Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #31
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Vivian Harris vs Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
I think Witter is a bad fight for Harris. He's at the point where he needs to step up reclaim a title now, and I don't think he can pick and chose what shot he gets. Harris has always been his own worst enemy. When he lost to Maussa, his promoter and training bailed on him as soon as they could find an out in the contract. I hear he's a nightmare to work with: stubborn as hell and very demanding.
He is the mandatory, so he has earnt the shot.

I think Witter is the best fight for Harris actually.

Witter fights at a pace that even Harris can handle, he has stamina issues aswell.
He is shorter and I dont think he is to much more skilled than Harris, he tends to rely on his talents aswell.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #32
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
He is the mandatory, so he has earnt the shot.

I think Witter is the best fight for Harris actually.

Witter fights at a pace that even Harris can handle, he has stamina issues aswell.
He is shorter and I dont think he is to much more skilled than Harris, he tends to rely on his talents aswell.
I know he's earned his shot. Maybe you see something I don't (or vice versa). I just see Witter being a bad matchup. I was just saying that even IF he would prefer another titlist, he has to take the title he's up for. Maybe you're right, and he'll walk away with a win from Witter.
smokey is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 AM   #33
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaames
you shouldn't always goes by that... In that fight, Harris didn't fight his fight... You look at the second Urkal fight and then you look at the Maussa fight..... 2 different fighters...
I'll make it short and direct to the point . . . I don't think Harris has enough pop in his punch to seriously hurt Hatton and stop the guy from Bullying and maulling him. No matter what kind of Harris shows up . . . Hatton will still be able to walk over him and beat him. That's just my opinion.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:17 AM   #34
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
I'll make it short and direct to the point . . . I don't think Harris has enough pop in his punch to seriously hurt Hatton and stop the guy from Bullying and maulling him. No matter what kind of Harris shows up . . . Hatton will still be able to walk over him and beat him. That's just my opinion.

Based on what? Hatton has shown he can be hurt, and that he can be hurt by guys who aren't necesarily big punchers. Harris could give Hatton a tough fight if he brings his A game.
smokey is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 AM   #35
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
Style wise Harris will have a good shot of beating Hatton but eassiest fight? That's just ****i'n hype.

Let's be real about this . . . Harris was KOed by Maussa whom Hatton has KOed in the 9th. It's more realistic to think that Hatton will walk over his punches and level him down to the canvas once he slowed down later on in the fight.
if fighter A beat fighter B, and fighter B beat fighter C, then fighter A beats fighter C?
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 AM   #36
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i think harris has'nt been the same since maussa nailed his head to the floor. hatton just over powers harris and walks through him.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 AM   #37
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02
if fighter A beat fighter B, and fighter B beat fighter C, then fighter A beats fighter C?
Don't make it complicated didn't you see my explanation? In my opinion no matter what kind of Harris shows up, Hatton will still be able to rough him up and beat him.

Hatton can beat fighter A,B and C. I hope it clear now.
psychopath is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum