Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #61
Silver
The Champ is Here
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: HATTON BASHING american arrogance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
90% of the Hatton bashing are by ignorant Mayweather fans....they don't represent all American fans.
you sure its that many? some just dont like his style. to each their own.
Silver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #62
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Shit, who the hell things Floyd is well loved by Americans? I'd say he's one of the, if not the most, hated fighters out there today.

The only guy who get's anywhere near the same venom that Floyd get's would be John Ruiz.

The only arrogance I see is from the damn Brits who can't take criticism about one of their fighters.

Most Americans don't dislike Euro's just because they are Euro's, we just don't know them, because they get no airplay on American TV. Your fights start at like 1pm on the West Coast for christ sakes...

We tend to root for Mexicans, Candadians, and Americans.. because that's whats shown, that's who fights here, it's who we are exposed too.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #63
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert
a bit old and past his prime, rite?
Yep by at least 5 years, just like Kostya and Castillo
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #64
Expert
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
Yep by at least 5 years, just like Kostya and Castillo

yes, very good point.
Expert is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #65
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge
You also have to understand that most Americans are more familiar with Castillo than Hatton. Most of the time we only have a vague idea of a European based fighter's abilities. And of course, a lot of boxing writers won't give a milkfaced pug any propers anyway.
Wrong. Nobody i know has heard of castillo, but they've all heard of the hitman.
teetop is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #66
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
Well your judging us by our waitresses is more clueless than calling those chanters hooligans. If you cant take it dont start it.
Show us where I mentioned anything about waitresses mate. Go on, you have all day. You can even search other forums to see if I have ever mentioned a waitress at any point I have been online.

Find one mention and I will go down town in a waitress uniform and post pictures on here for your viewing (and possibly wanking) pleasure.

EDIT: "Don't start it"? You're insane!

Last edited by Triplesod; 06-26-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Triplesod is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #67
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran
Hatton ties you up against the ropes then throws and throws, which is better than punch punch run, punch punch run which PBF adopts
And one is illegal while the other is not.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #68
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran
Tieing an opponent up is not illegal, holding them is illegal, sticking your head into thier shoulder and throwing uppercuts while stopping them moving is not illegal!
LOL.

OK buddy.

And you fools across the pond have the nerve to criticize American Arrogance. You cant even admit that your boy holds excessively when everyone else in the world can.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #69
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would rather see less holding but the action was non-stop you can't deny that
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #70
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill poster
I would rather see less holding but the action was non-stop you can't deny that
The action stopped every five seconds. Hardly non-stop.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #71
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtech2k
I have ONLY read this first post and going to comment on just the first post. I can only imagine the rst of the comments in this thread.

I would first like to say that I think you are being a bit too judgemental about the US and forming more of a stereotypical view. I do agree that the moron that you eluded to in your Normandy story is just that, an ignorant moron. However, to say that she is that way because she is American or that all Americans are this way is completely wrong. Being an ignorant moron is an equal opportunity position. There are morons all over the planet. They all do not live in one place, have the same religion, or are of the same ethnicity. There are stupid people all over the world. Unfortunately, you just ran into one of them.

As for fughting, I do say taht Ricky Hatton is a good fighter. I was very surprised when he beat Kostya. I give him much credit, and say that he is the best at 140 hands down. I will NOT say that he is an ATG or HOF type boxer as of now. I would say thae same of Calzaghe. Your description of the Calzaghe vs Lacy fight was off base IMO. I think the attitude in the US was that Lacy would win, but was based off of Calzaghe being an unknown, fighting unknown opponents. We have seen time and time again Euro fighters coming to America with outstanding and/or undefeated records built in EU only to get demolished in their appearances in the US. I think it is safe to say that overall, the fight scene in the US has been far superior to the fighting in EU for at least the past 20 years. I am not saying American fighters only, I mean ANY fighters that have been in the US boxing world. So I think the track record of inflated wins from EU and the KO power of Lacy made many people feel that Calzaghe was just another guy that strung wins together in EU with no competition or high level opponents. His record may or may not be filled with little quality opponents, but he showed his talents in the ring which is where it counts.

I am not afraid to admit that I was wrong and Calzaghe did an outstanding job, as well as he is the best at 168. I do NOT believe that Americans were so arrogant to judge this pre-fight, I think the circumstances I described were the major factor, which is not unreasonable. Now the right thing to do is to admit that you were wrong if you predicted Lacy to dominate Calzaghe.

So overall I do recognize some of your points, but I also think some of them are misplaced. We are talking about people here, so there are no exacts.

Well said! I am American and I love brits/english as most people I know do. But then I think there is something redeeming in nationallities
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #72
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Depends on your definition-Hatton was coming forward all the time, Castillo was also tying him up- I would say there was plenty of action nevertheless
bill poster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum