Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484
Default Re: Top 5 most Hyped up fighters (currently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Well, they have to fight him instead of looking for older smaller guys to fight. Hopkins doesn't seem too keen on taking him on, and Woods is figting a guy he already beat. Erdai....well he doesn't fight ANYONE.
That may well be true, but until he fights these guys no matter who is avoiding who he cannot lay claim to being a P4P or even the best LHW
Smith is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #17
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
That may well be true, but until he fights these guys no matter who is avoiding who he cannot lay claim to being a P4P or even the best LHW
Well that depends on your perspective. Woods has shown to be a good fighter, but has not beaten anyone on Adamek's level. Same with Erdai who hasn't fought anyone close to Adamek's skill level.

Hopkins beating Tarver would be the only one equal to that and I am not sure Tarver is as good as Adamek. Keep in mind that Hopkins, the fighter people claim is the true LHW king has fought only Tarver and Wright at LHW and Wright is NOT a LHW.

So why would their claims be any more legit? As far as I'm concerned, Dawson has the same claim as the rest, with Woods holding a slight edge because of how long he has been champion and his competition level is steady while not great.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Well that depends on your perspective. Woods has shown to be a good fighter, but has not beaten anyone on Adamek's level. Same with Erdai who hasn't fought anyone close to Adamek's skill level.

Hopkins beating Tarver would be the only one equal to that and I am not sure Tarver is as good as Adamek. Keep in mind that Hopkins, the fighter people claim is the true LHW king has fought only Tarver and Wright at LHW and Wright is NOT a LHW.

So why would their claims be any more legit? As far as I'm concerned, Dawson has the same claim as the rest, with Woods holding a slight edge because of how long he has been champion and his competition level is steady while not great.
Yup, i agree their....It is a strange division right now
Smith is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #19
dwilson

vCash:

1) Chad Dawson is being made out to be a complete monster but needs to really impress to justify the American press.

2) Kessler is great but has only fought people who are famous for fighting him.

3) I like Katsidis but he has not fought anyone. Earl is not even considered the best Lightweight in Britain.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
cdsimple
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

1. Chad Dawson, He beat an overrated, very average adamek. He was also knocked down in the fight. I do not see why so many here believe he is so great.

2. Mikkel Kessler, There is nothing at all spectacular about him. He is a basic fighter with alot of heart.

3. Joe Calzaghe, He has an impressive resume of average fighters. He has never ventured out of his comfort zone, his backyard, and has never taken on a serious threat.
cdsimple is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #21
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like Kelly Pavlik because he KOd probably the most feared man in the division in avery decisive fashion.

Is he overrated? Sure. But I don't think he is overrated because people hate JT (although, I'm sure some people overrate him for that reason.)

Pavlik is loved because he throws a lot of punches and he knocks people out, and he seems like a class act. It's very easy to like that kind of fighter.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar.z.hassan
how can you put katsides in there he puts on a show for the fans he's another great warrior and you say he is over hyped have you seen him fight?

If barrera doesn't get the job done against paquiao then this boy will.

He's not another gatty because he won't swing wildly hill pick his shot and when it connects the fight will be over.

katsides is the best young prospect in the game today.

BOOM BOOM does not know what he's talking about.
re-read what i posted next to Katsidas, like i said i admire his heart and the excitement he brings into his fights but have YOU watched him fight, no technique at all, he hasnt fought a real name yet.

and a Pacquiao/Katsidas fight is as likely as a RJJ/Hopkins rematch it aint gonna happen
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #23
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
1. Chad Dawson - The guy wins a fight against Adamek and already people are trying to sneak him onto their top 10 P4P lists, some are even saying hes the U.S's hope for the Heavyweight division , its also funny how all these Dawson fanatics like to pretend like everything after the 9th round of the Adamek fight never happened. Yeah he has the tools to be a great champion and become an all time great but so did Zab Judah.
Correction: 10th round.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #24
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsimple
1. Chad Dawson, He beat an overrated, very average adamek. He was also knocked down in the fight. I do not see why so many here believe he is so great.

2. Mikkel Kessler, There is nothing at all spectacular about him. He is a basic fighter with alot of heart.

3. Joe Calzaghe, He has an impressive resume of average fighters. He has never ventured out of his comfort zone, his backyard, and has never taken on a serious threat.

You are a moron.

Dawson, Calzaghe and Kessler are propably the most talented fighters out there at the moment.

You can add Cotto to that list as well.

If you dont know shit about boxing I suggest you take a hike.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #25
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom

3. Jorge Linares - Alot of people are crowning him as the best featherweight for destroying an over-the-hill Larios (Who fitted his style perfectly mind you), and say he can compete with the Pacmans,Valeros,JMMs, and Guzmans in the superfeatherweight division already. But if you really look at his own current division he doesnt dominate in any physical attribute over the division.
Power - Guerrero
Speed - Luevano
Technician - John
Stamina - John/Juarez
John and Luevano would beat him with ease IMO they wouldnt be coming forward recklessly as did Larios had.
The guy stepped up in competetion after fighting no one and fight's an experienced guy like Larios, dominates him and stop's him. The kid is the real deal.

Last edited by Sonny Carson; 09-21-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Sonny Carson is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #26
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Im gonna stray away from the average pick..

Miguel Cotto, i think he is one of the best in the division, but he is not as good as people make him out to be in my opinion..

Having your biggest win over Zab Judah (who in my opinion was A class, till he fought other A class fighters) is nothing amazing.. I understand people watch him fight and say, damn, hes good. Well people say the same thing about Malignaggi and Judah...

If your going by WHAT a fighter has done, Cotto may be a little overhyped..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #27
juancho214
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Carson
The guy stepped up in competetion after fighting no one and fight's an experienced guy like Larios dominates him and beats him. The kid is the real deal.
no he's not ,might as well say gomez is real deal for beating gatti,
juancho214 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancho214
no he's not ,might as well say gomez is real deal for beating gatti,
Seeing that Gatti's been shot for years and Larios was still a game guy during the fight I don't see the comparison. I see you have Rafeal Marquez in your avatar, too bad he got his ass whooped by Vasquez.
Sonny Carson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum