Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #46
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I hope Kessler and Taylor win..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
Yet you think that Freitas was a good win for Diaz?

What makes you say that Lucas was shot? He lost a split decision vs Beyer, and then only lost to hardhitter Green - till he met Kessler.

Nonetheless, all of them has been made a fool of - like no one else have done.

Freitas actually won rounds 1-4 against Diaz, then the pressure set in and Freitas faded, kind of like what's going to happen with Pavlik/Taylor, only I won't proclaim Pavlik an elite.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #47
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillarry
[/size]

You dont know that. Stop pulling stuff out your ass. Jermain would give any other the elite MWs and SMW a hard time. So enough with all the bias bullshit. The man is not 27-0-1 for nothing.
Yes, I do know that. Seeing what, what one man does, and see how another fails vs this type of fighter.

Yes, he is 27-0-1 for nothing, because its all painted... and I am not even considering those 3-4 losses that he should have had on that resume.
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #48
Sheehan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
..for no other reason than to stop all the stupid nuthugging Calzaghe posts and the Jermain hater posts.

That's all.
see im not so easily bothered by fans enough to wish defeat on someone, not fair on th fighter...
Sheehan is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #49
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam

Freitas actually won rounds 1-4 against Diaz, then the pressure set in and Freitas faded, kind of like what's going to happen with Pavlik/Taylor, only I won't proclaim Pavlik an elite.
Freitas faded, because he is faded...

Taylor don't need to fade due to stamina issues to lose - everything he does handles that for him.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM   #50
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
Yes, I do know that. Seeing what, what one man does, and see how another fails vs this type of fighter.

Yes, he is 27-0-1 for nothing, because its all painted... and I am not even considering those 3-4 losses that he should have had on that resume.
Blah, blah, blah he is still 27-0-1. No matter how you try to slice and dice it. Up to this point he competition is superior to Kessler and Calzaghe and the other Euros you love so much. Your bias is so damn transparent is pathetic. Give the man his props or STFU
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #51
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah he is still 27-0-1. No matter how you try to slice and dice it. Up to this point he competition is superior to Kessler and Calzaghe and the other Euros you love so much. Your bias is so damn transparent is pathetic. Give the man his props or STFU
Would you like to hold this mirror for me?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #52
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
His competition overall is not superior to Calzaghe's in fact. Only slightly superior to Kessler's and if you judge on how fights are won, you will find that Kessler's wins are far more definitive, against more diversified styles.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:47 AM   #53
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
His competition overall is not superior to Calzaghe's in fact. Only slightly superior to Kessler's and if you judge on how fights are won, you will find that Kessler's wins are far more definitive, against more diversified styles.

Name me 3 boxers on Calzaghe's resume that come close to to Wright, Hopkins, or Spinks.
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:59 AM   #54
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Name me 3 boxers on Calzaghe's resume that come close to to Wright, Hopkins, or Spinks.
The fact that you mention Spinks as a serious win is not even worth debating, but I'll play along.

First of all, resume's are not just 'names' on the record and the only two fighters on Taylor's resume that are worth a damn at MW are Winky and Hopkins and a shot Joppy.

Spinks, Ouma, Marquez and Edourd are all vastly undersized LMW's and would not trouble any real ranked MW at all, but I'll count them in just because you recognise these names of course.

So let's run with an aging Hopkins, Wright* and a shot Joppy as the whole of Taylor's competition in ADDITION to these LMW's of course in Edourd, Marquez, Ouma & Spinks.

Vs -

Diminishing Eubank, Lacy, Reid, Woodhall, Starie, Sheika, B. Mitchell, shot Brewer.

But, since everyone wants to count guys like Marquez and Ouma as points for Taylor, then let's add Bika and Manfredo Jr. in for Calzaghe.

You don't see a comparison in variety of styles and differences in the way the bouts are won for a resume overview?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:03 AM   #55
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Quote:
But, since everyone wants to count guys like Marquez and Ouma as points for Taylor, then let's add Bika and Manfredo Jr. in for Calzaghe.

Man, you really struggled, reached, and grasped for a convincing argument and you fell flat on your head. Congratulations.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #56
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacyace

Man, you really struggled, reached, and grasped for a convincing argument and you fell flat on your head. Congratulations.
No, I didn't struggle, I wanted to make it clear and I did. Ouma and Marquez are counted as wins for Taylor and neither are anything to scoff at in my opinion, Edourd is also mentioned sometimes.

In that case, then you can mention B- level guys like Bika and Manfredo for Calzaghe, even though I do not mention them because they are not something to mention as anything significant.

But Taylor recieves this benefit and they mention names outside of Hopkins, Wright and Joppy, which are his 3 signatures.

Spinks, Ouma, Marquez and Edourd for an elite level MW are worthless fights that mean as little as a victory over Sakio Bika.

Furthermore, Calzaghe's competition is not the best around, they act like Taylor has some of the best competition in all of boxing, his competition is not even comparable to that of Manny Pacquaio.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #57
Clearly Cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think the important thing here is the dominance kessler has shown.

The reason he is no chump, is because he has completely DOMINATED every one of his opponents. Mundine came close to putting up a fight but was still shutout by Kessler.

Kess has a decent resume, not great, but his performances have been great against every single opponent. I personally have never seen a guy lose so few rounds so far into a career. Is there anyone who compares.

Even most P4P's lose a few rounds here and there in each of their fight.
Clearly Cool is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 02:23 AM   #58
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly Cool
I think the important thing here is the dominance kessler has shown.

The reason he is no chump, is because he has completely DOMINATED every one of his opponents. Mundine came close to putting up a fight but was still shutout by Kessler.

Kess has a decent resume, not great, but his performances have been great against every single opponent. I personally have never seen a guy lose so few rounds so far into a career. Is there anyone who compares.

Even most P4P's lose a few rounds here and there in each of their fight.
Exactly, and he's not fought Spinks and Ouma's, his overall comp is as solid as it gets before entering the P4P network, he also unified two titles.

Most fighters, even P4P, have no claim to that type of domination.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:38 AM   #59
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
No, I didn't struggle, I wanted to make it clear and I did. Ouma and Marquez are counted as wins for Taylor and neither are anything to scoff at in my opinion, Edourd is also mentioned sometimes.

In that case, then you can mention B- level guys like Bika and Manfredo for Calzaghe, even though I do not mention them because they are not something to mention as anything significant.

But Taylor recieves this benefit and they mention names outside of Hopkins, Wright and Joppy, which are his 3 signatures.

Spinks, Ouma, Marquez and Edourd for an elite level MW are worthless fights that mean as little as a victory over Sakio Bika.

Furthermore, Calzaghe's competition is not the best around, they act like Taylor has some of the best competition in all of boxing, his competition is not even comparable to that of Manny Pacquaio.
Amsterdam, given the plethora of posts you've made regarding the certainty of the outcome of the Taylor / Pavlik fight, you Could be washing down a lot of crow with that high-priced wine you bought.

While this fight could go either way, I'm expecting Taylor to win a comfortable UD or quite possibly to KO Pavlik. Taylor is at present in the B+ to A- range and still developing.

Your anti-Taylor posts have surpassed JackPresscott's anti-Oscar posts in number and you are closing in on Jack interms of personal vitriol.

IMO, head-to-head, the current crop ranks as follows:

Calzaghe

Kessler

Taylor

Hopkins

Pavlik

Wright

Spinks
cuchulain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum