Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #16
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergey Gulyakevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livershot09 View Post
According to 15rounds.com Gulyakevich will face Humberto Gutierrez 25-1-1(19) for the WBC title. Soto will vacate and move up to Lightweight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Great news indeed!

Gulyakevich will be a worthy world champ fighting under the banner of the Belarussian flag!

Lyakhovich is a very decent heavy,but just not good enough to capture a world title and defend it several times.

Hight time for a Belarussian boxer to make as much noise as Belarus's proud son Arlovski has made in the martial art circus over there in the states

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #17
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 252
vCash: 16500
Default Re: Sergey Gulyakevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livershot09 View Post
According to 15rounds.com Gulyakevich will face Humberto Gutierrez 25-1-1(19) for the WBC title. Soto will vacate and move up to Lightweight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Gulyakevich lost a majority decision to Gutierrez.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #18
mapko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 149
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergey Gulyakevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Great news indeed!

Gulyakevich will be a worthy world champ fighting under the banner of the Belarussian flag!

Lyakhovich is a very decent heavy,but just not good enough to capture a world title and defend it several times.

Hight time for a Belarussian boxer to make as much noise as Belarus's proud son Arlovski has made in the martial art circus over there in the states

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Belarus sure does have a strong fighting heritage, great to see some smaller weight guys make some noise. I also loved the fight between Liakhovich and Brewster. Too bad Sergei couldn't string together some more victories. I think that fight took alot out of both men. Anyway it was the HW fight of the decade IMO. Long live Belarus - down with Lukashenko!
mapko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #19
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergey Gulyakevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapko View Post
Belarus sure does have a strong fighting heritage, great to see some smaller weight guys make some noise. I also loved the fight between Liakhovich and Brewster. Too bad Sergei couldn't string together some more victories. I think that fight took alot out of both men. Anyway it was the HW fight of the decade IMO. Long live Belarus - down with Lukashenko!
Well, Belarus flag is not carried by a lot of recognisable names in the pro circus.
Gulyakevich,Isaev,Romanov,Lyakhovich,and............

To be honest pro boxing is not really popular on Belarussian soil unlike kickboxing.
Belarus is a dwarf among powerful countries on our tiny globe,but a superpower in kickboxing and muay thai .
Neither Belarus' big brother Russia nor the mighty USA can hold a candle to Belarus in terms of success in kickboxing and muay thai.
By the way here is an interesting article in english:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is an interesting belarussian website:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013