Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Applied Pressure Is One Of The Biggest Fluke Concepts In Boxing...

Honestly... What The **** Is Intelligent Pressure? There Really is no such thing... either you apply pressure and have success or you apply pressure and you dont...

everyone always throws around this "intelligent pressure" term like there is some grand scheme...

when a fighter wins using pressure = intelligent pressure
when a fighter loses using pressure = bad job of applying pressure

I think the concept & the way people use this term is horrible

Last edited by walk with me; 09-23-2009 at 10:52 PM.
walk with me is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Intelligent Pressure Is One Of The Biggest Fluke Concepts In Boxing...

It's obvious you'd think this way. It's the same case with everyone who has absolutely no technical knowledge of boxing.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Intelligent Pressure Is One Of The Biggest Fluke Concepts In Boxing...

nah... **** that

i never heard of a fighter losing applying "intelligent pressure"
or a fighter winning using "horrible pressure"

the only thing that decides if its smart or bad is the outcome of the fight
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Its all about the way to apply it..Mike Tyson's bob and weave in his early career was a great example of smart pressure.

The Ricky hatton style of fighting is one of the best examples of a poor way to apply pressure against talented boxers.
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
It's obvious you'd think this way. It's the same case with everyone who has absolutely no technical knowledge of boxing.

He just barely started following the sport give him a break, He obviously hasnt seen a single Tyson fight or even Holyfield fight yet
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

my point is who is to say its intelligent or not intelligent if either way it is successful... thats my point.... pressure is pressure but either you win or lose
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 7241

I disagree, there is such a thing of as a smart technical pressure fighter....

However, pure, and i do mean pure boxer vs pressure fighter....

the pure boxer will win 95%-99% of the time....
Jeff Young is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
David Fanning
Internet Tuff Guy
East Side Guru

vCash: 800

Intelligent pressure is coming forward while not walking into shots, and while throwing effective and accurate punches. Effective aggression. It exists. It's real.
David Fanning is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I didn't think it was possible for someone to be so ignorant. If you don't understand the difference, just ask. Don't say that there is none. Someone could just as easily say there's no difference between intelligent boxing and just boxing period. Obviously it all depends on the outcome, as the outcome is dependant on whether or not you've used an intelligent system for whatever your method of attack.

Intelligent pressure=cutting off the ring (another trick you're probably unaware of) , economizing your attack between head and body, defending adequately with either head movement or blocking/parrying, maintaining and/or being able to close distance quickly, etc.

Unintelligent pressure= following your opponent rather than cutting off the ring, leaving yourself exposed while on the attack, head-hunting, etc.

Intelligent pressure= Julio Cesar Chavez

Unintelligent pressure= Ricky Hatton
Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

so someone define effective agression
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I didn't think it was possible for someone to be so ignorant. If you don't understand the difference, just ask. Don't say that there is none. Someone could just as easily say there's no difference between intelligent boxing and just boxing period. Obviously it all depends on the outcome, as the outcome is dependant on whether or not you've used an intelligent system for whatever your method of attack.

Intelligent pressure=cutting off the ring (another trick you're probably unaware of) , economizing your attack between head and body, defending adequately with either head movement or blocking/parrying, maintaining and/or being able to close distance quickly, etc.

Unintelligent pressure= following your opponent rather than cutting off the ring, leaving yourself exposed while on the attack, head-hunting, etc.

yo stay off my dick you **** boy...

you been on my pipe since i entered this forum.... don't keep your smirk ****ing bullshit away dog honestly..

if you want to talk boxing ... lets talk boxing

if you want to hurl insults either pm me or shut the **** up
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk with me View Post
my point is who is to say its intelligent or not intelligent if either way it is successful... thats my point.... pressure is pressure but either you win or lose
There are different methods of applying it, just as there are different methods of applying any style. There are unorthodox fighters who've managed to step outside the boundaries of the textbook to make a style all their own, but they all have neccessary qualities which make them effective. Aaron Pryor was very unorthodox, but he was very difficult to deal with because of his speed, power, natural timing and accuracy, and the angles he threw punches at. His angles also made him a hard target to land on, even though they also left him exposed at times. Either way, he had an iron chin and unending stamina, so he was always a handful for anyone.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 7241

Quote:

i agree except for the example of unintelligent pressure fighter....hatton was a master of cutting off the ring, the man had superb footwork, hell, was even able to close the gap against mayweather.....

UNintelligent pressure fighting: See Juan Diaz......the guy has no footwork at all, has no concept of what cutting off the ring is, and is flat-footed to boot...
Jeff Young is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
-Intelligent- would imply forcing the action with the least amount of damage done using certain personal assets, in order to establish yourself on the inside.

It all depends on a fighter's particular assets to apply the pressure.

-Mike Tyson's incredible head movement early on.
-Ike Quartey's great jab, setting up the rest.
-Joe Calzaghe's great feet movement in odd angles to put himself in a position to attack.

Etc...
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #15
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
yo stay off my dick you **** boy...

you been on my pipe since i entered this forum.... don't keep your smirk ****ing bullshit away dog honestly..

if you want to talk boxing ... lets talk boxing

if you want to hurl insults either pm me or shut the **** up
I just did talk boxing with you. I explained it in full, unfortunately your ignorance once again got in the way of you taking any of that in. Regardless of how you take what I said, what you displayed with this thread was incredible ignorance. Instead of just asking us to enlighten you, you completely write off the opinion's of not only informed fans, but trainers and boxing afficianados who understand the very clear difference. You don't understand, so you take that as a sign that there is nothing to understand, and that you hold all the answers. That, my friend, is ignorance.

Next time just ask.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum