Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #76
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Williams would be a headline attraction for beating the CHAMP..oh the fight was on showtime....my bad.
This really has nothing to do with anything you know. Now you;re just being pissy. Fighters do not become headliners or draws because of one win. Look at Sugar Shane. He beat the most popular fighter in the world in exciting fashion, and it did nothing. Does that mean it was a waste?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #77
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
This really has nothing to do with anything you know. Now you;re just being pissy. Fighters do not become headliners or draws because of one win. Look at Sugar Shane. He beat the most popular fighter in the world in exciting fashion, and it did nothing.
Well it did make him the p4p best fighter. And Shane was household for a while but lost his next real big fight to Forrest.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #78
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Well it did make him the p4p best fighter. And Shane was household for a while but lost his next real big fight to Forrest.
Shane was never a household name. Maybe to people who are diehards already and already heard of him.

Look at it this way. Why did DLH and Shane fight anyway? What good would it have had for DLH had he won? Would it have been a meaningful win? Beating a guy who came up from 135 and hadn't defeated anyone worth mentioning @ 147 before that?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #79
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Look at it this way. Why did DLH and Shane fight anyway? What good would it have had for DLH had he won? Would it have been a meaningful win? Beating a guy who came up from 135 and hadn't defeated anyone worth mentioning @ 147 before that?
did duran beat anyone meaningful before he fought leonard at 147..logic is definitely not your strong point
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #80
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
did duran beat anyone meaningful before he fought leonard at 147..logic is definitely not your strong point
And who did Sal Sanchez beat to make him one of the best 130er ever? Answer that if you're not a CHICKEN!!
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #81
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Shane was never a household name. Maybe to people who are diehards already and already heard of him.

Look at it this way. Why did DLH and Shane fight anyway? What good would it have had for DLH had he won? Would it have been a meaningful win? Beating a guy who came up from 135 and hadn't defeated anyone worth mentioning @ 147 before that?
Shane was household after ODH..At least in my area I had to go at it verbally with the SHANIANS. Shane had a hardcore fan base. I never was a fan, I remember battling endlessly in the barbershop that Shane was not this phenom that was unbeatable. You are understating that time period. He was the man at the time. You didnt have to follow boxing to know who he was at all. He fell from grace after the Forrest beating.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #82
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

I mean to take a poll. You can put a thread of who was more household Shane pre ODH or Shane post ODH. Or even better with the argument at hand. PW before Margarito or PW after Margarito. I'd say Shanes popularity increased 3-4 fold. While Williams is a king without a country still.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #83
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
And who did Sal Sanchez beat to make him one of the best 130er ever? Answer that if you're not a CHICKEN!!


stick to the topic
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #84
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottoFan89
I think Williams would beat Mayweather. The guy throws non-stop punches and is a lenthy southpaw.
me too, so the fight will never happen
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #85
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,184
vCash: 75
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
PBF could have fought a real welterweight in Williams or even Mosely/Cotto. Instead he's done what he's always done and avoided the best competition possible instead to fight a light-welterweight who was clearly out of his depth when he moved up to 147!

Williams said he offered the fight to Fraud but Fraud turned it done, running scared as usual, like he does in most of his matches.

PBF's best wins are against a shot Gatti and a shot DLH.

Who's he gonna fight next, Ivan Calderon ?
Hatton is the best fight for PBF at this point and I, despte not a big fan of PBF, give it to him for fighting Hatton.

Williams is almost a nobody. He need to beat 2 or 3 named opponents before he can be given a shot at PBF.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #86
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41fever
That's true, but Hatton has to come up to 147, a weight he doesn't perform well, he and his father admitted.
Apparently what`s going to happen is that Hatton won`t quite tip the scales at 147,he`ll weigh slightly less to help keep his speed and manourvrability
Loggo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #87
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Home of the World Champs
Posts: 1,490
vCash: 1646
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Williams is the weakest of the guys PBF could face. I would even pick PBF t o stop him.

You dont think a linky southpaw who throws constantly wont give Floyd trouble? Floyd will have to be more active than he has been lately against a guy like Williams.
lillarry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013