Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #46
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249
Default Re: Can Wlad be beat?

Wladimir can be beat but not by Peter. Peter is to slow and his power is overrated. Peter needs a lucky punch.
To beat Waldimir a fighter must be a good technical boxer, fast and powerfull
and the fighter needs a good chin
my favorits to do it are Corrie Sanders(but he has a long way back to gets a titelfight)
Sultan Ibragimov
David Tua (no joke) the Tua of 1997-2000 would beat Wlad and Peter right now
Chagaev (but his promoter won't let this happen)
Lyakhovich (he has the skills and the chin but not the punch)
McCall (he would beat Peter ) maybe he is too slow for wlad but he has the chin and the power.
I'm not sure about Povetkin he needs a real test against a puncher (Tua, McCall, Briggs ) and not Chris byrd before he is fighting Wlad.
kk17 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #47
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The only two HW's with a real chance are Peter and Povetkin.

Sam Peter impressed me very much in his last bout while I generally believe Povetkin too rule the HW division in the future. Povetkin has the perfect style too beat Wlad - and I beleive he will do when he gets a shot at him.

Sam Peter might win - Povetkin will propably win.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #48
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
It seems for the last couple years Wlad has been not just beating the competition but destroying it, aside from when he fought Peter in september of 05 no has even put up a good fight against him. Is it that the division is that weak or is it that Wlads just too strong. Is there anybody that could beat Wlad, if so then who?
I think Golota might be able to.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #49
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufatski

Golota get KO'ed very quickly
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #50
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I doubt it seeing that Golota dont do well against big punchers, look what guys like Lewis, Tyson, and Brewster did to him. His mental state has always been his biggest downfall thoughout his career.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #51
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
A "ready" Sam Peter can beat Wlad. The first time they fought, Peter was way too green and inexperienced. He was not ready for a fighter on Wlad's level. I think 2 more fights and Sam will be ready for the rematch. It is clearly the fight everyone wants to see and is by far the most attractive and potentially exciting HW bout out there. Anyone that can't admit that is fooling nobody.

Peter wasn't the only one to learn from that fight. A "ready" Wlad should take a "ready" Peter.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #52
grouch
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player
The way I see it, if Wlad is in shape he is very tough to beat, but he has his flaws, which are well known by now.

Peter and Povetkin are the ones with the best chances of beating him, IMO, but there are some other guys that will give him a run for his money and might beat him on a lucky day. Fighters like Valuev, Chagaev, Virchis, Dimitrenko, Thompson.
I don't think these two will have any chance. If Peter goes back to plodding and swinging legacy he might, but not the current boxer Peter. Povetkin is a technician, a custom made style for Wlad.

Someone crude, iron-chinned, pressure type fighter and not necessarily skilled will do the job.
grouch is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #53
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
Wlad still shows his weakness to pressure, and it was quite evident in the Peter fight. WHen he fights a guy that can actually put a lot of pressure on him and punch a little he will be exposed once again for that weakness.
He will never possess the mean streak or fighting ability that Lennox Lewis was able to achieve under Emanuel Steward. As long as guys continue to try and box with him on the outside, or conform to just being impaled on his excellent jab, he will be very difficult to beat.
It's going to take a fighter that goes for broke and tries to make him fight that will prevail, and right now there isnt too many guys like that. Too bad Evander is so old, because he has what it takes to make that type of fight.
Pressure, pressure, pressure, that's what I've been saying all along, and that's why I say a guy like Golota has a chance. Evander too, but Golota can physically apply more pressure.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #54
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopez707
I think Peter could in a rematch, but I would like Peter to develop his skills more before he fights Klitschko again. A Klischko-Chagaev match would be interesting, other than that I am not sure.
Chagaev probably could, but I honestly haven't seen enough of this guy.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #55
grouch
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk17
Wladimir can be beat but not by Peter. Peter is to slow and his power is overrated. Peter needs a lucky punch.
To beat Waldimir a fighter must be a good technical boxer, fast and powerfull
and the fighter needs a good chin
my favorits to do it are Corrie Sanders(but he has a long way back to gets a titelfight)
Sultan Ibragimov
David Tua (no joke) the Tua of 1997-2000 would beat Wlad and Peter right now
Chagaev (but his promoter won't let this happen)
Lyakhovich (he has the skills and the chin but not the punch)
McCall (he would beat Peter ) maybe he is too slow for wlad but he has the chin and the power.
I'm not sure about Povetkin he needs a real test against a puncher (Tua, McCall, Briggs ) and not Chris byrd before he is fighting Wlad.
I do agree on Tua with you. maybe McCall. Neither Chagaev or Lyakhovitch could do much damage to Wlad.
grouch is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #56
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player
The way I see it, if Wlad is in shape he is very tough to beat, but he has his flaws, which are well known by now.

Peter and Povetkin are the ones with the best chances of beating him, IMO, but there are some other guys that will give him a run for his money and might beat him on a lucky day. Fighters like Valuev, Chagaev, Virchis, Dimitrenko, Thompson.
Wlad's always in shape. The way to beat him is to outjab him (fight fire with fire), and/or take away his outside game (be means of high pressure).
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #57
grouch
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Wlad's always in shape. The way to beat him is to outjab him (fight fire with fire), and/or take away his outside game (be means of high pressure).
And do you know any current heavy who could out-jab Wlad? Maybe his brother, that's it.

Agree with you on the pressure. Just give me a motivated fighter, ala Brewster when he just lost his trainer, and it could be a death spell for Wlad.

Btw, Wlad was getting very frustrated against Brock. Who knows what would happen if KO didn't come. Maybe the awkward Brock-like style could do the job too?
grouch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum