Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #31
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Could Floyd Mayweather beat a prime Meldrick Taylor?

It's going to be a tough fight for both men, but i'm going with Floyd in this one. Taylor looked impressive, but his opposition is not all that impressive to me. The only exception is Chavez, who beat him twice and in quite devastating fashion. Taylor has very fast hands, but Mayweather isn't exactly slow either, has the better defence and can adapt to various styles. Floyd UD after early trouble.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Prime for prime, this would have been an excellent boxing contest. Like ChrisPontius, I think Floyd would win by UD over 12 rounds after losing perhaps the first four or five. Floyd's got boxing smarts that he doesn't get credit for and although Taylor has faster hands, Floyd has a bit more of an advantage sizewise, likely controlling the action from the middle rounds onward. He doesn't run away with this fight in dominating fashion, but I'd say he wins by at least 3 points minimum, 7-5 or 7-4-1, by round.

Eddie Futch once called Mayweather the greatest prospect he's seen since Sugar Ray Robinson, and coming from Futch, I'd say that's pretty significant.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Round15 I would say Floyd gets more than enough credit for his 'skills'.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Trust me girls Age & treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth/brawn & skill
Age stops being a plus when you've reached the point of senility, old fart.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
While Floyd is undeniably greater and more proven, I think Taylor's specific combination of handspeed, workrate and determination makes this virtually unwinnable for Floyd.

Worst stylistic matchup for Floyd this side of Thomas Hearns?
You think Taylor is a harder fight for Mayweather than Robinson, Duran, Leonard, Whitaker, Pryor or Chavez?

Interesting.

Answering the thread question - Yes.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
smitty_son408
J ust E njoy T his S hit
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
No, it's no secret Mayweather can't deal with more than 2 or 3 punches at a time, coupled with Taylors handspeed Mayweather would drop a decision
It's no where near that simple.
smitty_son408 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #37
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

I'm in two minds.

I think what is important in deciding the winner in this fight is if Meldrick has the strength to hold his ground past Floyd's potshotting and launch flurries quickly in return. If he can stand his ground and doesn't get pushed back late in the fight I think he can take it. Unlike most other fighters, Meldrick can throw ten to land two and probably still outconnect Floyd because of his tremendous workrate.

Mayweather will land a lot in return though, and if he does have the strength to push through Meldrick, things will go his way as he'll peck and lunge and keep Meldrick in a defensive posture where his workrate will not be that much of an issue. If that happens Meldrick is not going to win.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #38
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

Yes.
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #39
dee-z-r
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
It's going to be a tough fight for both men, but i'm going with Floyd in this one. Taylor looked impressive, but his opposition is not all that impressive to me. The only exception is Chavez, who beat him twice and in quite devastating fashion. Taylor has very fast hands, but Mayweather isn't exactly slow either, has the better defence and can adapt to various styles. Floyd UD after early trouble.
yeh kinda lyk da judah fight
dee-z-r is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #40
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Age stops being a plus when you've reached the point of senility, old fart.
Dear o Dear you really are just a mouthty useless little turd ar'nt you, all hail sweat-pea the HIGH PRIESTESS of ESB as this about sums you up, you have too be the most feminine tantrum poster/reposte on here, a bed wetting little cunt like you trying too act the daddie, always right, never to be questioned, well you can **** right off, you're a ****in wanker who's done **** all with his life except dream & live in cyber worldi told yer a few months back that i thought there was something of the Rent boy in yer did'nt i eh!

i'll put yer age around 23/27 & proberbly never been more than a gas tanks worth of miles outside of yer one dog/horse town & here you are trying too act the guv'ner & the wise old man of fantasy boxing with WOW 14,000 post's you sad little cunt & thats what it is here FANTASY boxing but for you it's your ****in REALITY & that makes you a 1st class WANKER & some

Give me a list of everything yer've done/met/know/made happen the last 25 years regards boxing + i'll be flying into the states on the 2nd Nov doing NY/Boston/Chicago & Vegas on the 12th for the Pac/Cotto fight so lets not waste your all so great knowlege on here at ESB, so lets share it with some people in the know eh! PM me & we'll see if we can arrange a meet in the ZURI bar at the MGM & i'll introduce you as the MAIN MAN of classic fantasy boxing, this could be yer big break

I'll be there thursday night at 7/8pm sat yappin with Burt. If you've the balls to show up & don't make a cunt of yerself i may take you a bit more seriously but in my ANALYSIS i've rarely been wrong when it comes to spotting the deluded & desperate as there my main sorce of income

So Mr Big 14,000 posts are you HBO/PPv or MAIN EVENT man, it ai'nt far for you to travel, for me it's 12,000 round trip, lets see what yer really made of eh
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #41
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

The brawl we've got going in this thread would put any Mayweather v Taylor fight to shame.
fists of fury is online now  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I assume he means Burt (sic) Sugar.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #43
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Round15 I would say Floyd gets more than enough credit for his 'skills'.

You're probably right Fleaman, the guy does get a lot of credit, probably more than he should.

Still, Floyd has been fantastic and in terms of his adaptability in a fight there's nobody more impressive right now. I would honestly say Mayweather's fight against Hatton was more impressive than Pacquiao's blowout of Hatton.

First of all Ricky seemed more prepared mentally and physically for Floyd as opposed to Manny. Hatton kept his guard higher, moved his head and put more pressure on Floyd. Against Pacquiao, the skills seemed to be absent, probably left in the dressing room before the fight. There's no way that Pacquiao should have landed that clean power left hook shot if Hatton had kept his hands higher in better guard position as opposed to his rib cage.

The way Floyd countered Hatton, turned him around and knocked him out was impressive. No disrespect to Pacquiao and kudos to him for his knockout effort but the fight against Hatton didn't go long enough in order for Ricky to illustrate any sort of effective offensive attack.

You are right though, Floyd does get a lot of credit, but watching him makes me feel that he deserves most if not all the accolades he's getting.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #44
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Dear o Dear you really are just a mouthty useless little turd ar'nt you, all hail sweat-pea the HIGH PRIESTESS of ESB as this about sums you up, you have too be the most feminine tantrum poster/reposte on here, a bed wetting little cunt like you trying too act the daddie, always right, never to be questioned, well you can **** right off, you're a ****in wanker who's done **** all with his life except dream & live in cyber worldi told yer a few months back that i thought there was something of the Rent boy in yer did'nt i eh!

i'll put yer age around 23/27 & proberbly never been more than a gas tanks worth of miles outside of yer one dog/horse town & here you are trying too act the guv'ner & the wise old man of fantasy boxing with WOW 14,000 post's you sad little cunt & thats what it is here FANTASY boxing but for you it's your ****in REALITY & that makes you a 1st class WANKER & some

Give me a list of everything yer've done/met/know/made happen the last 25 years regards boxing + i'll be flying into the states on the 2nd Nov doing NY/Boston/Chicago & Vegas on the 12th for the Pac/Cotto fight so lets not waste your all so great knowlege on here at ESB, so lets share it with some people in the know eh! PM me & we'll see if we can arrange a meet in the ZURI bar at the MGM & i'll introduce you as the MAIN MAN of classic fantasy boxing, this could be yer big break

I'll be there thursday night at 7/8pm sat yappin with Burt. If you've the balls to show up & don't make a cunt of yerself i may take you a bit more seriously but in my ANALYSIS i've rarely been wrong when it comes to spotting the deluded & desperate as there my main sorce of income

So Mr Big 14,000 posts are you HBO/PPv or MAIN EVENT man, it ai'nt far for you to travel, for me it's 12,000 round trip, lets see what yer really made of eh
I'm so glad you've decided to respond in this manner as I've always wanted to expose you for what you really are: old, senile, insecure, delusional, and above all hypercritical!

If the rest of you fail to see the blinding irony in what this geezer's been calling me out on and then responding with in the past few pages you have to be at least a little slow. Obviously Old Man River here fails to see it. Being old and devoid of his senses, he an excuse, though.

To answer your question: Why would I fly out to Vegas to meet some senile old pedo I conversed with on the internet? It'd seem a waste of money for me to fly all the way there only to kick your walking cane out from underneath you and be done with it. You'd probably break a hip on the way down, leaving me with the hospital bill and further useless expenditures. What good would it do to come back and tell everyone I bested a helpless, delusional old man? You got some spirit in you Mickey, but your best days are long past. To put it eloquently: Yer a bum!

Given your posting methods I'd say you're starting to deteriorate. It happens when you get that age. You've hit a certain point and started to devolve back into a drooling, helpless little heap who pisses and shits himself daily, only to have his Depends whiped daily by his daughter in much the way you used to do her. That much is evident by the nonsensical PMS rants you constantly post.

If you have any dignity in you, the only option left is quite obvious Old Yeller. Do a favor, put yourself and the rest of us out of the misery that comes with having you around, contaminating the forum with your disease. You truly are nothing more than an animal.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Dont forget about the story of the tortoise vs the hare Sweet Pea.
WhataRock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum