Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #31
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if Lewis had beaten Vitali by decision?

I personaly felt that in the last round Lewis was aserting his ring generalship and really beating Vitally about the ears. It took him a few rounds to find Vitallys number but when he found it he was really hammering him.

I also can't see a scenario where Vitally would have remained in the fight much longer between Lewis and the cuts he had sustained. Had the fight been alowed to continue the only way he could have pulled it out of the bag would be with a quick knockout.
janitor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #32
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbassie View Post
Can't really remember but it was the usual suspects, Widdow, Ruskull etc. Some combination thereof. There was a huge long thread-probably the longest thread ever on esb and it started out with one or several of those guys trying to prove it was a headbutt with screencaps, Radar made them look silly, then it switched to laces-again with pics, Radar made them look silly and finally it was only a little nick which Lewis turned into six or seven deep gashes by using his dreadlocks, which apparently are very sharp and rough. I presume Klitschko got Lewis' entire head inside his mouth at some point off-camera. I don't know how you might find the thread, other than just look for the one with the most replies. I went on for months
Aaaah the world famous 'gottem' thread I remember it well.

Actually from what I remember Drexl was the main star in that thread - Radar owned all the usual suspects which wasn't hard to do but Drexl was always there to point out hypocrisy in a calm and collected manner, and he generally owned all Klit-ites that got in his way with cold, hard facts.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #33
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
I personaly felt that in the last round Lewis was aserting his ring generalship and really beating Vitally about the ears. It took him a few rounds to find Vitallys number but when he found it he was really hammering him.

I also can't see a scenario where Vitally would have remained in the fight much longer between Lewis and the cuts he had sustained. Had the fight been alowed to continue the only way he could have pulled it out of the bag would be with a quick knockout.
I agree, and Lewis had already taken some big shots from Vitali, so I dont think Lewis was going anywhere, especially since Vitali was slowing and seemed to be getting weaker.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #34
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbassie View Post
Can't really remember but it was the usual suspects, Widdow, Ruskull etc. Some combination thereof. There was a huge long thread-probably the longest thread ever on esb and it started out with one or several of those guys trying to prove it was a headbutt with screencaps, Radar made them look silly, then it switched to laces-again with pics, Radar made them look silly and finally it was only a little nick which Lewis turned into six or seven deep gashes by using his dreadlocks, which apparently are very sharp and rough. I presume Klitschko got Lewis' entire head inside his mouth at some point off-camera. I don't know how you might find the thread, other than just look for the one with the most replies. I went on for months

I remember that. The "cornrow" attack !

I think the site crashed since then, so the thread will be lost now.

Boxing nuthugger fan excuses are just awesome, absolutely awesome.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #35
Weber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Well, we wouldn't be in this mess if Lennox had kept his promise and given Vitali a rematch, would we? Lennox didn't look particularly confident after the fight either. I'd say that the fight was about 60-40 in Vitalis favor with Lennox gaining speed when the fight was stopped. Lennox definitely could've won the fight without the stoppage, but him cowering out of the rematch really takes a lot out of his win for me.
Weber is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
Well, we wouldn't be in this mess if Lennox had kept his promise and given Vitali a rematch, would we? Lennox didn't look particularly confident after the fight either. I'd say that the fight was about 60-40 in Vitalis favor with Lennox gaining speed when the fight was stopped. Lennox definitely could've won the fight without the stoppage, but him cowering out of the rematch really takes a lot out of his win for me.
Not really. He retired. And gave Vitali the chance to be champion.

Because he promised to fight him again straight after in the heat of the moment doesn't mean he should be bound to that if he decides it's better to retire.
I mean, these fighters aren't supposed to be slaves to us or each other. It's a dangerous game in there and no one should be criticized for retiring when their heart just isn't it in any more.
There's more to life than trading punches with Vitali Klitschko, esp. when you're already rich.

Truth is, Lewis was supposed to retire before that, but couldn't bring himself to walk away at the right time.

If Lewis had carried on and fought someone other than Vitali, that would have been fair point to throw criticize at him. But if the guy sits down and just says "Hey, no more fighting for me, let someone else be champion, I'm retired", then he should be respected for it, and nevermind what he said after the fight when he was still in fighting mode.

Maybe Lewis didn't see the point in getting beat, or the reward in beating Vitali again, maybe he just too tired to train, or too bored with it all. Maybe he never really fancied getting brain damage.

I respect Lewis's decision and his resisting calls to come back in the face of all the goading and fake controversy from Klitschko supporters. He's clearly man enough to rise above that.
And I'm no big Lewis fan by any means.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #37
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

I remember that. The "cornrow" attack !

I think the site crashed since then, so the thread will be lost now.

Boxing nuthugger fan excuses are just awesome, absolutely awesome.

You lads are disapointing me no mention of the Wlad was drugged excuse? Vaseline excuse? Wlad himself sacked his cornerman for putting too much vaseline on him after the Brewster loss

Then theres the 1 where Steward gave the doctor to stop the fight, Wlad must be betraying Vitali employing Steward
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #38
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
You lads are disapointing me no mention of the Wlad was drugged excuse? Vaseline excuse? Wlad himself sacked his cornerman for putting too much vaseline on him after the Brewster loss
I remember something about a man in a green hat coming to Wlad's corner to poison his water ! I shit you not. Imminent hospital tests that will reveal the level of poisoning Don King inflicted on Wlad, not to mention Wlad suffered heat stroke due to the somewhat unorthodox (and kinky) practice of covering his whole damn body in vaseline !
Old 10-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #39
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I remember something about a man in a green hat coming to Wlad's corner to poison his water ! I shit you not. Imminent hospital tests that will reveal the level of poisoning Don King inflicted on Wlad, not to mention Wlad suffered heat stroke due to the somewhat unorthodox (and kinky) practice of covering his whole damn body in vaseline !
Wlad shit himself, it was the first time he was in with a puncher and did use up that nervous energy and punched himself out while getting his body bashed. BUT I wouldnt be suprised if he overdosed on Performance Enhancers too
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum