Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default All Time Flyweight Tournament Round 3: Pascual Perez vs Miguel Canto

The battle of the midgets. Canto's pure boxing genius against Perez's power and offensive onslaught?
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default Re: All Time Flyweight Tournament Round 3: Pascual Perez vs Miguel Canto

ill go away and watch some Perez and get back to you
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Default Re: All Time Flyweight Tournament Round 3: Pascual Perez vs Miguel Canto

Ring Magazine thought Perez would win for what it's worth.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Right,

I see Perez winning the first few rounds with his shifty footwork and awkward angles which take Canto a while to adjust too. Especially the angles that the punches come from Pascual they come from all angles. I can see Canto taking it slow trying to figure him out and gettin outworked.

I think Canto figures out Pascual and starts scoring off the back foot. Kingpetch had the most sucess scoring off the back foot than anywehere else so i suspect Canto would be best served to do this and would take adavantage of it landing his shots on the advancing Perez by landing straight lefts and inparticular uppercuts that seem to trouble Perez.

I can see Pascauls persitance and awkward footwork culminating in an awkward left hook that drops Canto in these mid rounds but Canto gets up re adjusts and carrys on.

In the later rounds i can see Pascuals workrate pulling it through for him as he steps it up and starts out fighting and out punching Canto to take these later rounds.

Pascaul Perez UD 15

8-7 roughly

One thing i noticed was Perez was very awkward in the inside he had a good defence by rolling his head and his shots came from odd angles, i dont think Canto could actually be real slick inside with Perez and would get beat up on the inside his best chance would be too move.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Right,

I see Perez winning the first few rounds with his shifty footwork and awkward angles which take Canto a while to adjust too. Especially the angles that the punches come from Pascual they come from all angles. I can see Canto taking it slow trying to figure him out and gettin outworked.

I think Canto figures out Pascual and starts scoring off the back foot. Kingpetch had the most sucess scoring off the back foot than anywehere else so i suspect Canto would be best served to do this and would take adavantage of it landing his shots on the advancing Perez by landing straight lefts and inparticular uppercuts that seem to trouble Perez.

I can see Pascauls persitance and awkward footwork culminating in an awkward left hook that drops Canto in these mid rounds but Canto gets up re adjusts and carrys on.

In the later rounds i can see Pascuals workrate pulling it through for him as he steps it up and starts out fighting and out punching Canto to take these later rounds.

Pascaul Perez UD 15

8-7 roughly

One thing i noticed was Perez was very awkward in the inside he had a good defence by rolling his head and his shots came from odd angles, i dont think Canto could actually be real slick inside with Perez and would get beat up on the inside his best chance would be too move.
Is he anything like Victor Galindez to watch GP? Perez that is.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Is he anything like Victor Galindez to watch GP? Perez that is.
ive never seen Galindez

Hes hard to desribe really perhaps a fast footed, angle using Santos Lacier?

even thats not a very good description
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
ive never seen Galindez

Hes hard to desribe really perhaps a fast footed, angle using Santos Lacier?

even thats not a very good description
Galindez is a unique fighter in my opinion, how he fights, i was intrugued first time i saw him. Thanks for the info on Perez though GP.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Galindez is a unique fighter in my opinion, how he fights, i was intrugued first time i saw him. Thanks for the info on Perez though GP.
very good to watch is Perez.

Shifty and clever

also some of his fights are hilarious cause hes so small
Old 08-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
If you like Galindez, check out his Argentinian countrymate Gustavo Ballas. The two have very distinct similarities. Hands down the best scalp on Watanabe's resume. His fight with Rafael Pedroza is up on Youtube if you want to check it out.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
If you like Galindez, check out his Argentinian countrymate Gustavo Ballas. The two have very distinct similarities. Hands down the best scalp on Watanabe's resume. His fight with Rafael Pedroza is up on Youtube if you want to check it out.
watched his fight with Wantanabe yesterday

how do you see the Canto vs Perez fight going? as we got abit off topic
Old 08-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

bump
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I wonder if this is still open?

After watching some Perez over the weekend I have to say I think he has a very good chance here.

He has fast feet, power in both hands, good upper body movement and a good chin.

I think Canto would have some success by boxing, but I don't see him having enough to keep Perez off him, who himself utilised some good angles. If I'm not mistaken he also seems to switch hit in the footage I watched.

Canto should look to employ lateral movement and hop out of range using his fast feet whenever Perez wails in, and try and catch him with scoring counters.

I'll say Perez by UD, mainly just by outpunching Canto, but I'm not sure whether he couldn't stop Canto.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I've just seen this reply, thanks for the info Sweet Pea.
teeto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum