Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I wish I could say I was wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
How could he avoid the fight for a year when the second Toney-Peter fight wasn´t even a year ago? And yeah Klitschko avoided Rahman ... why should he do so? What does Rahman better than Klitschko?
The second Toney fight was scheduled in the wake of the champion not being available, and they used the controversy of the first match to drive that home.

Beyond Maskaev's optional defense, he has been champion since august 12th, 2006. He has not faced a mandatory in that timeframe, and so he should be stripped as of now.

And please. Vitali wanted no part of Rahman. I'm not getting into this shit now and I'm not gonna theorycraft why Vitali had nothing to fear of Rahman. Fact is if he had nothing to fear he would have faced him 50% or 80% or 100%.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Still~style
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Athletes get injured all the time. Tell me why a man the age of Maskaev feels inclined to push himself beyond his limits. He should know his limits after so many years right?

Tell me why of all times he backs out due to an injury is now. He doesn't have a history for it. Why now?

He has avoided this fight going on a year now. And now it will indefinately be suspended a year. He wants no part of Sam just like Klitschko wanted no part of Rahman. It's clearly evident to anyone who can see it.

And Shannon Briggs fought Sergei Lyakhovich with ****ing asthma. Tell me to be a man? Tell him to be a man.
quit contradicting yourself so obviously. first sentence you say that maskaev should know his limits after fighting so many years. then in your second paragraph you say that he doesn't have a history of injuries. so how would he know his limits?

maskaev is like you or I. trying to make some money and survive for our family. you think he will or should just quit out of nowehere!? At the peak of his financial career! are you crazy!

and don't talk about shannon briggs did you watch the lyakovich fight or the ibrigimov fight. unfortunately i fell asleep.
Still~style is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still~style
quit contradicting yourself so obviously. first sentence you say that maskaev should know his limits after fighting so many years. then in your second paragraph you say that he doesn't have a history of injuries. so how would he know his limits?
Don't play stupid games with me. I'm not in the mood for it. The man obviously knows his limits hence having a pretty good track record of avoiding injuries. So why now?

Quote:
maskaev is like you or I. trying to make some money and survive for our family. you think he will or should just quit out of nowehere!? At the peak of his financial career! are you crazy!
Right, he can get fights like Peter Ohkhello and a guy whose been retired for 2 years Vitali Klitschko. However when it comes to how boxing REALLY works he ****ing runs for the hills from Sam Peter, his rightful mandatory.

Quote:
and don't talk about shannon briggs did you watch the lyakovich fight or the ibrigimov fight. unfortunately i fell asleep.
Too bad, you would have seen how a real man feeds his family.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #19
Still~style
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Don't play stupid games with me. I'm not in the mood for it. The man obviously knows his limits hence having a pretty good track record of avoiding injuries. So why now?

why did i just fart right now? because it ****in happens asshole. theres a first time for everything.

Right, he can get fights like Peter Ohkhello and a guy whose been retired for 2 years Vitali Klitschko. However when it comes to how boxing REALLY works he ****ing runs for the hills from Sam Peter, his rightful mandatory.

you blame the guy for taking a clean up fight. and who is running? he has an injury. why are you being so bitchy considering he doesn't have a history of doing this.

Too bad, you would have seen how a real man feeds his family.
quit talking out of your ass it is mainly what you do on this forum.
Still~style is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #20
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I never have been a Peter fan, but I feel for him now! Oleg should give a timetable for his injury and if he can't make it Peter should have an interm title shot, he's been screwed around enough, I'm becoming a peter fan just watching the bullshit he's been put through.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #21
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
I never have been a Peter fan, but I feel for him now! Oleg should give a timetable for his injury and if he can't make it Peter should have an interm title shot, he's been screwed around enough, I'm becoming a peter fan just watching the bullshit he's been put through.
It's about time people start coming around to this crime. This guy has been shipped out to sea for well over 8 months all because of someone else who has tried one method after another to avoid his mandatory. Shameful indeed.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum