Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #31
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Peter vs. Jameel McCline is Official!

did anyone catch the wbc statement on mccline...its on a popular boxing news website (starts with f and ends with news). it talks about how Mccline won the first two rounds vs valuev before he hurt his knee....newsflash wbc, valuev was ahead 20-18 on two score cards and 19-19 on the third. i can see how people would say mccline won round two(i had it valuev but it was close). i also thought mccline was winning round 3. my point is that the wbc tries to rewrite history by saying mccline won the first two rounds...when the score cards, and almost no one thinks he did. do they honestly think we're that stupid? i guess we are if anyone pays for that fight. Mccline didn't deserve the valuev title shot much less a second straight title shot.
joeboxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #32
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan1
Maybe Jameel Decline will not be inclined to get reclined in his bout with the Nigerian Frankenstein.
You're good with words.

One might say...fine.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #33
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

It will not be a walk in the park for Peter as some here suggest. If we ignore McCline\\\'s first few fights, he was stopped only by Wladimir Klitschko. In fact he did not come out after the break. Peter cannot hit harder than Klitschko. He is not that big puncher. His punches are some big loops. McCline will be a real test for Peter. It is not like fighting the overweight 5\\\'10\\\" Toney and basically loosing the first encounter.

It is another question how will McCline\\\'s knee act or if he deserves that shot.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 AM   #34
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
It will not be a walk in the park for Peter as some here suggest. If we ignore McCline\\\'s first few fights, he was stopped only by Wladimir Klitschko. In fact he did not come out after the break. Peter cannot hit harder than Klitschko. He is not that big puncher. His punches are some big loops. McCline will be a real test for Peter. It is not like fighting the overweight 5\\\'10\\\" Toney and basically loosing the first encounter.

It is another question how will McCline\\\'s knee act or if he deserves that shot.
Following Klitschko, there is a boat load of improvement and McCline's record, post Klit, speaks for itself:

Chris Byrd (37-2-1), loss
Calvin Brock (24-0-0), loss
Zuri Lawrence (19-10-4), loss
Nikolay Valuev (45-0-0), loss

Most notable wins following Klitschko: Terry Smith, Rob Calloway, Cedric Boswell and a bunch of other obscurities, from the obscurity bin.

Yep, this guy will give Peter a real run for his money.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 AM   #35
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
No asshole, don't tell me to stick to other weight clases when you're the one who's touting a man who's been at journeyman status for the majority of his career. You're just along with all those dellusional fans who talk up this guy simply because he has a good chin. WOW, big woopidy-****ing-doo! There's also complete bums with awful records in any weight division that have never ben KOed before but that doesn't mean they're any good.

What does McCall bring to the table that McCline can't? Jameel is quicker on his feet which would give the slow footed plodder Peter problems trying to track him down, and even though he doesn't fight like a big man, McCline is still a huge heavyweight at around 260 so no way Samuel can bully his ass around with ease. McCline is also much younger so his activity would be twice that of Oliver's and he's also been in there with much greater opposition as of late which puts him at and edge over McCall as well.

And yes McCline is fighting as good as ever lately as he's been fighting on his toes and throwing more combinations like he did versus Terry Smith and Valuev before the fight was stopped. So don't try and downplay those fights just because your boy McCall didn't get the fight against Peter.
Bringing out the profanity now. I really don't know what to say here cuz u seem to think Jameel McCline is the second coming. You are in the minority there cuz most people on this site would have rathered somebody else whether it be McCall or not. I don't know where u've been but in case u missed it Jameel McCline lost to Zuri Lawrence not too long ago. Now he's in a title fight cuz he split 2 rounds with Valuev and beat feather fisted Smith? Absolutely ridiculous. McCall's not my boy. I never had much regard for him but I think he's much more deserving than a man who was shaken by Chris Byrd and who covered up everytime Wladimir Kltischko threw a feint. You can talk about McCline's size all you want but he is what he is and that is definitely not a fighter worthy of a 4th title shot. Once again, stick to the other weight classes. I'm sure you can find the equivalent of a Jameel McCline somewhere below 200 that u can hype.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #36
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

McCline was considered a decent opponent for Vitali because Vitali had about 3 years' worth of ring rust. As an opponent for an active heavyweight like Peter, not so much. I quite like McCline, but more as a person than a boxer.

Better than no fight, though.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #37
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

BORKED

This Is what he's probably singing knowing McCline was chosen to fight him Instead of a real threat.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #38
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
If you like to insult me by telling me that I don't know anything about the heavyweight division then I'll use all the profanity that i want you ****wit, because that's exactly what you are, an idiot fanboy who still can't give me any real technical facts as to why McCall would be better than McCline. And there are plenty of knowledgeable boxing fans here who think that Jameel is a much better suited that that old washed up journeyman McCall, and even if I am in the minority all it means is that there's a great abundance of Oliver fanboys like you infesting this site. There's a huge amount of posters here who also thought Golota would be a great opponent, pffft, so does that mean they're in the right? I don't think so, all that means is that they're a lot more loons here like you rather than experienced and knockwledgeable fans.

McCline is bigger, younger, quicker, about as skilled, and depite what you think he does take a prety gpod shot. You bring up the fact that Jameel fought scared against Wlad, and what did McCall do against Lewis?! He cried like a sissy 10 year old girl! So what'ss worse? Face it man other than the fact that you're one of these McCall fanboy types who for some inexplicable reason talk up this man because he has a good chin you still haven't brought anything to my attention as to why he's a better opponent, and you never will because there is no argument for such statement. McCline is better than old man McCall, nuff said.
I've never seen anything like it. I have been focusing on why McCline isn't a good opponent and u keep going back to McCall and how I am one of his fanboys when this is clearly not the case. I don't understand you. Take a look at my other post. I said I never had much regard for McCall. I didn't build him up to be anything great. He is what he is and u seem to think I'm some big fan of his. Do u even know why he cried against Lewis you dumbass? Because he was dragged out of rehab to fight when he was clearly in no condition to do so. When Jameel McCline gets knocked out you should take your sorry ass and hide in some crevice somewhere because u have shown yourself to have zero credibility. Zero. By the way I'm gonna give u ur stupid technical facts right now. McCall is 10-0-0-1 in his last 11 fights and McCline is 7-4. Hasim Rahman is a former 2-time world champion so he could have been plugged in. Vladimir Virchis, the hard hitting Ukranian (who u probably never even heard of until this fight came up) has 1 loss on his record and is a viable contender for anyone right now. Jameel McCline is a waste of a fight and when Peter knocks him out it will mean nothing.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum