Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 75
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
ESPN have released a Q&A in which re boxing they say they are interested in adding new content, are in negotiations and will make an announcement once deals are signed.

Very vague, but still positive.

I think they might be shocked at their intitial attitude regarding the sport in comparrison to the UFC which they keep hearing is the sport of the future so they just went along with it. In this country however, there is no question that boxing is alot more popular than cage fighting.

I think they've just noticed.
'Ben' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Lewisbell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Prepare for a year of Sky dominance
Lewisbell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,847
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Oh goody, I wondered when the next anti-sky boxing thread would turn up

In October, there is Prizefighter 3, ***ton v Rogan 2, Moore v Rhodes, Booth v Hunter, Jennnings v Brook and Smith v Quigley.

Plus Mayweather v Marquez and Matthew Macklin in September.

I know sky's boxing has been very poor over the last year or two, but there is no way anyone can criticise the new season yet when it hasn't even started.

People will though.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #19
DAVEMAKER
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

ive seen then hyping up the next prizefighter to no end but nothing on this friday
DAVEMAKER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:31 AM   #20
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Just heard on talksport them announce that matthew hatton is fighting for a world title in November (IBO naturally). Big test for sky whether they let this shower headline a FFN.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #21
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

hatton vs n'dou is no worse than some of the friday fight nights they've been showing recently.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #22
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,847
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthehat View Post
Just heard on talksport them announce that matthew hatton is fighting for a world title in November (IBO naturally). Big test for sky whether they let this shower headline a FFN.
Well I'd be pretty sure it'll be a Friday Fight Night, I just wonder whether sky will acknowledge it as an IBO title fight-sky tend to be quite hypocritical in that regard.

Take Hatton v Pacquaio, which was casually promoted as an "IBO title fight", but as far as I can recall they didn't really band around the term "world title" in the lead up to it and hardly mentioned the title. But on the graphics during the fight, it was stated as being for the IBO title.

But then with Wlad v Chag, although the IBO belt was on the line it was never mentioned, nor stated on the graphics during the fight.

Similarly on the Barrera v Khan card, that fight was loosely mentioned as being for the WBA International and WBO Intercontinental Lightweight titles, but Paul Smith (on the same card) fought some afrobum for the WBA International title and it wasn't referred to to.

One rule for one, and one for another but I'd imagine if this is the main event (and I presume it will) then sky would probably judge this as being an IBO fight.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 5,701
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfinch View Post
Well I'd be pretty sure it'll be a Friday Fight Night, I just wonder whether sky will acknowledge it as an IBO title fight-sky tend to be quite hypocritical in that regard.

Take Hatton v Pacquaio, which was casually promoted as an "IBO title fight", but as far as I can recall they didn't really band around the term "world title" in the lead up to it and hardly mentioned the title. But on the graphics during the fight, it was stated as being for the IBO title.

But then with Wlad v Chag, although the IBO belt was on the line it was never mentioned, nor stated on the graphics during the fight.

Similarly on the Barrera v Khan card, that fight was loosely mentioned as being for the WBA International and WBO Intercontinental Lightweight titles, but Paul Smith (on the same card) fought some afrobum for the WBA International title and it wasn't referred to to.

One rule for one, and one for another but I'd imagine if this is the main event (and I presume it will) then sky would probably judge this as being an IBO fight.
All to do with hyping the fight up for the casuals, Chris. You know this, mate. The man on the street wouldn't know that the IBO title is the latest 'world' bauble in boxing. As far as the casuals are concerned, they are paying for a 'title fight'. That really annoys me considering that Hatton held the lineal championship (the Ring title) at the time when the 'IBO Title Fights' against Lazcano and Pacquiao were on. Ah well- the BBC don't recognise the Ring title either.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1 View Post
hatton vs n'dou is no worse than some of the friday fight nights they've been showing recently.
In fairness to sky autumn schedule for FFN is pretty good but by legitimising a world title fight for the 5/6th best welterweight in Britain who would be a massive underdog against brook/Jennings who fight a couple if weeks before they will be doing the game harm. As an undercard fair enough as NDou is a good name but don't sell this as a fight that actually matters. If hatton gets away with this every one of their bills will be headlined by ibo bullshit fights. We'll be right back to days of WBU rubbish.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

i seen an advert for friday fight night today a new advert and all but they usually have a small piece on skysports news but not seen any yet
Robert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #26
sugarrayhatton
The Paddy
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 477
vCash: 75
Default Re: Skysports coverage

rogan v ***ton 2 will be worth the wait
sugarrayhatton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London
Posts: 420
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarrayhatton View Post
rogan v ***ton 2 will be worth the wait
thats going to be a banga
felix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #28
Swansea Osprey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Swansea , Wales
Posts: 431
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Skysports coverage

Are they going to show the Cotto vs Pacman fight ?
Swansea Osprey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013