boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Foreman: What Was, What Could've Been, Nothing Short Of Mind Boggling part

What could have been? A schooling against Holmes and a few other losses if he didnt quit after Young.

Foremans record against ranked opposition is only: 7-5. Out of those 7 wins you have the likes of second tier types like Peralta and Chuvalo. Is that the record of a man who deserves to be above more consistant dominant types with deeper win sets and a higher winning percentage? Foreman is a hard 1 to rank, but I do feel he gets overrated for his stagering power and strength, while his skill/defense/footwork all give him seriously problems against skilled boxer types
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #17
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: George Foreman: What Was, What Could've Been, Nothing Short Of Mind Boggling part

And what is Larry Holmes record against Ranked opponents? And Larry Holmes would of school Foreman in the 70s? Then why did Larry Holmes avoid Foreman did? Peralta and Chuvalo second tiered? Well Ali fought Chuvalo twice so Ali must of loved to fight second tiered fighters. Peralta was far superior than a guy like James Tillis who probably beat Tyson when they fought and how many real top 10 guys Tyson fought?

How many Top tier fighters Lennox Lewis fight?

How many top tier fighters did Joe Louis fight?

How many top tier fighters did Wlad of Vitali fight?

How many top tier fighters did Evander Holyfield fight?

How many top tier fighters did Rocky Marciano fight?

How many top tier fighters did Jack Dempsey fight?

Kid get out of here with your nonsense, non of the questions i asked you could answer. You will find some bogus numbers to pull out of hat just to try to prove Marciano, Dempsey or Louis fought better fighters. A fighter like Scott LeDoux would beat Marciano, Dempsey or any of the trash they fought. Foreman fought who he had to fight and won. Again I made this thread to give respect to Foreman and if you cant do that then stop responding here.
Chris Warren is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ****** View Post
Again I made this thread to give respect to Foreman and if you cant do that then stop responding here.
You should know that Frank Lotierzo has been ripping off your articles and then retroactively posting them on other sites a month before you've written them. You should contact him and tell him to stop stealing your articles.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #19
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
And what is Larry Holmes record against Ranked opponents? And Larry Holmes would of school Foreman in the 70s? Then why did Larry Holmes avoid Foreman did? Peralta and Chuvalo second tiered? Well Ali fought Chuvalo twice so Ali must of loved to fight second tiered fighters. Peralta was far superior than a guy like James Tillis who probably beat Tyson when they fought and how many real top 10 guys Tyson fought?

Kid get out of here with your nonsense, non of the questions i asked you could answer. You will find some bogus numbers to pull out of hat just to try to prove Marciano, Dempsey or Louis fought better fighters. A fighter like Scott LeDoux would beat Marciano, Dempsey or any of the trash they fought. Foreman fought who he had to fight and won. Again I made this thread to give respect to Foreman and if you cant do that then stop responding here.

Louis and ALi both fought around 20-30 Ring ranked opponents. Lennox was 16-2 against ranked opponents (at the time he fought them, if you want to look at fighters who were ranked at anytime it would be higher).

BTW Foreman is well known to have ducked Holmes, he knows he can't live with a boxer like Holmes plain and simple

Foreman isn't close to any of these as a complete boxer and you been on his nut sack doesn't change that
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #20
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

This is so epically misinformed I don't know where to begin or if it is even worth it.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 137

Quote:
A fighter like Scott LeDoux would beat Marciano, Dempsey or any of the trash they fought.
C'mon Chris...that's sacrilege.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #22
abraq
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chris, giving Foreman his due is nice and he certainly deserves it. But your contention that Scott Ledoux would have beaten Marciano and Dempsey is a bit too much to take.
abraq is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Lol Scott Deloux wasnt great by no means and I was kind of joking about him beating Marciano. But come on guys, Marciano beat 40 year old has beens, not impressive if you asked me. Deloux was a bigger and stronger than Marciano, there are weight classes for a reason and just because you people love to pretend Marciano was better than god or life itself he wasnt.

In any case Foreman fought better opponents than Louis, Marciano, or Dempsey so if you going to knock Foreman for his level of opponents then knock Marciano, Dempsey and Louis for fighting worse. If you have nothing positive to say about Foreman then don't respond here. Make your own thread and tell the people how Holmes would of beat Foreman in the 70s even though it is a fact Holmes and Holmes people wanted no part of Foreman.

Make a thread called even though Mike Tyson got iced 5 times its no big deal because it's Mike Tyson. Call it Buster Douglas is a harder puncher and a better fighter than Ali just to justify Tyson being knocked out by a glass chin club fighter like Douglas

Make a thread called Lennox Lewis best wins came over a washed up Tyson and a washed up Holyfield. Make a thread called even though Lennox Lewis had worse stamina than Foreman and got knocked out 2 times by 1 punch for C level fighters he would of still beat Foreman.

Make a thread called Vitali and Wlad Klitschko have no talent but since they are european and europeans love to brag about the trash they cant lose. Make one called the best opponents Wlad or Vitali beat wouldnt have been even considered club fighters in the 70's 80's or 90's.

But if you are responding here please respond with complements on Foreman. That is why i made this thread.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #24
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The Scott Deloux thing was a joke but seriously you don't think Gregoria Peralta could of and would of beat Marciano? Take off your rose colored glasses and get off Marciano's *****. If Peralta could go 20 rounds with Foreman with out being knocked down. 2 fights with Ron Lyle with out being floored, 2 fights with Oscar Bonavena with out being knocked down then you know for damn sure Marciano wouldnt be able to knock him down.

If Ted Lowry a fighter who career record was 60 wins with 58 loses could go the distance with Marciano 2 times and most people felt Marcaino lost the first one then Gregoria Peralta would beat Marciano as well. Infact Peralta would of gave many of boxers a hard time with his awkward style.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #25
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Anyone seen the footage of an old Scott Ledoux sparring with Mike Grant? He exposed Grant for the fraud he was far before Lennox did. Ledoux handed him his **** in sparring.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #26
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
And what is Larry Holmes record against Ranked opponents?
Very good.

Quote:
Then why did Larry Holmes avoid Foreman did?
He didn't. It was Foreman who has always avoided Holmes.

Quote:
Well Ali fought Chuvalo twice so Ali must of loved to fight second tiered fighters.
Yes, to kill time between his fights with top tier fighters.

Quote:
Peralta and Chuvalo second tiered?
That's correct.

Quote:
Peralta was far superior than a guy like James Tillis ....
No, he wasn't.

Quote:
... who probably beat Tyson when they fought ...
No, he didn't.

Quote:
.... and how many real top 10 guys Tyson fought?
A bunch - Berbick, Spinks, Tubbs, Tucker, Ruddock(twice), Bonecrusher, Lennox, etc.

Quote:
Ruddock, Holyfield(twice), Grant, Tua, Rahman, Vitali, etc.

Quote:
Baer, Braddock, Schmeling(twice), Conn, Galento, Godoy(twice), Walcott(twice), Charles, Marciano, Mauriello.

Quote:
Between them, Lennox, Byrd, Peter, Sanders, Chagaev.

Quote:
Douglas, Bowe(three times), Tyson(twice), Moorer, Lennox(twice), Rahman, Byrd, Ibragimov, Valuev.

Quote:
Walcott(twice), Lastarza(twice), Layne, Charles(twice), Moore.

Quote:
Willard, Firpo, Miske(three times), Carpentier, Firpo, Tunney(twice), Sharkey.

Quote:
Kid get out of here with your nonsense, non of the questions i asked you could answer.
All your questions are very easily answerable.

Quote:
You will find some bogus numbers to pull out of hat just to try to prove Marciano, Dempsey or Louis fought better fighters.
By definition, numbers aren't bogus.

Quote:
A fighter like Scott LeDoux would beat Marciano, Dempsey or any of the trash they fought.
No, he wouldn't.

Quote:
Again I made this thread ...
No, you swiped your article from another site.

Quote:
... and if you cant do that then stop responding here.
You don't run this forum.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

What a **** Chris ****** is.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #28
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
What a **** Chris ****** is.
I like him though, don't ask me why.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #29
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

But if you are responding here please respond with complements on Foreman. That is why i made this thread.
Okay, I'll play the game. I love watching 70's George's wanton destruction of the likes of Frazier, Roman and Norton. What a beast Foreman was back then. His brawl with Lyle probably rates as my favourite heavyweight slugfest of all time.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
ClintMagnum
Antitheist
ESB Full Member

vCash: 900

I may get shot down for this but in my opinion, I truly believe that had Foreman fought Ali again he would not have lost. Foreman was a boy at 25. He was badly trained and so obviously dehydrated in Zaire and it was as humid as hell. I have a lot of love for Ali and he cleverly took his opportunity but I just think people write George off as some unskilled thug after watching the Zaire fight. This is so unfair and it overshadows some wins of genuinely epic proportions.
As a controversial note I put Foreman above Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, even Tyson.
However I do think the Galveston Giant would have caused him untold problems. Jack is the only HW great I would comfortably pick to handle George. But the ****e comments dissing the greats such as Tyson, Louis, Marciano and Lewis are just plain daft. All would have given Foreman hard fights.
ClintMagnum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum