Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #196
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Best fighter of the 1980's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsean View Post
the fact that you say that Terry Norris is greater fighter than a peak Leonard is ridiculous you taking about the same Terry Norris that got iced in 4 Rds by Simon Brown and the same Terry Norris that lost on points to a guy I've never even heard of before called Derrick Kelly and he was'nt past his prime when he lost these fights , nothing against Terry but lets face the facts.
Remind me again. What did he do in his prime? When discussing Leonard's prime, we arent really saying much. This is not the same as discussing Hagler's prime or Jones or Robinson. We're basically talking 4 fights: Duran 1 which Duran jumped two weight classes and won; the rematch in which Randy Gordon testified Duran sweating off 40 pounds-10 pounds in the last 3 days alone; the Kalule fight, an opponent in which Terry could have probably beaten in half the time, and Hearns, a guy with a china chin who badly outboxed Sugar with his trainer yelling how he was blowing it.

I almost forgot the Benitez fight. That's how boring and insignificant it was.

I'm sure there will always be able to find someone that got a hard on over it telling us "it was a technically perfect performance"

Not a whole lot out there to talk about "Leonard's prime".

Who did Ray fight that had Terry's speed? Terry's versatility? Terry's toughness? Terry's defense? Terry's footwork? Terry's late round stamina? Terry's determination to win? Terry's mind blowing power?

Now put them all together and what do you get?

The man that completely mastered Leonard no problem!
redrooster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #197
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Rooster's delusional anti-Leonard and pro-Norris rants amuse me.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #198
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
It's about time Rooster's posts were now boycotted. By everyone. We all respond as if we take him serious. It's about time all his posts were not responded to at all.
This has already been attempted in secret, only it has never competely worked out.

My logic is the glue which holds this forum together and my opinions are some of the most highly regarded because I back up what I say using facts and results that can't be disputed. Many have tried and many have died in the attempt no matter where or when.

I've even had parents begging (not asking) me to train their own children in the sport even though I tell them that's never trained anyone ever. That is how compelling I am when people see me in my full glory.

So go ahead and see how long you can stay away from responding to my posts. Nobody's ever done it, nobody ever will.
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #199
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
It pains me to say it as I hate his arrogance, but it was Leonard:

20 Jeff Fenech
19 Myung Woo Yuh
18 Jung Koo Chang
17 Mike McCallum
16 Evander Holyfield
15 Pernell Whitaker
14 Jeff Chandler
13 Khoasio Galaxy
12 Salvador Sanchez
11 Azumah Nelson
10 Roberto Duran
9 Aaron Pryor
8 Eusebio Pedroza
7 Julio Cesar Chavez
6 Larry Holmes
5 Michael Spinks
4 Tommy Hearns
3 Mike Tyson
2 Marvin Hagler
1 Ray Leonard
It's unfortunate that Spinks ended the decade being so badly dominated in 91 seconds, he could've been ranked higher. Even so, I think really highly of what he did. Established himself as one of the greatest light-heavyweights ever, and moved up to become the lineal HW champ.

It's interesting, not many people (including me) would really argue against Tyson being ahead of Spinks for the 80s. Yet I doubt many people would seriously try to claim that Tyson is greater historically than Spinks. Despite beating some contenders and titleholders after the 80s, it's like Tyson's all-time ranking went down a decent amount afterwards.

I don't have a problem with Leonard or Hagler at the top (I had their bout 114-114 BTW). Leonard had some huge wins but was also inactive for much of the decade, while Hagler was consistently fighting and beating good (or great) fighters from 80 through 86.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #200
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
This has already been attempted in secret, only it has never competely worked out.

My logic is the glue which holds this forum together and my opinions are some of the most highly regarded because I back up what I say using facts and results that can't be disputed. Many have tried and many have died in the attempt no matter where or when.

I've even had parents begging (not asking) me to train their own children in the sport even though I tell them that's never trained anyone ever. That is how compelling I am when people see me in my full glory.

So go ahead and see how long you can stay away from responding to my posts. Nobody's ever done it, nobody ever will.
your the biggest fool ever
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #201
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0

Horace Notice......just kidding
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #202
frankenfrank