Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 AM   #16
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ruiz vs Tua today, who takes it?

Tua by TKO.
Blacc Jesus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 AM   #17
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Ruiz makes it a longer fight, probably even outboxing a sluggish Tua by hanging on between shots, but eventually Tua's power tells and Ruiz goes down again to a KO loss.

I don't think Ruiz would be dumb enough to leave his chin out there for a left hook again, but physically I think he'd struggle as he's simply not good enough at sticking 'n' moving to do what's needed against Tua.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

A year or 2 ago, I'd have said that Ruiz takes this, as Tua is so inactive and seems to have lost much of his power/timing (and almost all of his speed/explosiveness).

Now though, Tua's timing might just be returning, and Ruiz can't clinch with the same force as he used to.

Tua UD/late KO
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #19
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
We all know what happened the first time, but considering Ruiz hasn't been close to being knocked out after 10 years of taking on top opposition, it is fair to say he's improved a lot. He looked good against Valuev (some fought he won, i thought he lost a close one) and had a good competitive fight with the current WBA champion, Ruslan Chagaev.

Tua on the other hand, has done very little as of late. I had him losing his fight with Rahman in 2003 (the knockdown was legit if you ask me, they were still fighting) and after that he only fought tomato cans. His fight with Hawkins was a rather close one, while even the crude Sam Peter beat him in a lopsided decision. Alexander Povetkin was fighting Ceronne Fox in his second professional fight, Tua shouldn't be fighting these guys. He's got plenty of experience; he's only getting older.

Anyway.

Who do you pick? Pick with your brain, not with your heart, because i know many people hate Ruiz, and rightfully. He was a complete bore.
Is holding allowed?
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Tua would smoke that cheating fraud again, just like Peter will if they feed this talentless clubfighter to him.
Right, because Peter has proven to be so talented in his last 4 fights right?

Look, the fact is, the first Tua knock out was a fluke, a happenstance, a "lucky combination if you will. Tua came out fast and hard, and caught Ruiz off guard, a mistake Ruiz never made before, and hasn't made since, even when fighting guys twice his size, or twice his skill level. Ruiz will not get knoced out again, ever. Regardless if you think he cheated, faked anything, or brought a gun into the ring with him, that's all specualtion and opinion(I'm talking to you Zakman), the fact remains, he hasn't been knocked out aside fromt that one night.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum