the fans". Witter comes back against an absolute stiff and there's no mention of it. Witter is about to fight an unknown for a paper title and the only posts are mostly wishing him good luck. One rumour that Hatton may be doing the same and the knives come out again. I can only think it's due to resentment/jealousy over Hatton's popularity and the money he makes.

How are Witter and Khan domestic level fighters when they're both fighting for world titles? Nothing wrong with a comeback fight either.... which isn't my point.

Probably right about the newspaper article though. I just thought I'd give it a mention.
'Ben' is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum