Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Castillo the best Mayweather ever faced??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERMZ BOXING
everyone talks about how mayweather hasnt fought a prime guy..and i thought about it....u know ..it's true... manfredy was overthe hill, corley aint shit...judah is a fluke to me... baldomir old ish with c+ skills... Gatti was a coorpse.... Oscar was 5-8 years passed his peak.. Corrales was an open target....the only person to ever give mayweather fits was castillo in their first date... so thats it?? the BEST opponent for the BEST in the world was a guy who got K.O'd with one punch his last fight?? trippy... think of the style it took to bother floyd.. castillo would pin him and grapple him with body shots...a style somewhat similar to hatton... if hatton smothers mayweather he can pull it off...but he'res the bad news...hatton's weight...up and down... up to middleweight when he's not fighting and back down to jr welt.... floyd is a gym rat... watch...hatton will bring it for 5 -6 rounds then floyd will beguin to pick him to pieces.... I think Cotto is the ONLY man that can knock out floyd and i think Mosley is the ONLY man that can out box floyd... my opinion
I agree with a lot of this BUT. you seem to be suggesting HAtton can only maintain heat for 5-6 rounds. Just because he baloons between fights the guy always, ALWAYS makes weight and looks fantastic. His career is a catalogue of fights where he OUTWORKED his opponents. He had a bad night against Collazo because he is a big welter and a southpaw and Hatton admitted he struggled, He also had a poor night against Urango, but he claims to have had a severe cold/chest infection (I saw a documentary about the build up to the Urango fight and it was talked about a lot, i for one believe it) almost every other fight he has had he has just been a relentless buzzsaw.

He will be training for PBF NOW! he may not win but do not factor in the assumption he will fade. If anything PBF may fade, he nicks rounds and never seems to fight for the full 3 minutes, which is fine when someone is trying to outbox him, but HAtton will just be trying to pressure, disrupt and attack him all night long.

And another thing ( a point directed at others) his clinching is not illegal - so deal with it. An inside fighter will clinch and maul to garner a better position, **** me Tyson did it pretty well, he is not a hugger and he is no Ruiz, Hatton works on the inside it's where he wins and has ended 99% of his fights. Ruiz just used to win on points.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #17
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotrain
I won't take anything away from PBF when he fought Castillo because Castillo was at his best. But Mayweather only won the second fight, so take that for what it is.

Hatton would present problems for Zoo, but if Hatton wasn't allowed to use his rough house tactics, he would have never won the fight. And yes the Zoo that fought Phillips would of had a better chance than the older one who fought Hatton.
And if Ali wasn't allowed to jab he'd have been dogshit.

Hatton did land one illegal blow deliberatley bt Zoo landed about 3 and they were no accident. The ref didn't deal with it so HAtton did. Even Zoo at the end said 'Ricky was better than me everywhere tonight'. He had no complaints - only apologists/haters ver bring this shit up.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #18
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Mosley can 'outbox' PBF? Don't be ridiculous.
That's what got me I love Mosley, but that's not happening.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #19
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram
So....Who was Cotto's best win againsts?
BIGGEST win, judah....BEST win, torres
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum