Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #76
smitty_son408
J ust E njoy T his S hit
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Mayweather Deserve More Credit? (READ)

Pac has the type of foot speed and feinting ability to set up his shots and off set Floyd's rhythm, but he doesn't jab particular well and drops his left hand when throwing the right hand. This can cause him to be countered coming in many instances if they ever fought. He also falls over on his front foot when diving in with the lead left...still to sloppy to edge Floyd at this stage. Not to mention the size and reach advantage Floyd would enjoy....Again.
smitty_son408 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #77
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty_son408 View Post
Pac has the type of foot speed and feinting ability to set up his shots and off set Floyd's rhythm, but he doesn't jab particular well and drops his left hand when throwing the right hand. This can cause him to be countered coming in many instances if they ever fought. He also falls over on his front foot when diving in with the lead left...still to sloppy to edge Floyd at this stage. Not to mention the size and reach advantage Floyd would enjoy....Again.
Sound about right. You gotta be technically perfect to beat Floyd. Vernon Forrest would have given him the toughest fight.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #78
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
I dont. He leans in and comes forward with those windmill punches. You will see Cotto take advantage of that because hes an excellent counterpuncher.
I don't think it's a case of a vast technical improvement either, it's a case of him being more composed in my opinion. Even when he's busy, lately, he's looking at his man all the time and moving around. But i wouldn't say he's moving laterally, which would merit a labelling of 'technically improved' enough for fans to take notice. He's just more controlled now. Where we might disagree though is that i think he has a chance against Mayweather.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #79
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sooooo, what the ****? This St. Boxing guy is actually that little no knowledge turd BoxingGlove? That makes no sense at all, unless all of St Boxing's posts were just plagiarized from what BoxingGlove had read on other forums. Wouldn't surprise me, as he never did seem to debate much.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #80
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sound about right. You gotta be technically perfect to beat Floyd. Vernon Forrest would have given him the toughest fight.
Not at all. In fact I'd say the more unorthodox, but still very skilled stylists would fare the best against a fighter like Floyd. Forrest would've given him trouble due to his size, reach, and power. In fact, I'd favor him to win on that basis, as I would most of the top Welters of the 90's.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #81
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Sooooo, what the ****? This St. Boxing guy is actually that little no knowledge turd BoxingGlove? That makes no sense at all, unless all of St Boxing's posts were just plagiarized from what BoxingGlove had read on other forums. Wouldn't surprise me, as he never did seem to debate much.
Notedin another thread that he started all his threads as bg1 'well????' now the names have changed. Seemed like a genuinely good poster we shared pm's. Sent me a pm earlier in the week terrorising my appearance and being a keyboard warrior then changes his name back???? WTF dick lol
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #82
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not at all. In fact I'd say the more unorthodox, but still very skilled stylists would fare the best against a fighter like Floyd. Forrest would've given him trouble due to his size, reach, and power. In fact, I'd favor him to win on that basis, as I would most of the top Welters of the 90's.
Isnt that an oxymoron? An unorthodox very skilled stylist. Who would fall under that category. Pernasem Hameditaker?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #83
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Isnt that an oxymoron? An unorthodox very skilled stylist.
No. Duran was unorthodox, but extremely skilled. Whitaker was unorthodox, but extremely skilled. Jung-Koo Chang, Roy Jones, Luis Rodriguez, Azumah Nelson, Miguel Lora, etc. You don't have to do everything by the book to do it effectively. Most of the fighters who go outside of the textbook tend to be the most capable, as a matter of fact.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #84
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Someone once tried to tell me that Hagler was unorthodox. I don't think so. He's not flashy or risky in terms of style and technique.

Fighters like Louis, Arguello, Lopez and Hopkins are all orthodox. The thing I like about Hopkins compared to Louis and Arguello, he's far more mobile around the ring on his feet. All the guys mentioned are very orthodox and technically sound. Curry as well.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #85
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
No. Duran was unorthodox, but extremely skilled. Whitaker was unorthodox, but extremely skilled. Jung-Koo Chang, Roy Jones, Luis Rodriguez, Azumah Nelson, Miguel Lora, etc. You don't have to do everything by the book to do it effectively. Most of the fighters who go outside of the textbook tend to be the most capable, as a matter of fact.
You still have to do it right. There is some really solid flaws in all the fighters today, thats why we saw the #2 guy who gave the #1 guy so many problems, get completely outclassed by THE best fighter thats been off for two years. Pac for instance, has been exposed somewhat by better fighters. Speed kills, but technical mishaps negate speed against a technician like Floyd. Pacs speed and strength have been his biggest assets, but Floyd is perfect. The only time he has ever showed any problems is when hes been somewhat smothered by a stronger fighter. Still never in any danger, because he possesses those intangibles that the fighters you listed above had. Pac on the other hand has shown very little as far as dimension to his game. Just speed and a big advantage in strength over most of his opponents. Hes always been a physically stronger fighter fighting at a lower weight. Lets see how he does against a technically sound welterweight in Cotto who is equally as strong as him, then we'll see if he can show Mayweather something hes never seen.
Usually its the technical guys that beat the unorthodox guys.

Last edited by lefthook31; 09-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #86
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

The way he schooled Marquez was something, but I think the choice of Marquez, deserved no credit whatsoever.
Morrissey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum