Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 AM   #61
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut

MOsely looked strong and powerful @ 154? Against who?
Against De La Hoya. The same time the allegations came up.
Look how massive he looks. Almost like Vargas did when he fought DLH.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by IsaL; 09-29-2007 at 04:54 AM.
IsaL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2007, 06:06 AM   #62
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Yup he looks huge. Maybe because he was fighting at a higher weight..

Last edited by INFIGHT; 07-09-2006 at 04:01 PM.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #63
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
you are not making sense, because he thinks cotto will win he automatically hates shane?
I never said Erratic hates Shane, Relentless, that's not the issue! Facts are that Mosley faces Cotto in six weeks time, the Balco issue is brought up now and Erratic Behaviour started this thread. Erratic is not to be accused of starting a thread based on news first published elsewhere but the fact that he would like Cotto to win and having started this thread NOW are not disconnected by any means - B'sides anybody can alledge anyone else is not making sense... Since both ESB Champions Erratic and now you Relentless are saying that I am not making sense, I give you the benefit of the doubt and will give it a rest ( on the 2003 roids issue and on Mosley's legacy, not on the Cotto - Mosley confrontation).
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #64
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

****in cheater dude.... The guy who gave Mosley the roids went on to work with Winky.. Wonder if Winky is in on it.

"Mosley said he and Hudson parted ways one fight later, after Mosley lost the Winky Wright in March 2004. Hudson eventually went to work with Wright."
Tito Time is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #65
Tro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

IMO Roids don't help boxers. Who as ever looked really good in a fight and failed a drug test afterwards? I can't remember maybe there a some fighters but I think of one. I think roids can obviously help athlete's to a certain extent. Before Dwain Chambers (100 meter athlete) got busted Micheal Johnson was saying he looked really heavy with too much muscle. Anyway he blew a big lead in the relay where Great Britain were winning, later was found out taking THG (a new designer steriod). The point is he looked over muscled and too bulky and that was one of his worst years as an athlete. Go Figure.
Tro is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #66
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tro
IMO Roids don't help boxers. Who as ever looked really good in a fight and failed a drug test afterwards? I can't remember maybe there a some fighters but I think of one. I think roids can obviously help athlete's to a certain extent. Before Dwain Chambers (100 meter athlete) got busted Micheal Johnson was saying he looked really heavy with too much muscle. Anyway he blew a big lead in the relay where Great Britain were winning, later was found out taking THG (a new designer steriod). The point is he looked over muscled and too bulky and that was one of his worst years as an athlete. Go Figure.
Vargas looked good for 4-5 rounds before being stopped and did better against DLH than most fighters had previously done with the exception of Mosley.

James Toney also looked great against Ruiz.

Mayorga did'nt look good against DLH.

Mosley didn't look good against DLH.

Roy Jones looked good too.

Who else been caught taking roids?
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #67
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I love how a so called health freak wouldn't check to see what the hell he was taking, such bs.
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #68
knowledge22

vCash:

I am new to this board. But here are my thoughts on this. I have posted this elsewhere.

Here is my take on the whole steroids question looming over Mosley. And this is why I believe Mosley's situation is very much different from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Marion Jones. It all has to do with intent. And evidence of intent.

*Mosley intent was not to cheat. He was looking to obtain legal substances, on the recommendation from his trainer. At that point in 2003, BALCO was not known world wide as a steroids hotbed. It was, in his mind, a nutritional company. Also Mosley received a list of banned substances from the Nevada Athletic Commission, making sure that he was not using anything illegal. Also after testifying in front the grand jury. Mosley was the only athlete ,out of those who testfyed, to take a lie detector test, that he passed, explaining that he was not trying to cheat. Those results were submitted to the commission and the media.

*Mosley relationship with BALCO is only with this 1 incident. While Bonds and Jones have years of association with BALCO. There is no evidence or link beside his $1500 check and one time visit.

*Mosley has never tested positive before or since this incident.

*Mosley made an immediate statement explaining himself. While Bonds, Jones, and others have danced around the questions.

In my mind the only thing Mosley is guilty of is being too trusting of his team. He probably should have done much more research on the substances he was taking. But if you really examine it, none of those things he was taking were considered illegal until after the BALCO raid.

The thing that bothers me about this story is why did it take 4 years to come out. We all knew that Shane Mosley explained that he unknowingly used this stuff 4 years ago. So why is it a big story now.....maybe specifcs. But most inside the situation already knew the specifics. In my mind, Mosley is not getting a free pass, he is getting a chance to explain himself, and he is very believable and the evidence supports it.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #69
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoTime
Those are assumptions, not facts.
It's a fact that the only evidence there shows a one time relationship. You didn't highlight the part about the check.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #70
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
Against De La Hoya. The same time the allegations came up.
Look how massive he looks. Almost like Vargas did when he fought DLH.
He looked muscular, and just about ALL boxers look that way.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 03:07 PM   #71
AmazingHook
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
BS. He looked like a steroid using body builder.
No, he didn't. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
AmazingHook is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #72
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
BS. He looked like a steroid using body builder.
BS he looked like he normally did.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #73
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
bullshit, what the **** is this, you cant look ripped these days without being accused of doping?
Exactly, some people need to be slapped!
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #74
BeReal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's tough, he is a good guy, yet, seems to be a nice guy who can be taken advantage of. I hope it was the one time thing but I want to give Shane the benefit of the doubt. One other thing, The DLH 2 fight was seen as a career make or break for shane so he very well may have knowingly took the stuff trying to get the extra "edge". I think it raises the larger issue, just how many athletes are not competing "on the level"? It is really sad.
BeReal is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:09 AM   #75
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeReal
It's tough, he is a good guy, yet, seems to be a nice guy who can be taken advantage of. I hope it was the one time thing but I want to give Shane the benefit of the doubt. One other thing, The DLH 2 fight was seen as a career make or break for shane so he very well may have knowingly took the stuff trying to get the extra "edge". I think it raises the larger issue, just how many athletes are not competing "on the level"? It is really sad.
Mosley knew that beating DLH would be the only way to resurrect his career back to the mainstream.
IsaL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum