Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #31
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie the carr View Post
I read MUNDINE want's to defend the I.B.O belt in fiji against JOY''THE JET''ALI.
I hope not
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #32
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
I read MUNDINE want's to defend the I.B.O belt in fiji against JOY''THE JET''ALI.
The Jet has too many belts already without adding Mundine's IBO strap:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #33
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

What happended to "this is a historic night because its my last fight in Aus before i take on the world?"

Now we get Billy who in Tasmania?

Anthony can spin this shit any way he wants its always going to be pathetic. This guy is just one let down after another. He fought Shannan and won the WBA International MW title. So why not force the fight with Sturm which he was supposedly a mandatory to? You cant tell me having the WBA and IBO MW titles doesnt help in making the fight with Pavlik huge. Its better then fighting a guy who just so happens to have the same trainer as Pavlik.

Billy Lyell wins a fluke against the all hype John Duddy and suddenly hes a top or well rated MW... Give me a ****ing brake.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #34
MiracleMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I told you guys months ago the guy is notorious for making stuff up.
MiracleMan is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #35
MiracleMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
What happended to "this is a historic night because its my last fight in Aus before i take on the world?"

Now we get Billy who in Tasmania?

Anthony can spin this shit any way he wants its always going to be pathetic. This guy is just one let down after another. He fought Shannan and won the WBA International MW title. So why not force the fight with Sturm which he was supposedly a mandatory to? You cant tell me having the WBA and IBO MW titles doesnt help in making the fight with Pavlik huge. Its better then fighting a guy who just so happens to have the same trainer as Pavlik.

Billy Lyell wins a fluke against the all hype John Duddy and suddenly hes a top or well rated MW... Give me a ****ing brake.
Billy Lyell is a top 15 Middleweight and he brings recognition from Youngstown. A few geniuses here can't seem to realize bringing Pavliks trainer down under will faciliate a fight between the two.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #36
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
Clearly he meant mainland Australia Daz!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #37
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Gee Mundine is fighting another journeyman. He really is a fraud. He has no intention of EVER fighting a top quality opponent overseas. He did try earlier in his career and wasn't good enough. As someone said earlier, Mundine is just a B level fighter who fights D and C level fighters. It's just smoke and mirrors with Mundine.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM   #38
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleMan View Post
Billy Lyell is a top 15 Middleweight and he brings recognition from Youngstown. A few geniuses here can't seem to realize bringing Pavliks trainer down under will faciliate a fight between the two.

I am a fan of Mundine but lets not talk shit alright.

Lyell getting a SD over Duddy does not make him a Top 15 MW. So stop saying it.A one off win against a guy who was all hype anyway does not make you a legitimate contender for anyone. Anthony shouldnt be fighting him.

Now you can go on all you like about Jack Leow coming here, but Top Rank and Bob Arum are not going to make a fight with Mundine automatically just because Jack Leow visited Tasmanina!!!

You tell me whats more impressive and more likely to have fans and boxing people calling for a Pavlik V Mundine fight:

Mundine beating the bum Jack Leow just so happens to train

or

Mundine coming down to MW, winning the IBO title from an undefeated fighter then beating the guy everyone considers the second best MW in the world and winning the WBA MW title?

As i said, Mudnine won the WBA International MW title. Now as much as all these belts are bullshit to me, bullshit talks and Mundine should be going overseas as he went on and on and on about doing.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #39
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Clearly he meant mainland Australia Daz!

Haha should have known it mate
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #40
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ranser is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #41
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

there should be a geale rematch however he seems to be asking for a lot more money which is causing the delay yet understandable as after mundine blots his record with a second loss where does he go from there?

also if the paul williams/pavlik fight does fall through pavlik will need a tune up to avoid ring rust then maybe mundine in the first half of 2010, or williams batters pavlik and mundine is seen as a good comeback fight.

Id like to see him face sturm also but not in germany or australia to avoid any controversy
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #42
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Awful fights for Mundine. Promises the world but re-treads the same grounds.

Billy Lyell?
Rematch with Geale?
fight against the contender winner?

TBH, I don't think these are bad fights on a domestic level. With that talent that Mundine possesses, he's really squandered it. Maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. He should have beaten Geale much more comfortably than he did. But you'd at least like to see him try again on the world scene against a Sturm, Pavlik, or Winky.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #43
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
Awful fights for Mundine. Promises the world but re-treads the same grounds.

Billy Lyell?
Rematch with Geale?
fight against the contender winner?

TBH, I don't think these are bad fights on a domestic level. With that talent that Mundine possesses, he's really squandered it. Maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. He should have beaten Geale much more comfortably than he did. But you'd at least like to see him try again on the world scene against a Sturm, Pavlik, or Winky.
Wasting time has been a career for Mundine. Like you say, the contender dribble is a joke, and a big waste of time, especially since it will curtail any potential realistic happenings O/S... not that any seem to be eventuating in the future.

The Geale fight will be huge, as Geale did a pretty good job against Mundine the first time, typically the cash cow is firmly wedged up Mundines arse and forcing him to screw Geale over for as much money as possible. Fingers crossed Geale walks away with a fair share of the $$$$ from the rematch as well as the IBO belt. Being the No.1 mandatory, lets hope finances are well in his court.

Thoughts of Mundine facing Sturm or Pavlik are nil. Both should have been on his radar 12 months ago and contracted by now.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #44
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
there should be a geale rematch however he seems to be asking for a lot more money which is causing the delay yet understandable as after mundine blots his record with a second loss where does he go from there?

also if the paul williams/pavlik fight does fall through pavlik will need a tune up to avoid ring rust then maybe mundine in the first half of 2010, or williams batters pavlik and mundine is seen as a good comeback fight.

Id like to see him face sturm also but not in germany or australia to avoid any controversy
i heard some commentators on a friday night card mention ODLH and Russell Crowe were trying to get Sturm/Mundine in the U.S.A. on a big fight undercard. but thats probably bullshit.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #45
MiracleMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
i heard some commentators on a friday night card mention ODLH and Russell Crowe were trying to get Sturm/Mundine in the U.S.A. on a big fight undercard. but thats probably bullshit.
Don't get your hopes up. These two are the highest paid middleweights in the world.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum