Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Running Tips

Arobic and anarobic, you cant have one without the other in anything that takes 3 minutes.
scrap is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Arobic and anarobic, you cant have one without the other in anything that takes 3 minutes.
I agree.... ur like a crossword scrap
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sorry, to cotinue, what we are looking for in Sport is the capacity of your Lactic Shuttle improve that, youre on the right track. A running one can be of Help . Improving your Lactic Threshold is what its about, there are many ways to improve it understanding Feel is one of them if not the most important aspect, many dont and train to get injured. Injured your not going anywhere other than the Quacks .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
So why would you not train anerobically for an anerobic activity?
I see the logic in what you're saying, but in your experience, you would be aware that my run so far would be functional in sparring, I don't think the line between Anaerobic and Aerobic is as B/W as it appears in theory.

Anyway, Anaerobic activity is not absent from my lifestyle, I play soccer for fun, hit that hill till failure and havent always gone for a time. Nothing better than gassing yourself sometimes.

Planned anaerobic based sessions start after the time is reached. Criticisms are welcome though, I know you've experienced it before.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Anaerobic and Aerobic is as black and white as anything in sport. Work out your anerobic threshold and use that as a training tool to both monitor your improvement and also find out your best possible submaximal timings. By using this effectively you will improve your fitness- FACT!

There's no magic in sports despite what some people have you believe.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #21
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You're not giving me anything new, you need both energy pathways in the sport of boxing.

I've done my investigating and come to the conclusion that a strong Aerobic base is essential before you begin Anaerobic training. This is textbook stuff and if you're experienced with your 3 mile then you'd be aware that it is one intense run. You're pretty much toying with your threshold the entire time. You have to run as hard as you can with the most limited of oxygen supply, because of that it significantly increases your cardiovascular function/efficiency of processing oxygen.

Once you have reached your desired level cardiovascular function then you can practice your ability to function with no oxygen. This makes sense.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #22
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
You're not giving me anything new, you need both energy pathways in the sport of boxing.

if you're experienced with your 3 mile then you'd be aware that it is one intense run. You're pretty much toying with your threshold the entire time. You have to run as hard as you can with the most limited of oxygen supply, because of that it significantly increases your cardiovascular function/efficiency of processing oxygen.

Once you have reached your desired level cardiovascular function then you can practice your ability to function with no oxygen. This makes sense.
I see. Sorry misread your intial post... i'm an idiot... Perhaps improve your running technique.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You cant live without Oxygen, its called Oxygen Debt, your still using Oxygen .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
You cant live without Oxygen, its called Oxygen Debt, your still using Oxygen .
you know what i mean.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #25
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Think so
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #26
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

If your goal is boxing an idea is not to run the entire distance forward. Instead of running make it "moving". Throw punches as you move, move sideways and backwards, slip and duck tree branches, etc. Ideally I run in the middle of nowhere as it looks funny to people without a clue.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post

I've done my investigating and come to the conclusion that a strong Aerobic base is essential before you begin Anaerobic training. This is textbook stuff and if you're experienced with your 3 mile then you'd be aware that it is one intense run. You're pretty much toying with your threshold the entire time. You have to run as hard as you can with the most limited of oxygen supply, because of that it significantly increases your cardiovascular function/efficiency of processing oxygen.

I'vegot an anwer for you... did it at college today
Old 10-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Try this.... Twice a week, break your 3 mile run down into 3 one mile segments. Run each segmant at as fast a pace as possible. Have a five minute rest then attack the next segment. Progressively decrease the rest period between segments. Your body is unable to improve its capabilities due to your fitness not been sufficient... you must improve your running technique to move forward. Hope this helps and has made up for my shitty earlier answers.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #29
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

I myself would stick to sprints, you get the endurance training in the gym, but you need the explosiveness and spark through running
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #30
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
I myself would stick to sprints, you get the endurance training in the gym, but you need the explosiveness and spark through running
You also get a lot of explosive training in the gym.... Its not really rocket science, do both(distance, and sprints), work hard.
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing