Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-18-2009, 02:24 AM   #16
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Moon-Galaxy Rivalry

I'll add that Khaokor had a better chin than Khaosai.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #17
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I'll add that Khaokor had a better chin than Khaosai.
Khaosai did have good powers of recovery though. Well, from what I've seen his tremendous power either made his opponents wary of attempting to finish him or bailed him out.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #18
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I think Mantequilla would be able to add a lot to this, he's big on both guys as far as I remember.

Just intrigued to see if anyone knows why Moon got so battered in the second fight? As I say, it was still competitive but he seemed to have lost a lot of the strength he had in the first fight for portions of the rematch. Again, Khaokor was very strong in his own right.

I agree with you Pea on the muay thai guard, a bit strange just pawing both hands out in front of you. But he had very good reflexes and slipping too.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 02:34 AM   #19
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Khaosai was freakishly strong and muscular for the weight.

At a Catchweight in between Super-Fly and Bantam I'd say Khaokor. He had a very good chin and enough variety to stop his brother IMO.

How do you rate his performance in the 2nd Moon fight? as one-sided as I said? Just intrigued to see others' opinions as I know how highly regarded Moon is on here and was surprised this performance hasn't received more acclaim.

Maybe it's just me
In the first fight, Khaokor was just too damn conservative in the early rounds, which is why he lost the technical decision. In the rematch, he opened up with his hands early on, and the power in his body punches clearly had Moon uncomfortable, which is why he won damn near every round.

To be fair, Moon was still a young'n at this point, though I'd still say Khaokor always had a pretty good style to beat him. While he may have looked lazy, his guard was actually very effective and often took the sting out of Moon's punches, if not outright blocked them. And his body punching and power would've always given him trouble. He proved that he could take Moon's punches as well, which ultimately gives him the advantage whenever they fight. Khaokor was very durable.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
In the first fight, Khaokor was just too damn conservative in the early rounds, which is why he lost the technical decision. In the rematch, he opened up with his hands early on, and the power in his body punches clearly had Moon uncomfortable, which is why he won damn near every round.

To be fair, Moon was still a young'n at this point, though I'd still say Khaokor always had a pretty good style to beat him. While he may have looked lazy, his guard was actually very effective and often took the sting out of Moon's punches, if not outright blocked them. And his body punching and power would've always given him trouble. He proved that he could take Moon's punches as well, which ultimately gives him the advantage whenever they fight. Khaokor was very durable.
my thoughts exactly.

To be honest I was so surprised anyone could dominate Moon so comprehensively. Especially when you consider Moon would go on to force Konadu to quit.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #21
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I'm finding it hard to say, as has been mentioned, Khaokor is clearly more versatile in terms of his fighting style, actually he could be described as quite a clever ring general at times. Facing off with his sibling though, all of that might be academic, as much as he is knocked on this board, Khaosai could keep a man in a corner all day. I think the fight might turn out every bit as good as the first Moon fight i just saw, but i'd likely lean towards Galaxy to edge it.

Haha, Khaosai that would be.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
I'm finding it hard to say, as has been mentioned, Khaokor is clearly more versatile in terms of his fighting style, actually he could be described as quite a clever ring general at times. Facing off with his sibling though, all of that might be academic, as much as he is knocked on this board, Khaosai could keep a man in a corner all day. I think the fight might turn out every bit as good as the first Moon fight i just saw, but i'd likely lean towards Galaxy to edge it.

Haha, Khaosai that would be.
First bold; agreed.

2nd bold; Khaokor very good at turning his opponent.

Think it would be close. I think Khaosai is often unfairly slated due to that infamous Ring Mag list I just feel Khaokor is more varied.

At say a 116.5 catchweight?

Glad you enjoyed the fights mate
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Now personally I can't see Khaokor beating the 'holy trinity'; Olivares, Zarate or Jofre.

Which fighters do you guys think he could beat? I think he'd tame and possibly stop Rafa Marquez. Is that 'his level'?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #24
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nothing to add here yet, just thanks, because this is a really good, informative post. I have an ever growing list of fights to watch and it seems like less time to watch them. I'm currently watching the 2 Jofre-Harada fights (a couple rounds at a time). I'll bump Moon-Galaxy up to the top of the queue. It'll be cool to see how they compare to the greats.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
Nothing to add here yet, just thanks, because this is a really good, informative post. I have an ever growing list of fights to watch and it seems like less time to watch them. I'm currently watching the 2 Jofre-Harada fights (a couple rounds at a time). I'll bump Moon-Galaxy up to the top of the queue. It'll be cool to see how they compare to the greats.
Thanks

My next 'analysis' (more observations I guess) is of Harada-Jofre 1. Hope you enjoy that too, when I get round to it
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
Quick Cash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, I've always had an issue with that one. It didn't seem to me like a super tight match. I'm of course pertaining to Jofre-Harada. I've always thought that the Japanese fighter won by being aggressive and outworking Eder. I'm looking forward to that discussion.
Quick Cash is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Cash View Post
Yeah, I've always had an issue with that one. It didn't seem to me like a super tight match. I'm of course pertaining to Jofre-Harada. I've always thought that the Japanese fighter won by being aggressive and outworking Eder. I'm looking forward to that discussion.
well he did. That was the result. I'm gonna try and figure out 'Why'?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #28
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
First bold; agreed.

2nd bold; Khaokor very good at turning his opponent.

Think it would be close. I think Khaosai is often unfairly slated due to that infamous Ring Mag list I just feel Khaokor is more varied.

At say a 116.5 catchweight?

Glad you enjoyed the fights mate
Oh i agree that Khaokor is definitely more varied, and what you said about him turning his man very well, i think that might fall into the category of his being a very nice ring general, that we both agreed on. It's a tough one to call, even with the size advantage imo, but a bit of extra workrate early on might edge a decision for Khaosai, who knows? Maybe Khaokor would just be better, etter opposition he has fared well against.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Oh i agree that Khaokor is definitely more varied, and what you said about him turning his man very well, i think that might fall into the category of his being a very nice ring general, that we both agreed on. It's a tough one to call, even with the size advantage imo, but a bit of extra workrate early on might edge a decision for Khaosai, who knows? Maybe Khaokor would just be better, etter opposition he has fared well against.
At the same time Khaosai is solid. Khaosai is the harder puncher; he has very heavy hands and seemed an awesome finisher from what I've seen (which is a lot but against middling-to-fair opposition)

To me Khaosai is like Khaokor in destroy mode but with more power. same planting of the feet, subtle movements cutting off the ring, a plodding movement with the awkward Muay Thai guard and well-timed/delivered shots.

Two things; I don't think the size is such an issue. They're twins! Khaosai is also just about the most beastly looking super-fly I have ever seen. I just think that whilst the Bantam Brother could slip in and out of 'seek and destroy mode', I haven't seen much evidence that Khaosai can do much else apart from destroy, although of course he did that very, very well. There is no doubt in my mind that is entirely feasible that Khaosai could knock out 118lb men; Men with the chin of his Brother? Yeah, I reckon so. One thing Khaosai is NOT overrated in is his sheer power, which even against average opposition was evident.

I have just realised that I have been my 'subjects' name wrong for the entire thread; It's Kaokor, not kHaokor as I am been spelling it

Again, thanks to everyone for their contributions, how do you guys see Kaokor measuring up against other 'ATG's'?

A fight I'm thinking about at the moment is Kaokor vs Jeff Chandler.

Also, re: his final match. He was sparked in the 1st round but I'm reliably informed this seemed very, very dodgy indeed (Kaokor's proven chin being an obvious indication) with a supposed 'delayed reaction'. Has anyone seen it and if so, doe it look odd?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #30
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
At the same time Khaosai is solid. Khaosai is the harder puncher; he has very heavy hands and seemed an awesome finisher from what I've seen (which is a lot but against middling-to-fair opposition)

To me Khaosai is like Khaokor in destroy mode but with more power. same planting of the feet, subtle movements cutting off the ring, a plodding movement with the awkward Muay Thai guard and well-timed/delivered shots.

Two things; I don't think the size is such an issue. They're twins! Khaosai is also just about the most beastly looking super-fly I have ever seen. I just think that whilst the Bantam Brother could slip in and out of 'seek and destroy mode', I haven't seen much evidence that Khaosai can do much else apart from destroy, although of course he did that very, very well. There is no doubt in my mind that is entirely feasible that Khaosai could knock out 118lb men; Men with the chin of his Brother? Yeah, I reckon so. One thing Khaosai is NOT overrated in is his sheer power, which even against average opposition was evident.

I have just realised that I have been my 'subjects' name wrong for the entire thread; It's Kaokor, not kHaokor as I am been spelling it

Again, thanks to everyone for their contributions, how do you guys see Kaokor measuring up against other 'ATG's'?

A fight I'm thinking about at the moment is Kaokor vs Jeff Chandler.

Also, re: his final match. He was sparked in the 1st round but I'm reliably informed this seemed very, very dodgy indeed (Kaokor's proven chin being an obvious indication) with a supposed 'delayed reaction'. Has anyone seen it and if so, doe it look odd?
Good post, i'm intrigued and interested by that ko loss now as well. I agree with your post, it's clear who the more versatile warrior was, and who the more prolific demolition man was, both are exciting to watch, Khaosai in the more general sense, but his brother wows the viewer even more when he seems to get pissed off and engage his man because at first you don't think it's 'in him', or part of his game to be more fair.
teeto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum