Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #16
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
terrific fello according to those who meet him, monster according to the rednecks who havent meet him. I cant make up my mind. Though MSTR you've got to be kidging comparing Mundine to Judah whov is a cheat and probably been convicted of crimes and Mayweather who is a good bloke these days back at his "best" was convicted of beating his wife.
His career is over, but he still can be proud of what he has done.
Yes, he can be very proud of what he did, let me sum up the highlights:
-Was one of the few who had the honour of getting KOed by Ottke.

-Said more or less that the people who died 9/11 deserved it.

-Won two WBA regular (paper) titles.

-Defeated some native fighters and some Argentinian cabdrivers.

-Won his last fight in a glorious performance over the feared Nievas even knocking him down on the way to a UD.

WOW, I think Mundine will go down as an ATG.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #17
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
terrific fello according to those who meet him, monster according to the rednecks who havent meet him. I cant make up my mind. Though MSTR you've got to be kidging comparing Mundine to Judah whov is a cheat and probably been convicted of crimes and Mayweather who is a good bloke these days back at his "best" was convicted of beating his wife.
His career is over, but he still can be proud of what he has done.
I was comparing the fact that fans like them as fighters but don't like them as people. WHich in regards to all of those guys is true for the most part. I personally don't think Choc is as bad as those guys yet, which is what I said in my post. Mayweather is not a good guy and neither is Judah. They try to play nice for the media, but they are just grown men trying to be wannabe thugs.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #18
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

nice post boxfan.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
nice post boxfan.
Oh, I try my best.

To be honest, I despise Mundine for what he said about 9/11. It is simply unforgivable to say innocent civilians deserve to get killed. But I do rate him high as a boxer, I have him as no. 3 or 4 in SMW. I know that is not high in the eyes of some of his most dedicated fan-atics, who believe he can beat literally everybody based on his fights against Green and Soliman.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

at this forum, these days.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #21
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
Oh, I try my best.

To be honest, I despise Mundine for what he said about 9/11. It is simply unforgivable to say innocent civilians deserve to get killed. But I do rate him high as a boxer, I have him as no. 3 or 4 in SMW. I know that is not high in the eyes of some of his most dedicated fan-atics, who believe he can beat literally everybody based on his fights against Green and Soliman.
Did he say innocent civilians deserved to be killed
teke is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #22
jahobe
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Did he say innocent civilians deserved to be killed

he did not say that, as you know mundine talks alot of crap and often can not get his point across he is always stumbling over words and saying shit that is just stupid but he realised it later and he did apoligise, he was trying to say america should not be suprised that they have enemies and there is people in the world that hate them for there past actions, which he still should not have said, there is no way u can justify what those scum did on 9/11 but it's a fact that america's military actions after 9/11 have cost so many more innocent peoples lives than did on 9/11 but for some reason that is not as bad. It does not help that George W Bush must be the most retarted president the USA has ever had, he can not even string a sentence together without making a mistake and this guy is controlling the american military, thats ****in scary.

what the **** are we talking bout..
hope he fights again
jahobe is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #23
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

teke, jahobe. It is pointless talking about that to these guys. Think about how dopey someone would need to be to interprete Mundine that way (why would anyone say the individual victims brought it on themselves - what the?)

As for what mundine did say, which has been solidly supported by many people including myself. It makes sense.

So truely, if someone cannot work that out for themselves, they are either slighly retarted or redneck or both.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #24
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
teke, jahobe. It is pointless talking about that to these guys. Think about how dopey someone would need to be to interprete Mundine that way (why would anyone say the individual victims brought it on themselves - what the?)

As for what mundine did say, which has been solidly supported by many people including myself. It makes sense.

So truely, if someone cannot work that out for themselves, they are either slighly retarted or redneck or both.
yes mate but his timing was atrocious.right after it happened.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I thought Mundine said the USA had it comming for the war they have OS.

Its fair to say that if a country attacks another country or 5 they may have it comming at some stage.

At no stage did I hear Mundine say people in general deserved it.

That MTV guy had no place to ask a boxer that question anyway.

All Mundine needs to do is look at the top 15 in the WBA and fight one next.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #26
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bort there is no bad time to speak the truth. The only mistake mundine made was apologising (though as I never heard it I arent sure it happened). There was a lot of good will for America at the time based on sympathy and if you look at the way the US government exploited that good will and ruined it, I am left thinking there should have been a lot more people just coming out with the truth the way Mundine did.
Dont worry Mundine has said some stupid stuff over the years but that in my view was'nt one of them.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #27
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Bort there is no bad time to speak the truth. The only mistake mundine made was apologising (though as I never heard it I arent sure it happened). There was a lot of good will for America at the time based on sympathy and if you look at the way the US government exploited that good will and ruined it, I am left thinking there should have been a lot more people just coming out with the truth the way Mundine did.
Dont worry Mundine has said some stupid stuff over the years but that in my view was'nt one of them.
we will have to agree to disagree.it would be like say after a car crash where say 4 young people died the next day saying'they were speeding they bought it on themselves'. though there may be some truth to the statement its a silly thing to say when peoples emotions are still raw.as for him apologisingfrom memory they were threatening to strip him of his ranking so he swallowed his pride and apologised i think more for career purposes than anything else.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #28
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bort when speed is to blame the police always say so. People were asking why at the time, some where looking to lay blame, Mundine wasnt the only one who said they brought it on themselves for their foreign policy. In fact I beleive people have been saying they are inviting trouble for many years. He could have worded it better without bought, but the timing was fine.
EelsRule is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum