Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #31
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Moon-Galaxy Rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
At the same time Khaosai is solid. Khaosai is the harder puncher; he has very heavy hands and seemed an awesome finisher from what I've seen (which is a lot but against middling-to-fair opposition)

To me Khaosai is like Khaokor in destroy mode but with more power. same planting of the feet, subtle movements cutting off the ring, a plodding movement with the awkward Muay Thai guard and well-timed/delivered shots.

Two things; I don't think the size is such an issue. They're twins! Khaosai is also just about the most beastly looking super-fly I have ever seen. I just think that whilst the Bantam Brother could slip in and out of 'seek and destroy mode', I haven't seen much evidence that Khaosai can do much else apart from destroy, although of course he did that very, very well. There is no doubt in my mind that is entirely feasible that Khaosai could knock out 118lb men; Men with the chin of his Brother? Yeah, I reckon so. One thing Khaosai is NOT overrated in is his sheer power, which even against average opposition was evident.

I have just realised that I have been my 'subjects' name wrong for the entire thread; It's Kaokor, not kHaokor as I am been spelling it

Again, thanks to everyone for their contributions, how do you guys see Kaokor measuring up against other 'ATG's'?

A fight I'm thinking about at the moment is Kaokor vs Jeff Chandler.

Also, re: his final match. He was sparked in the 1st round but I'm reliably informed this seemed very, very dodgy indeed (Kaokor's proven chin being an obvious indication) with a supposed 'delayed reaction'. Has anyone seen it and if so, doe it look odd?

Here it is
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #32
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

AlFrancis to the rescue once again.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Looks like he fainted. looks very tight at the weight.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #34
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Here it is
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
WHAT THE **** HAPPENED THERE??!?!?!!?!??

Well, clearly he had a good chin, that doesn't bring his chin into question at all.

It makes me thing A)of his health B)his terrible acting skills.

Another thing that comes to mind that some health reason might point toward why he retired straight after this. Just strange that it came to occur at the beginning of a round in a fight, and wasn't spotted before.

can ANYONE clear this up?

Thanks Al and what are your opinions on the Moon-Galaxy fights and of Kaokor H2H?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #35
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Just watched it, ****in mad that
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #36
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Looks like he fainted. looks very tight at the weight.
Hmmm. As I say, strange it happened there. Maybe all the lights and the heat of the arena brought it all up to the surface? Why didn't he move up to 122? Who was reigning there at the time (not that I could imagine Kaokor ducking anyone, two name on his resume supercede all of his brothers opponents, sorry to keep comparing them but as they're twins they're genes are similar; hence I'm figuring out which one is the 'bottler', although I'm reliably informed Watanabe avoided Khaosai due to him not being a big name) and if he COULDN'T move up what kind of health issues must he have had?

Again, thanks Al
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #37
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I reckon Chandler beats him now anyway, from seeing that! (just kidding with you Flea, though i'd likely pick him ultimately)
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #38
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
I reckon Chandler beats him now anyway, from seeing that! (just kidding with you Flea, though i'd likely pick him ultimately)
Oh I'm no nuthugger

I also think Chandler is another underrated Bantam to be honest.

I'm still reeling from that clip; very, very odd indeed.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #39
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh I'm no nuthugger

I also think Chandler is another underrated Bantam to be honest.

I'm still reeling from that clip; very, very odd indeed.
Nar i know you don't nuthug, i was just kidding. Chandler was a class boxer in his era, one of the best of it, he'd pose problems to some of the best no doubt. The likes of Jofre's and Olivares' era had a lot of the cream of the crop type men though, great eras both, and somewhat interlinked.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #40
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I find Chandler to be generally underrated. I like Olivares, Jofre, Harada at the top, add in Zarate, then I start thinking of Chandler in the next group of bantams. I intend to do some homework on Kaokor though.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #41
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nar i know you don't nuthug, i was just kidding. Chandler was a class boxer in his era, one of the best of it, he'd pose problems to some of the best no doubt. The likes of Jofre's and Olivares' era had a lot of the cream of the crop type men though, great eras both, and somewhat interlinked.

I agree with your late statement entirely. For me (in terms of H2H ability i.e ABILITY in general) Jofre, Olivares and Zarate are very much the top tier.

Next in line I'd say Pintor and Rose and Canizales would be right behind them. I'm trying to figure out where to place Kaokor; his resume isn't exactly deep (win over Moon and win over Wilfredo Vasquez which I've yet to see it's probably on the tube and my next 'must-see' are the clear highlights) but take away that bizarre loss (which doesn't seem caused by a punch; maybe the stylistic challenge just fazed him and he thought '**** this this guy's well lanky' OR as Al correctly pointed out he looks weight-drained) and you have one loss;

The TD to Moon.

In terms of H2H ability, when you consider the all-round game he showed in the 2nd Moon fight he ranks high IMO.

As Pea correctly pointed out Moon was still learning. As I assumed and as he also said, Moon was still a very dangerous opponent that was hard to deal with. Especially in the manner that Galaxy achieved.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
I find Chandler to be generally underrated. I like Olivares, Jofre, Harada at the top, add in Zarate, then I start thinking of Chandler in the next group of bantams. I intend to do some homework on Kaokor though.
I'm glad he's captured your imagination

What I really should've done is posted all the vids from the tube on here. Oh, well allow people to read and then seek out more if they want. Glad I swayed you buddy.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I agree with your late statement entirely. For me (in terms of H2H ability i.e ABILITY in general) Jofre, Olivares and Zarate are very much the top tier.

Next in line I'd say Pintor and Rose and Canizales would be right behind them. I'm trying to figure out where to place Kaokor; his resume isn't exactly deep (win over Moon and win over Wilfredo Vasquez which I've yet to see it's probably on the tube and my next 'must-see' are the clear highlights) but take away that bizarre loss (which doesn't seem caused by a punch; maybe the stylistic challenge just fazed him and he thought '**** this this guy's well lanky' OR as Al correctly pointed out he looks weight-drained) and you have one loss;

The TD to Moon.

In terms of H2H ability, when you consider the all-round game he showed in the 2nd Moon fight he ranks high IMO.

As Pea correctly pointed out Moon was still learning. As I assumed and as he also said, Moon was still a very dangerous opponent that was hard to deal with. Especially in the manner that Galaxy achieved.
Good post all round.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #44
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

The TD to Moon.

Flea, I like Chandler in that second group you mention. Not to get off topic, but I look forward to your Harada-Jofre analysis. I'm currently watching that series and found myself trying to picture Olivares in against Harada. I'll save my comments on that for the appropriate thread.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #45
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Good post all round.
Thanks very much.

Still wish Mantequilla come on I'm sure he'd be able to offer some very good tidbits including info on the 'demise' of Kaokor.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum