Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Taylor has pre Schmelling Joe Louis syndrome with that left hand

Schmelling exposed Louis low left hand and Pavlik exposed Taylor's. He needs to keep that left up or he will get stopped again, an amateur flaw that I was worried about before the fight(his chin is not the problem it is his DEFENSE). I thought that Taylor would get off the mat and win a decision with his speed and experience but Pav proved me wrong. Also I didn't think Kelly would almost get stopped but he did. Great fight by both men, non stop action. Can't wait for the rematch and Taylor better keep that left up or he will lose by KO again. He is a good puncher but is no Louis.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 05:04 AM   #2
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Default Re: Taylor has pre Schmelling Joe Louis syndrome with that left hand

The fact that you mentioned Louis and Taylor in the same spectrum makes me ill.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:06 AM   #3
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
The fact that you mentioned Louis and Taylor in the same spectrum makes me ill.
If you knew anything about boxing and Joe Louis before the first fight with Max then you would notice the similar flaws, but once again your arrogance/ignorance/hatred blinds you.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor Em
If you knew anything about boxing and Joe Louis before the first fight with Max then you would notice the similar flaws, but once again your arrogance/ignorance/hatred blinds you.
If *I* knew anything about boxing. I realised your point about about dropping the left, but you didn't realise mine. A lot of fighters drop their hand(s) as a flaw, but they aren't going to get mentioned within the same context as a legendary ATG who just so happened to do something similiar early on, as if insisting that the subject medium fighter has a shot at correcting that and being able to achieve some more in their career.

Taylor's avenue's are washed up, if he jumps up in weight he's going to get KOed again, it's not like he was fighting some amazing phenominal talent in Pavlik, he was fighting a solid, but ordinary fighter who happens to have good ring intelligence.

Get over Jermain Taylor already, this is the end of the line as an acclaimed fighter.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Leaving the left hand low seems to be a very common flaw in many young fighters these days. It just goes to show that you can have all the talent in the world but all it takes is a good right hand and you can lose it all. It happened to Joe Louis and Lennox Lewis.

I am doubtful Taylor can make the necessary changes like Louis and Lennox as he doesn't seem to be a very smart fighter and seems incapable of listening to the advice given by his corner. He hired the right man to correct his flaws, shame he didn't listen to the advice given to him.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #6
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
If *I* knew anything about boxing. I realised your point about about dropping the left, but you didn't realise mine. A lot of fighters drop their hand(s) as a flaw, but they aren't going to get mentioned within the same context as a legendary ATG who just so happened to do something similiar early on, as if insisting that the subject medium fighter has a shot at correcting that and being able to achieve some more in their career.

Taylor's avenue's are washed up, if he jumps up in weight he's going to get KOed again, it's not like he was fighting some amazing phenominal talent in Pavlik, he was fighting a solid, but ordinary fighter who happens to have good ring intelligence.

Get over Jermain Taylor already, this is the end of the line as an acclaimed fighter.
So ONE loss is the end of a fighters carrer . If you want to put it in perspective Taylor is a more accomplished fighter than Louis was after his loss to Schmelling. He does not have the skill and explosive power that a Joe Louis has and CERTAINLY does not have the overall resmue of the Bomber, but he is a very good former undisputed champion who almost stopped the current champ who had never been down in the 2nd round. Who fighting today is as great a fighter as Louis? Did I say his greatness was on par with Louis? No but this is a flaw they shared EARLY in their carrers, and one that they could cover up for a while but got exposed by the right fighter that is all.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:21 AM   #7
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber
Leaving the left hand low seems to be a very common flaw in many young fighters these days. It just goes to show that you can have all the talent in the world but all it takes is a good right hand and you can lose it all. It happened to Joe Louis and Lennox Lewis.

I am doubtful Taylor can make the necessary changes like Louis and Lennox as he doesn't seem to be a very smart fighter and seems incapable of listening to the advice given by his corner. He hired the right man to correct his flaws, shame he didn't listen to the advice given to him.
Thank you, great point. Jermain seems to be stubborn. I don't know if it is just arrogance or stupidity but if it is not the ladder then this should be a wake up call.
Fedor Em is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum