Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Oisin Fagan

What is this guy's deal?

He just lost a boxing match today (which he seems to have a real knack for).

I remember he was pegged as a really quality opponent for Khan coming off the Prescott loss. People familiar with him seemed to intimate that he was no soft touch. Was it really a good win, in that Fagan is a guy whose record belies the fact that he can beat top guys on a good night, or is it merely the fact that Khan is one of only two people to stop him?

Upon a quick glance, he's literally only beaten three men with winning records. Is beating him really an accomplishment? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, as there may be something to him that one have to actually see for oneself. Skeptical though.

Couldn't find any video other than the Khan fight, even though he's been in with somewhat known quantities in Kimbrough and Spadafora.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Oisin Fagan

His reputation seems to live off of that Spadafora fight.

I think the only reason he's given great credence is because people thought he might be a threat due to Khan's vulnerability coming off that loss. He's a pretty mundane domestic operator in my opinion, except he's been fighting in America.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
What is this guy's deal?

He just lost a boxing match today (which he seems to have a real knack for).

I remember he was pegged as a really quality opponent for Khan coming off the Prescott loss. People familiar with him seemed to intimate that he was no soft touch. Was it really a good win, in that Fagan is a guy whose record belies the fact that he can beat top guys on a good night, or is it merely the fact that Khan is one of only two people to stop him?

Upon a quick glance, he's literally only beaten three men with winning records. Is beating him really an accomplishment? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, as there may be something to him that one have to actually see for oneself. Skeptical though.

Couldn't find any video other than the Khan fight, even though he's been in with somewhat known quantities in Kimbrough and Spadafora.
I posted the spaddy fight on youtube!

Man that fight tonight was unreal it was ****ing fantastic i have to say.

sky didnt want to tell people he broke his leg either.....

but yeah he would have been durable if he didnt break his leg

could he had knocked khan out......... well we have to remember that at that point Khans chin was seriously questionable (and still is even though hes temendously improved his defence since)

Oisin is just a hard as nails bastard its really as simple as that

Ive got a soft spot for the boy and really felt for him tonight
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
jared brasher

vCash: 1000

He's a WARRIOR in every sense of the word. You gotta think he must be one of the toughest SOB's in boxing. To have 2 amateur fights and go straight into the pros for financial reasons. Then splits with Spaddy, Kimbrough and gave Chavez Jr the fight of his life. Then, breaking his leg VS Khan, and the crazy b*stard gets up to fight on and is only stopped becasue the ref sees him falling down without being punched. Then lastnight, I wasn't there, but apparently he was in "One of the greaest Irish fights of all time", according to some press I read. I was at the Kimbrough fight and he battered that kid senseless from round 5-12 and I can't believe he didnt get that decision. I think he'd be the first to tell you hes not very skilful. BUT, A bigger Irish heart you'll never find imo.
jared brasher is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
butler08
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was at the fight last night and i have to give alot of praise to eddie hyland for his win as it was a totally 2 sided fight that could have gone either way and both men looked capeable of stopping the other at several points in the fight but both men deserve creidt for fighting through the pain and forcing each other to go the distance. And personally i thought the scores were much closer then the judges had it in fact i think that a case could be made for fagan winning the fight
butler08 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

fagan tough bastard but not a very skilled boxer , he will be the first to say this himself , will nearly always give you value for money and a seems like a real nice bloke , hopefully he can be involved in a few more domestic tear ups , against the likes of andy murray and a rematch with eddie hyland
moorser is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
butler08
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
against the likes of andy murray and a rematch with eddie hyland
Yeah those would be to great match ups for the fans
butler08 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
JohnOB
Dr. Dornálaíocht

Oisín is a decent boxer, but has got by alot on his guts. He's a determined guy, and never wants to quit. He was a teacher over in the states and wasn't even training full-time in boxing. He seems to have tried to re-start his career, but doing it against Khan wasn't a good idea. I think he's just had very bad luck as a boxer. Very nice guy though!
JohnOB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum