Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #811
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Johnson is no way worth 18 mill

you could have bought Nacho Novo for that and got a better player
Greg, it's a thing now where you have to pay big money for decent players. No-one batted an eyelid when other big clubs spent over the odds so i just don't even want to hear it. And he might turn out a good buy. Mark my words!
teeto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #812
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Well, I hope you're right...he didn't impress me too much at Pompey, and he didn't really feature much for Chelsea. But maybe Rafa can get the best out of him.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #813
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
Well, I hope you're right...he didn't impress me too much at Pompey, and he didn't really feature much for Chelsea. But maybe Rafa can get the best out of him.
The only thing i was worried about was that he was a bit of a Chelsea flop, but Mourinho favoured Ferrera didn't he i think? But last season he was accepted as the best right back in the country, though to be honest i didn't see him play that much. There's always that thing where a player can just have the one outstanding season. But i also like his attitude, from what i've been reading, one thing about Benitez in my opinion is that he is good at improving (or working on) a player's mentality.

Look at me, you can tell the season's starting, I'm going on about Benitez like he's a family member! Are you from round our way FOF?
teeto is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #814
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post

Are you from round our way FOF?
Nah, afraid not Teeto. I'm from South Africa - a long way from Anfield.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 AM   #815
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Really, i never knew. You know your football though i can tell. And your boxing.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #816
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Ta mate. Likewise.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #817
EireFightFan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1575

Quote:
Irish guys genearlly are nice, they hate the english though. They speak to everyone though so nice guys just stupid
Stupid? Please clarify...
EireFightFan is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #818
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Greg, it's a thing now where you have to pay big money for decent players. No-one batted an eyelid when other big clubs spent over the odds so i just don't even want to hear it. And he might turn out a good buy. Mark my words!
The clubs that spent alot did buy the best [layers in the world. I just htink Johnson is over priced Danny Alves was 20 odd million and he is twice the right back Johnson is.

Quote:
The only thing i was worried about was that he was a bit of a Chelsea flop, but Mourinho favoured Ferrera didn't he i think? But last season he was accepted as the best right back in the country, though to be honest i didn't see him play that much. There's always that thing where a player can just have the one outstanding season. But i also like his attitude, from what i've been reading, one thing about Benitez in my opinion is that he is good at improving (or working on) a player's mentality.

Look at me, you can tell the season's starting, I'm going on about Benitez like he's a family member! Are you from round our way FOF?
he scored an amazing goal last season

Quote:
you going to the world cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireFightFan View Post
Stupid? Please clarify...
just a joke
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #819
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Greg, if you really want to get into this thing about Johnson's pricetag i will. This summer prices have been overblown immensely for just about almost all players, that's what clubs have had to do to compete, we had to do it to get our man competing with Chelsea to get the bid accepted. Alves this summer would go for a lot more than than what he did when he was bought (i think the summer before).

And i never even commented on that, my comment was about other members of the so called big clubs spending well over the odds at a time when players were generally bought for less, and noone batted an eyelid. So i don't wanna hear any bull about us doing it this time, unless you wanna blast every other cunt that's done it before us.

I know neutrals, Arsenal fans and the like who have said there's no problem with the pricetag because that's simply the crazy nature of the market how it has became now.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #820
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Greg, if you really want to get into this thing about Johnson's pricetag i will. This summer prices have been overblown immensely for just about almost all players, that's what clubs have had to do to compete, we had to do it to get our man competing with Chelsea to get the bid accepted. Alves this summer would go for a lot more than than what he did when he was bought (i think the summer before).

And i never even commented on that, my comment was about other members of the so called big clubs spending well over the odds at a time when players were generally bought for less, and noone batted an eyelid. So i don't wanna hear any bull about us doing it this time, unless you wanna blast every other cunt that's done it before us.

I know neutrals, Arsenal fans and the like who have said there's no problem with the pricetag because that's simply the crazy nature of the market how it has became now.
it has been over inflated but Johnson was too much in any situation should have waited
Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #821
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
it has been over inflated but Johnson was too much in any situation should have waited
Well with the English players being overblown in price because of the new ruling, clubs are naturally going to squeeze other clubs for more cash when they know they have them where they want them. Also, Portsmouth owed us something like 7 mil, Rafa wasn't arsed about 'paying' 18 because it's actually just about 10 and that's the only way he would have got his owed money without drama and a pain in the ass he doesn't need when he's trying to prepare his team for a title challenge.

The man was rated as the best right back across the board last season.

I personally think Bacary Sagna might be the best, even though he didn't have a good season last term, he was still better than Clichy though.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #822
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well with the English players being overblown in price because of the new ruling, clubs are naturally going to squeeze other clubs for more cash when they know they have them where they want them. Also, Portsmouth owed us something like 7 mil, Rafa wasn't arsed about 'paying' 18 because it's actually just about 10 and that's the only way he would have got his owed money without drama and a pain in the ass he doesn't need when he's trying to prepare his team for a title challenge.

The man was rated as the best right back across the board last season.

I personally think Bacary Sagna might be the best, even though he didn't have a good season last term, he was still better than Clichy though.
10 mill is more acceptable really. thats about right. The football market is going to collapse the money is crazy.

Johnson maybe was the best right back but there arnt many great full backs in the premiership.

Dont get me started on Sagna and Clichy my mates a huge Gooner and we always argue about them
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #823
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
10 mill is more acceptable really. thats about right. The football market is going to collapse the money is crazy.

Johnson maybe was the best right back but there arnt many great full backs in the premiership.

Dont get me started on Sagna and Clichy my mates a huge Gooner and we always argue about them
Well i like Sagna personally as a quality fullback, Clichy is as well, and a top quality footballer, but i think Sagna is a better defender and i think people forget about defense these days when it comes to fullbacks. The young lad Insua is good in defense at left back now for us.

Who do you like better out of Arsenal's opposite fullbacks then? It's close like, no wrong answer really.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #824
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well i like Sagna personally as a quality fullback, Clichy is as well, and a top quality footballer, but i think Sagna is a better defender and i think people forget about defense these days when it comes to fullbacks. The young lad Insua is good in defense at left back now for us.

Who do you like better out of Arsenal's opposite fullbacks then? It's close like, no wrong answer really.

i dont know there both about even. But defending is important so probably Sagna but i havent seen alot of Arsenal

Evra is a full back i really like, and i loved roberto carlos and Cafu for brazil
Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #825
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Everyone who has posted in this thread is a fag. Not me though.
McGrain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum